Pay Monthly Electric Bill By Direct Debit

It might depend on which organization provides your water and which organization provides your electrical service. They might be particular about which specific bank (even which bank branch?) you have the money debited to pay your utility bill. There are several similar replies at this Thai Visa link. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Paying-Powerbill-t237890.html

Well it is definitely possible in Thailand, but I don't know about Phuket.

In Pattaya, the process involved first visiting the electric company main office to get a form which they prepped for me, then off to the bank to give them the form and more stamps and signatures, and then back the electric company. It was a hassle to set up but once done it was in effect within a month.

Well it is definitely possible in Thailand, but I don't know about Phuket.

In Pattaya, the process involved first visiting the electric company main office to get a form which they prepped for me, then off to the bank to give them the form and more stamps and signatures, and then back the electric company. It was a hassle to set up but once done it was in effect within a month.

Samesame Hua Hin, took an hour. Its the way to go, bill gets paid and you have peace of mind even if you are away.

Can't see why Phuket would be different, lots of falangs there so I'm sure the elec supplier is on board with it. My elec guy has a little hand-held digital device that prints out the bill when he reads it.

But the water is read manually and I pay the supplier through my residents' committee which e-mails the bill to me.

As for what the TGF says, most of them are not really up to speed on the most efficient ways to do things like this.

Edited by johnnyk