Rice Price 2009

THAIPHUKET

My wife believes that after songkran price will go up because all the farmer had to repay the bank.

I am naive and know nothing about it.

Where can I find some charts relating to free domestic market prices

We are talking only about 10 tons jasmin rice.

May be next year 50-100 tons.

I want her to get more of a feeling for market reality, charts are the best instrument.

Any other info most welcome.

My wife believes that after songkran price will go up because all the farmer had to repay the bank.

I am naive and know nothing about it.

Where can I find some charts relating to free domestic market prices

We are talking only about 10 tons jasmin rice.

May be next year 50-100 tons.

I want her to get more of a feeling for market reality, charts are the best instrument.

Any other info most welcome.

You'll see another post showing what people have been getting throughout this season in Issan this year. amazingly it appears the price has stayed good and actually appears to be going up slightly (the idiot govt stockpiled over 6 million tons of the stuff out of the 10 million or more that they had in storage then refused to sell it when everybody was paying an arm and two legs for it last year so that is a factor to consider for non Hom Mali rice. My brother in law got either 14 or 14.5 baht about a week ago in Prachon Chai and north Surin people were talking 15. I wouldn't have believed it but so it is now i believe ai don't know who told you to forget it and quit but good on you that you are looking to try to get some more production. we've got about 40 rai in Paw Teung (beans) for green manure right now and converting to organic. Obviously those prices are much higher. What kind of yields did you get per rai and what do you expect to get to reach your 100 tons? Talk of an other el nino and a lot of rain again as we went under a meter and a ahlf twice on one farm alone but still managed to get 500 per rai on that farm and lost half of another that didn't flood nearly as bad but wouldn't drain either. choke Dee

PS i don't if there are any charts and this forum is the lifeblood of the Issan rice farmers so we will all try to help you out and never tell you to quit (maybe advise a few neophytes not to try depending on their circumstances but let's hope you get 105 tons next year and it smells as sweet as the morning dew.