Diesel & Gas Up 1.55 Baht Today Why?

Mali1964

Morning

PTT site today show an increase of 1.55 baht across the range, any ideas? Oil price seems to have remained

stable for weeks now, around the low forty's

Could this be the government tax discount they gave for 6 months ending Today? But i did hear that it was being extended again for a few months any one any news on this?

Must say though its still very cheap with Diesel still under 20 Baht a ltr, not sure what it will be at songran when where back burnin the Gas again at Harvest time.

Source

http://www.pttplc.com/en/nc_oi.aspx?

http://www.oil-price.net/

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Edited by Mali1964

It was announced yesterday but prices on Koh Phangan had already gone up 1.55 baht despite the announcement that it was to take effect today :D

Yeah same happens in UK at Budget time, prices are to adjust at midnight that day, but some cash in for a few hours especially with the Fags & booze duty increases so not just a Thai trick. :o

Thanks for the reply.

You Guessed it ! The pumps are empty ! 3 petrol stations in the locality. One has shut down recently. the other two have no diesel and on the way back I could swear I saw people pumping Diesel into Oil Drums from the station that has recently shutdown. <deleted> ! I came to thailand to get away from this sort of madness ;-)

How much did they raise it by !?

You Guessed it ! The pumps are empty ! 3 petrol stations in the locality. One has shut down recently. the other two have no diesel and on the way back I could swear I saw people pumping Diesel into Oil Drums from the station that has recently shutdown. <deleted> ! I came to thailand to get away from this sort of madness ;-)

How much did they raise it by !?

1.55 Baht & there's another one due, its to bring back into line the Tax Duty that they gave for temporary relief when oil prices sored, Diesel was reduced by around 3 Baht a ltr, so it looks like they are doing it over a couple of stages which is a dame fine Idea :o