sriracha john

total11.gif

International Detective Thailand

mmmmm.jpg

Surachai Vivattanachart, Director of International Detective Thailand

thailand-1.jpg

Areewan Jatuthong, a former Miss Thailand runner-up

Wife beater filmed rape, says victim

A man has been accused of drugging and raping a 25-year-old student while his wife watched, filming the attack on his mobile phone, then using the footage to blackmail the victim into not reporting him. Surachai Vivattanachart, a convicted wife beater who was arrested yesterday, allegedly repeatedly raped the victim over a period of 10 months, threatening her at gunpoint if she resisted. Pol Col Noppawat Arayangkoon, the Chief of the Crime Suppression Division (CSD), said Surachai, 33, was charged with rape and defamation following a complaint filed by the victim. The defamation charge arose from allegations Surachai had shown the footage of the rape to his friends. The arrest was made by the Crime against Children, Juveniles and Women Suppression Division (CCSD). The victim whose name was not released, told police she had been repeatedly raped by Surachai from April 16 last year to January after being employed at his detective firm, International Detective Thailand. Police said in the first attack she was drugged and raped in full view of Thanawan Klaipae, 42, Surachai's wife. Police alleged the sex act was filmed to blackmail her and led to months of sexual abuse at the hands of Surachai. In July 1996, Surachai, formerly known as Kanisorn, was convicted of beating and torturing Areewan Jatuthong, a former Miss Thailand runner-up, and sentenced to two years in prison. He was accused by his former wife of forcing her at gunpoint to walk naked in their neighbourhood and torturing her. He had earlier been sentenced to 18 years in jail for storming Phaya Thai police station. Armed with an M-16 assault rifle, Surachai made police release his two friends who were detained for carrying firearms. He was freed two

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1068...ape-says-victim

============================================================================

One of Surachai's previous convictions:

6 years for wife-torturing General's son

An Army General's son was sentenced to six years and six months in jail yesterday for beating and torturing his wife.

Kanisorn Vivittanachart was found guilty of several offences against Areewan Jatuthong, a former Miss Thailand runner-up.

The Criminal Court turned down a request to suspend or reduce Kanisorn's sentence, saying the defendant was an educated man, but had shown no sign of remorse for what he had done to his wife. Kanisorn's father is a retired Army Major-General.

The court said its decision was partially based on medical reports from doctors who treated Mrs Areewan.

Mrs Areewan accused Kanisorn of beating and torturing her as well as forcing her at gunpoint to walk naked in their neighbourhood.

According to her, on one occasion Kanisorn tortured her by dripping hot candle wax on her body. On another occasion, he stripped and handcuffed her and then forced her to walk back home from the mouth of their soi.

Mrs Areewan said she was satisfied with the court ruling and would seek compensation and punitive damages, adding a divorce had already been settled.

- Bangkok Post / October 31, 1998

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this incident, Miss Areewan has become a strong advocate against domestic violence as a speaker and a writer:

http://www.worldpress.org/Asia/1311.cfm#down

http://towardfreedom.com/home/content/view/718/61/

http://www.unescap.org/unis/press/2007/mar/n09.asp

Edited by sriracha john

Mrs Areewan accused Kanisorn of beating and torturing her as well as forcing her at gunpoint to walk naked in their neighbourhood.

According to her, on one occasion Kanisorn tortured her by dripping hot candle wax on her body. On another occasion, he stripped and handcuffed her and then forced her to walk back home from the mouth of their soi.

The woman must have stolen some GODIVA chocolate from him.

I remember the incident with the Phaythai police, he was carrying a heap of weapons including an AK47. That was big news, I'd be interested to know how much time he served.

Me too. Let's see, July 1996 he's sentenced to two years. Just over two years later, October 31 1998 he's sentenced to 6 years. I don't remember the case of storming the police station, but the Post says "earlier". Earlier than what? He was sentenced to 18 years. 18 years ago was 1991. But he was freed two years ago? And if he was sentenced to 18 years earlier than July 1996 what was he doing out torturing young women? This does not compute. :o What are the chances the papers will report on this? :D

No word if the witnessing wife will be charged as aiding and abetting. Difficult to understand her not reporting his crimes.

Try tell anyone and your'e dead???

Sure to be the classic beaten wife syndrome, similar to Stockholm.

Just to afraid and dependant on the abuser to make a move,

until something big externally suppressed his power over her.

Poor lady. She no doubt was as much or more of a victim

than the young lady, longer and worse.

Not to minimize what the young woman was subjected to...

Hope this guy gets a right LOONG time in stir...

No word if the witnessing wife will be charged as aiding and abetting. Difficult to understand her not reporting his crimes.

Yes, that is the likely scenario, but that is nonetheless, difficult to understand.

She was able to comprehend and know how much damage he was inflicting on the student... and likely herself, as well... and yet, made no moves to end it. She witnessed or knew of repeated rapes time after time. Knew of the video and the blackmailing and intimidation associated with it. Likely knew of his highly checkered past and behavior... and yet, not only put up with it resulting in her own destruction, she failed to attempt to end an innocent student's destruction, also.

