Toddler In Bangkok A Few Questions

ceylan

Hi

I have a few questions for you all..I am coming to Bangkok for a work trip again with my 17 month old. We will be in Thailand for about 5 weeks.

Last trip we hired a great nanny through and agency and would like to use her again if we can. Only I would prefer that I go direct to the nanny as I was unhappy about the way the agency was dealing with us towards the end of our last trip. I have her contact details and was wondering what kind of pay the agency was giving her? So I can pay her more than they do but less than they were charging me. Any ideas?

Also can anyone tell me if there are some places that the nanny can take my daughter to play with other kids? I dont want her stuck at the apart hotel all the time :o We go to an indoor play center in London where they have soft climbing frames and ball pits etc anything like that in bkk?

One more thing...I am planning to have my daughter vaccinated against measles while we are there..I dont want the triple MMR vaccine just the single Measles jab. Would anyone recommend a Doctor or hospital to get this done? and also a rough idea on price?

Many thanks

Thanks for that info..

I took her to the Sylvanian families last trip she did enjoy that. I was also wondering if any one fancies getting together in the park so the kids can play a bit? I am worried that she wont see many kids her age to play with!

I will have a look for that park I think its not far from where we are staying

Many thanks

Hi

Lumpini Park also has some nice playgrounds.

There is a softplay area in Emporium on the 3rd floor (Cyberpark) called Jamboree.

There's also an 'educational toys' shop on the 4th floor where a lot of toys are on display and kids can just play around.

Little Gym in Emporium offices building (Emporium Suites?) 8th floor holds classes and I think you can get guest membership. Quite pricey classes though.

Bambi run a number of playgroups and you don't have to be a member to join in.

http://www.bambiweb.org/playgroups.php

The parks are there but the pleasant weather to stroll them not so often. If too hot or you are afraid to get stuck in the rain there are a few places to enjoy in Paragon, starting downstairs with the large aquarium where it's not too difficult for a kid to socialize with the numerous very young vistors, another kids playground is in Paragon's 3rd floor, you have to walk through the department store. Quite busy on week ends and sometimes they have live shows. It's right next to the video game areas so quite noisy as well. They also accept toddlers in the cinema there and ours find the VIP theater quite fun. Also good variety of restaurants downstairs, some with decent food and large sitting areas, easy to go with a kid or just enjoy while the nanny is taking care of the baby.

Kiddo in Central World also take 1 year olds for 1 hour playing sessions on sunday, and your child might find friends in prekindergardens.

As of the nanny, I guess anywhere from 5 to 15oootbh a mo

Edited by luisparis