Visa Expiration Date

My wife and I (US citizens) have double entry Thai tourist visas which are good for a total of 120 days (60 days each). We left Thailand (and visited Laos) before the first 60 day period was up, then returned to Thailand on December 31, 2008. Our second 60 day period should have started that day - and theoretically ended on March 1, 2009. The border officials stamped them "February 28, 2009". Our flight out of Thailand is set for March 1 - and we wonder if this small discrepancy will cost us 500 Baht each for "overstaying" by a day (which we really didn't). Is this something we should deal with here in Bangkok before leaving for the airport on March 1? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Immigration were correct. The day you enter is day number one.

You will not be fined 500 baht as they give a days grace, but your passport will be stamped overstay.

If you want you can extend your Visa for 30 days at Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I (US citizens) have double entry Thai tourist visas which are good for a total of 120 days (60 days each). We left Thailand (and visited Laos) before the first 60 day period was up, then returned to Thailand on December 31, 2008. Our second 60 day period should have started that day - and theoretically ended on March 1, 2009. The border officials stamped them "February 28, 2009". Our flight out of Thailand is set for March 1 - and we wonder if this small discrepancy will cost us 500 Baht each for "overstaying" by a day (which we really didn't). Is this something we should deal with here in Bangkok before leaving for the airport on March 1? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Hello,

if you fly early morning (2am for ex) on 1st March and you're lucky to pass the immigration before midnight (28 feb) you'll avoid the little blue stamp on your passport. :o

This will depend on what time your company will open the counter for boarding and the queue..

• 3 weeks later...

To complete this thread - we sailed through passport control on the morning of March 1 (about 7 am) - no questions, no penalties, no little stamps - just the normal stamp indicating we were leaving the country. So all of our worries were in vain.

Next time we'll play it a little more safely and watch those dates when making flight arrangements. Thanks to all who offered counsel on this situation. - Chuck