True/cable Internet--how Is It?

heybruce

I have had it for a few years. It's pretty good, the service is rarely down and speed very consistent.

My package is around 1mb and costs approx. 970Bt/month

Although it is slower (supposedly) than my TT&T (which is around 3mb), it always seems to download faster.

Their office used to be on the north side of the canal road, but I think they are now in Kad Suan Kaew.

I have had it for a few years. It's pretty good, the service is rarely down and speed very consistent.

Although it is slower (supposedly) than my TT&T (which is around 3mb), it always seems to download faster.

Their office used to be on the north side of the canal road, but I think they are now in Kad Suan Kaew.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look for them today or tomorrow. Can anyone confirm the location of the Chiang Mai office? I tried their website and had no luck.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look for them today or tomorrow. Can anyone confirm the location of the Chiang Mai office? I tried their website and had no luck.

Got no number for Chiang Mai but this looks hopeful:

ฝ่ายขายลูกค้าส่วนบุคคลต่างจังหวัด (Sales for provinces)

โทร. 0-2620-0400 # 14373

โทรสาร. 0-2642-1578

E-mail : [email protected]

They used to have an office on north side of moat between Chang Puak gate and Computer Plaza. 2 rows of shophouses that go perpendicular from the moat road. They were about 2 shops back on the right hand side. Can't remember what is in the roadside units though, it used to be Travex tour company on the left.

Got no number for Chiang Mai but this looks hopeful:

ฝ่ายขายลูกค้าส่วนบุคคลต่างจังหวัด (Sales for provinces)

โทร. 0-2620-0400 # 14373

โทรสาร. 0-2642-1578

E-mail : [email protected]

They used to have an office on north side of moat between Chang Puak gate and Computer Plaza. 2 rows of shophouses that go perpendicular from the moat road. They were about 2 shops back on the right hand side. Can't remember what is in the roadside units though, it used to be Travex tour company on the left.

Thanks once again. I will have to call the first number again tomorrow, they don't have weekend support. The second number if for a modem.

limited coverage unfortunately. i never could get it, even though i lived in the center of town. always some reason why but i never could understand why they weren't aggressively expanding their coverage. supposedly they were going to implement wimax which would have obviated the need for extra cabling but nothing's developed on that front.

now i live on the other side of the river from the center of town, which apparently will never be connected (by cable at least) to the true service.

anyone lucky enough to be in their area should consider it. i consistently hear that it's better than all the rest. maybe it has something to do with the fact that so few people have it, so it's less congested.

tot is pretty crap but it depends on where you live. off nimmanhaemin it was atrocious. in wat gate it's much better but still slow at times. oddly, torrents run at full speed, but html access is choked - i rarely get more than 400k downloads via my browser whereas torrents often give me the full 2megs or close.

note that the problems are only for international pages - local sites are full speed almost always. i suppose there's not enough domestic demand for overseas traffic to justify CAT purchasing more bandwidth. many have already noted this.