The human psyche is almost limitless in its possibilities.

Edited by sriracha john

Yes, that is the likely scenario, but that is nonetheless, difficult to understand.

She was able to comprehend and know how much damage he was inflicting on the student... and likely herself, as well... and yet, made no moves to end it. She witnessed or knew of repeated rapes time after time. Knew of the video and the blackmailing and intimidation associated with it. Likely knew of his highly checkered past and behavior... and yet, not only put up with it resulting in her own destruction, she failed to attempt to end an innocent student's destruction, also.

He could also have threatened to harm her family or other loved ones. Being married to the guy, their lives are so entrenched that he could easily torment her even if she herself were protected.

"It puts the lotion on..."

movie: Joe Dirt

I get so tired of hearing about the "military or the police" owning this country... it is so backwards.

Back home if you were a cops kid, you would get hazed.... here you are hoisted up on shoulders.

Im interested about this because my wife has a big fear of being raped in Thailand almost as if it happens regularly and she is always careful. I have read there is a stigma attached to it and the police arent any help?

Oh my god you didnt just say that did you? I suggest you listen very closely to your wife, sounds like she is totally aware of the realities of Thailand while you are oblivious. If you are not taking precautions to protect your wife I feel very sad for her. Girls are raped ALL THE TIME in this country, but because of the stigma many dont report it and it just keeps going on. This is a serious problem in this country. I've reported a rape to the police (not mine), it was a thorough waste of time.

One example: Thai women will not take taxis alone at night, they have heard the hundreds of stories of girls getting raped by taxi drivers. Its a huge risk.

Im interested about this because my wife has a big fear of being raped in Thailand almost as if it happens regularly and she is always careful. I have read there is a stigma attached to it and the police arent any help?

Oh my god you didnt just say that did you? I suggest you listen very closely to your wife, sounds like she is totally aware of the realities of Thailand while you are oblivious. If you are not taking precautions to protect your wife I feel very sad for her. Girls are raped ALL THE TIME in this country, but because of the stigma many dont report it and it just keeps going on. This is a serious problem in this country. I've reported a rape to the police (not mine), it was a thorough waste of time.

One example: Thai women will not take taxis alone at night, they have heard the hundreds of stories of girls getting raped by taxi drivers. Its a huge risk.

well woman should be careful and use common sense, especially at night, when alone, and in a bad neighborhood, etc but there is no need to be paranoid, that is unhealthy and breeds all sorts of things. if the woman has a partner he should do his part like collecting her from work, bus stop, etc.

Edited by mc2

Just like drugs can change the brain's neural functioning, like repeated eurphoria receptor over-load,

can dull our responses to typical 'happy making things', abject fear for extended periods can also

burn in it's fight or flight responce till the mind nulls it to a tolerable level.

So the poor terrorized person needs MORE terror just to feel it.

And yet at the same time the practical limits continuous fear imposes on their actions,

changes the levels of what can be ignored. Just because he isn't in the room doesn't mean

that his RETURN wasn't a constant worry, never down time to chill and relax.

Constant fear.

And because the fear never goes away, it embeds a sense of helplessness.

Each little disagreement with the abusers 'will' gets beaten down,

and eventually ALL disagreement to ALL subjects is stifled as a survival mechanism.

Insidious.

The brain shuts out the horror so it can survive. Otherwise madness is probable.

War vets sometimes have similar issues. Shut it out, and never talk about what went on.

A pretty NASTY cycle, that serial abusers, like this sociopath, rely on,

even if they don't know nor care about the mechanism causing it.

I feel as sorry for this wife as the raped woman, she was likely raped for years, not A year,

so what if it was marriage in name, it would still be rape, since she could NEVER have

consciously, willingly, signed on for this abuse... had she known in advance.

And his successful abuse and control of the wife and likely many others,

yet unheard of, only wetted his appetite for MORE CONTROL.

What better thing to gratify your 'power jones' than a terrified

and cringing woman you have just had your way with...

waiting your leave to be thrown out.

Yes THAT'S POWER... to a sick mind like this.

My sympathies to the wife for sure,

her road back to mental health will be longer,

and maybe unsurmountable.

Edited by animatic

well woman should be careful and use common sense, especially at night, when alone, and in a bad neighborhood, etc but there is no need to be paranoid, that is unhealthy and breeds all sorts of things. if the woman has a partner he should do his part like collecting her from work, bus stop, etc.

Not being paranoid..... I just have more information than you.

A note is that those precautions only cover a minority of the cases as the large majority of rape cases are done by someone the victim knows and are familiar with.

A note is that those precautions only cover a minority of the cases as the large majority of rape cases are done by someone the victim knows and are familiar with.

Indeed, statistically AFAIK, "Uncle Somdet" is the most likely perpetrator.

Edited by sriracha john

SAD, may him and the wife rot in Jail, no doubt the wife will claim she was a victim also :D:o

Judging by the blatant crimal behaviour of this creep, I don't find it hard to believe that his wife may have been living in fear and was a forced accomplice.