Nuisance Of Kids Play Centre

johnjesse1

We have lived in Thailand for some years and currently live in a small close with just 6 properties, all farang owned. The occupant of one house has set up a kiddies play centre. He did this without any consultation with his neighbours who are increasingly fed up with the noise level and traffic that results from this business. Does any member have any views about this? Is it a business that a farang is allowed to set up? We have not yet sought legal advice.

Does he have a Thai partner. if so its in her name. but it might pay to try and find out discreetly with the powers that be what rules apply. more likely though will just give them an opportunity to get so under counter money to keep quiet. who's kids are they Thai or Falang. i take it you have spoken to this person and they have ignored you.

Allan

Unless the local jurisdiction has some kind of "zoning" regs which restrict/ban business activity in residential areas, then they are probably fine. As the last poster points out, the thing is probably set up to appear to be majority Thai owned.

All this should be easily researchable though.

Look at the bright side. They could have opened a karaoke bar.

We have lived in Thailand for some years and currently live in a small close with just 6 properties, all farang owned. The occupant of one house has set up a kiddies play centre. He did this without any consultation with his neighbours who are increasingly fed up with the noise level and traffic that results from this business. Does any member have any views about this? Is it a business that a farang is allowed to set up? We have not yet sought legal advice.

Yeah, it's stories like this that make me glad I rent properties and if crazy stuff like this goes down you can move on elsewhere until it's either fixed or you find a better place :o

Hope it gets sorted for you JJ

Does he have a Thai partner. if so its in her name. but it might pay to try and find out discreetly with the powers that be what rules apply. more likely though will just give them an opportunity to get so under counter money to keep quiet. who's kids are they Thai or Falang. i take it you have spoken to this person and they have ignored you.

Allan

He and his wife are both English, as I am, with nary the sight of a Thai worker around. Yes, I've spoken to the fellow about the unrestricted screaming, his reply "they are only kids" As someone who has 4 grown up kids I think I know the difference between having fun and egging on a screaming contest. Thanks for yr reply. John