Coffee In Bkk

TRIPxCORE

Starbucks too strong????

:D

Good God that's the first time I've heard that.

I couldn't imagine your reaction to a proper Thai coffee, then - or a traditional Italian espresso for that matter. Or Greek, or even Australian...

Starbucks too strong - are you serious? Maybe you'd prefer a nice luke warm Milo or Ovaltine? :o

Oh btw, if you're just trolling: just try posting your message on alt.coffee - you'll get flamed by many many much more capable coffee enthusiasts than me...

Black Canyon coffee is pretty good. A few years back it was hard to find decent brewed coffee in Thailand; it was mosty instant coffee.

Yeah ..like Black Canyon. :D

They only opened a couple of years ago but now you can find them almost everywhere...MBK-Big C-Secon Sq and even in/on Skytrain.

Also you can join their club -B.C.C.C.C-(@100bt) which gives you something like 30% discount on whatever you buy.

They also do promos like a jug of Heine for 100Bt.(appy our)

Only ever tried Starbucks here in London...Ugg :o

Starbucks too strong????

I couldn't imagine your reaction to a proper Thai coffee, then - or a traditional Italian espresso for that matter. Or Greek, or even Australian...

Starbucks too strong - are you serious? Maybe you'd prefer a nice luke warm Milo or Ovaltine?   :o

Oh btw, if you're just trolling: just try posting your message on alt.coffee - you'll get flamed by many many much more capable coffee enthusiasts than me...

I beg your pardon? Troll? Having almost 400 posts and being one of the most senior members on this forum would hardly qualify me as a troll. Learn your place sir/madam.

Edited by tripxcore

Starbucks too strong????

Starbucks too strong - are you serious? Maybe you'd prefer a nice luke warm Milo or Ovaltine?   :o

I beg your pardon? Troll? Having almost 400 posts and being one of the most senior members on this forum would hardly qualify me as a troll. Learn your place sir/madam.

Best to avoid the Noid.

Starbucks too strong????

Starbucks too strong - are you serious? Maybe you'd prefer a nice luke warm Milo or Ovaltine?  :o

Hey,hey. Merlin? Maybe he can make himself vanish.

They only opened a couple of years ago but now you can find them almost everywhere...MBK-Big C-Secon Sq and even in/on Skytrain.

Also you can join their club -B.C.C.C.C-(@100bt) which gives you something like 30% discount on whatever you buy.

no.

actually black canyon has been existed more than 10 yrs already :D

my apartment!! I brought my own single espresso machine over from Sydney and I am becoming quite the barrista !! It really confused the poor sods at Customs...haha.

Oh really? Where do you live? I'll drop by and we can chat over a nice cup then. :o

no.

actually black canyon has been existed more than 10 yrs already :D

Agree.....but at my age 10 years IS a couple...... :D

Why it was only yesterday that you could get a pint of "Amarit"in the German B.B.Soi 7 for @ 30bt :D

Black Canyon puts me off. I ask for their "Colombian" and it is served to me with the instant packet tucked under the cup. I thought I had them figured out when I ordered an "Americano" (a shot of espresso in a regular coffee cup, topped up with steaming hot water), but it still came with the instant packet underneath.

Ban Rie has a STRONG cup of coffee. I enjoy their location at the corner of Ekkamai and Sukhumvit, but their small tilted A-frame kiosks at the Jet stations get high marks, too. Just the thing when I was hitting the road up to Korat back in the days when I was doing that.

Ban Rie has different grades. They have medium and a milder coffee, though I'm not sure what it's called.

Next time I stop in, I'll make sure to ask that they serve it to me in a mug. The brought me a cafe lhawn in a plastic cup that I don't think was designed for hot beverages. Kind of icky tasting, but I needed a jolt and slugged the hot, black stuff down anyway.

No cream, no sugar. I like my coffee like I like my women - hot, black and bitter!

Tung Who makes a decent cup of joe. 20baht for a cup of cafe lhawn at the local outlet in my office tower. This is only in a pinch. Usually, I keep my own coffee fixin's at my desk.

Coffee World's Americano ain't bad, but I feel like I'm slumming. I like Starbucks just fine.

However the best coffee is at home. I like Tops gourmet blends. Premium blend is 49 baht for 100 grams. Grind it on number 7. Not too coarse, not too fine. The key is in the grind -- the only thing that made sense to me in the movie Blackhawk Down. Drip brew it through a cone filter with Berlinetta filters. A heaping tablespoon in a large mug, with water from the hotpot. Perfect.

before was a place call Mango , one in siam square & one in MBK , not sure if it is still trading ..

NOw where is to buy best beans ? any one know ? sometime if i go to vietnam i get some good beans there . the best i never have ..

i have espresso machine at home and grunder , use about 1.2 kilo a month .

Best coffee is definitely at Info-Cafe on Sukhumvit Soi 24, just by the Emporium Shopping Centre.

Sorry, but that was a totally blatant promo for a coffee-shop that I own!!! But the coffee does taste good!!

before was a place call Mango , one in siam square & one in MBK , not sure if it is still trading ..

NOw where is to buy best beans ? any one know ? sometime if i go to vietnam i get some good beans there . the best i never have ..

i have espresso machine at home and grunder , use about 1.2 kilo a month .

Abbsynia on Soi 3, opposite Zenith Hotel, makes a good, eye-popping brew. Take time on Saturday or Sunday for their Ethiopian coffee ceremony.

They also sell whole Ethiopian beans.

Most branches of Tops sell good beans. They have a gourmet coffee brand of whole beans you can grind yourself (or with help of store staff if you track them down). Many different prices. I like the Premium Blend. 49 baht for 100 grams.

Aroma has good beans. It can be found in Foodland and other places.

Best coffee is definitely at Info-Cafe on Sukhumvit Soi 24, just by the Emporium Shopping Centre.

Sorry, but that was a totally blatant promo for a coffee-shop that I own!!! But the coffee does taste good!!

If its the best and I am sure it is then go for it. :D

I like coffee and recon Thai (and VN) produces some of the best around and its only a matter of time before they get the recognition from the international "trendies"they deserve.

Will definately "de-cafe" it on my next visit.

Incid...Whats the name of your other gin joint :D:o

the best expresso i had in Bgkk was in a French restaurant, called the indigo, silom, soi convent.

it's full of aroma, very tasty and of course you drink it far too fast. better to order another one, and then, another one and so on....