Looking For A Foldable Shower Seat For Old Person

Dario

Im thinking of taking my 87-year old mother from Switzerland to my home in Pattaya. She lost my father a little over a year ago and is now all alone in a home for elderly people. The more she has been battling a noro virus with constant vomiting and diarrhee for weeks.

When I visited her last year I noticed in her bathroom a very helpful thing: a foldable shower seat. I try to attach a picture here for you to show. I asked my friend in Berlin ro arrange to send me one but he told me that he is sure this item should also be available here in Thailand. Has anyone of you ever seen something similar in Thailand (possibly in a hospital) or even know where I could buy one? Any info would be very much appreciated!

post-5472-1233405229_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1233405274_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dario

You should try looking on Ebay.

Anything I can't find here in Thailand, I buy from ebay.

I found what you're looking for.. Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WALL-MOUNT-FOLDING...93%3A1|294%3A50

Theres also so many more to choose from. Just search for 'Shower seat'

Good luck and sorry to hear about your father, I lost my grandfather 6 months ago and my Grandma is also all alone...

Im thinking of taking my 87-year old mother from Switzerland to my home in Pattaya. She lost my father a little over a year ago and is now all alone in a home for elderly people. The more she has been battling a noro virus with constant vomiting and diarrhee for weeks.

When I visited her last year I noticed in her bathroom a very helpful thing: a foldable shower seat. I try to attach a picture here for you to show. I asked my friend in Berlin ro arrange to send me one but he told me that he is sure this item should also be available here in Thailand. Has anyone of you ever seen something similar in Thailand (possibly in a hospital) or even know where I could buy one? Any info would be very much appreciated!

post-5472-1233406423_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1233406467_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1233406538_thumb.jpg

Hope the link works.. Its actually a lot longer than what's showing above

Thank you Meg for your answer. Yes, the link works, not a problem! I buy a lot on eBay, you wouldn't believe, I even bought a flagpole for my house in Pattaya on eBay Germany and my son brought it to Thailand three weeks ago. I attach a picture. Everyone said I was crazy when I told them, but now everyone likes it.

I know where to buy it in Germany but they would charge me a little fortune to ship it to Thailand and then there are always the Thai customs who want their fair share, we have quite some experience. We're looking to find something here and I guess that should be something I should be able to find. I also attach two more pics of the actual seat my mother has in Switzerland. Anyway, thanks a lot, Meg!

post-5472-1233407068_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1233407130_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1233407226_thumb.jpg

I saw them in HomePro, the big home improvement has-it-all center. Check the shower/bath tub section. I was just discussing them with my wife a few days ago, but the sales person couldn't tell me if it would support 2 people at the same time or not, but for one person it should be fine.

:o

I saw them in HomePro, the big home improvement has-it-all center. Check the shower/bath tub section. I was just discussing them with my wife a few days ago, but the sales person couldn't tell me if it would support 2 people at the same time or not, but for one person it should be fine.

:o

Surely his answer should have been ' depends how heavy the two people are, sir'

Also, to Dario, my sympathies for your mum--my mother turned 87 this January and I feel for you.

There is a supply shop and drug store on Sukumvit about half way between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang near Spanish Place Condo.

They sell all kinds of different equipment for the elderly and physically challenged. Maybe they have. Take your photo to show them.

In Prannok road, Bangkok Noi, in front of the main entrance of Siriraj Hospital there is (at least) one shop selling auxi-medical supplies.

I thank you all for your replies. I will definitely go to HomePro today, I happen to be in Bangkok today, but also in Pattaya they have a HomePro. Let's hope that they have such a shower seat. I'll be turning 63 this month and I am well aware that many elderly people fall in the bathroom. Most people think about this. My father died from such a fall after which he developed an internal bleeding in his brain. So such a seat can be helpful for me as well.

In Prannok road, Bangkok Noi, in front of the main entrance of Siriraj Hospital there is (at least) one shop selling auxi-medical supplies.

I thank you all for your replies. I will definitely go to HomePro today, I happen to be in Bangkok today, but also in Pattaya they have a HomePro. Let's hope that they have such a shower seat. I'll be turning 63 this month and I am well aware that many elderly people fall in the bathroom. Most people think about this. My father died from such a fall after which he developed an internal bleeding in his brain. So such a seat can be helpful for me as well.

It might also be worth putting some grab handles on the walls, close to the controls and the seat.

I wanted to write: most people probably don't think about this or simply don't know this fact..

It might also be worth putting some grab handles on the walls, close to the controls and the seat.

Yes, absolutely.

Also, have non-slip matting in the shower.

If the floor surface is hard, consider softening it with a layer of towels/other means.

Even better is to have a person your parent trusts helping her and and at her side. Thai helpers know how to do this discreetly.

These matters can, of course, become delicate with older people (pride intervenes). I suggest just having everything in place when she arrives. Just announce this is normal here.

All the best. Hope she has a wonderful visit.

Hi Dario

Although there are many medical supply shops in BKK (and throughout Thailand), I have never been able to find a supplier of this type of shower seat in Thailand. When I fitted out my hotel I had to purchase this type of seat on the internet.

HomePro does sell a good range of grab-rails.

Simon

Hi Dario

Although there are many medical supply shops in BKK (and throughout Thailand), I have never been able to find a supplier of this type of shower seat in Thailand. When I fitted out my hotel I had to purchase this type of seat on the internet.

HomePro does sell a good range of grab-rails.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I have come to the same conclusion. I've checked out HP in Rangsit and in Pattaya. None of them have somthing like this. I checked out 2 supply shops in Pattay and its: same same. Please PM me so we can exchange views on this. Thank you!

I have some good news:

I did finally find a shower seat! Where? In HomePro Pattaya. I just didn't want to give up and went again with my wife. They lady at HP we spoke to this time took our request very seriously and showed us - belive it or not - a foldable shower seat in one of the shower cabins on display. I could not belive my eyes. The price is 3,750 Baht. But: I found the whole thing not very stable for my (a bit heavy) mum and I asked if that was the only option. No, there was another option, and that is what we bought straight away for 2,290 Baht only (!), because the lady said, it was the last one available and it would not be produced anymore. But you can always contact the company which is "Bahtroom Design Co. Ltd." in Bangkok.

Here is a picture, you can also view it on our website [link removed] Just proceed to GALLERY.

A truly great seat. If everything goes well with my mum she'll be testing that seat at the end of April this year.

post-5472-1234085469_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1234085522_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1234085554_thumb.jpg

I have some good news:

I did finally find a shower seat! Where? In HomePro Pattaya. I just didn't want to give up and went again with my wife. They lady at HP we spoke to this time took our request very seriously and showed us - belive it or not - a foldable shower seat in one of the shower cabins on display. I could not belive my eyes. The price is 3,750 Baht. But: I found the whole thing not very stable for my (a bit heavy) mum and I asked if that was the only option. No, there was another option, and that is what we bought straight away for 2,290 Baht only (!), because the lady said, it was the last one available and it would not be produced anymore. But you can always contact the company which is "Bahtroom Design Co. Ltd." in Bangkok.

Here is a picture, you can also view it on our website [link removed] Just proceed to GALLERY.

A truly great seatfor not much money.

Attached thumbnail(s)

post-5472-1234089129_thumb.jpg

Edited by MiG16
link to commercial site removed - MiG16

for info - links to any commercial site by members are not allowed on the forum.

if you wish to advertise your business please contact

sales[at]thaivisa.com

replace [at] with @

Ive also merging 2 threads together and keeping this in Pattaya forum