I Will Return To Post Of Prime Minister: Thaksin

george

Former PM files defamation charges against FM

Deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra today (March 27) sent his attorney to file defamation charges against the Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Criminal Court pertaining to the minister's insinuation that he wished to establish Thailand as a republic and position himself as president.

Attorney to Thaksin, Udom Brongfah, this morning traveled to the Ratchada Criminal Court to file defamation charges against Minister of Foreign Affairs Kasit Piromya, Thai Day dot com Company, and ASTV.

The charges were motivated by comments made by Kasit on the People's Alliance for Democracy stage on 3, 11, and 29 November 2008 when he accused Thaksin of wishing to form a republic.

Udom's case file dismissed the accusations and indicated that the sentiments had caused damages to the former Prime Minister. The Criminal Court had accepted the case and scheduled an initial hearing for June 1.

Udom stated that whether or not the charges would be pursued in the Civil Court was yet to be decided.

- ThaiNews / 2009-03-27

A few potential classics here:

Wonder if the defendent will demand Thaksin be present

Wonder if Thaksin's son will be called.

Wonder if any of the customers at the bar his son made the statement will be called.

Wonder how Thaksin's mention of a cartain number during his CM speech fits in with all this.

Wonder whether the incident on an airplane involving Thaksin a while back will impinge on this.

Wonder if Thaksin's sudden found acceptance of Thai courts mean he will return to accept their verdict against him.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former PM files defamation charges against FM

Deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra today (March 27) sent his attorney to file defamation charges against the Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Criminal Court pertaining to the minister's insinuation that he wished to establish Thailand as a republic and position himself as president.

Attorney to Thaksin, Udom Brongfah, this morning traveled to the Ratchada Criminal Court to file defamation charges against Minister of Foreign Affairs Kasit Piromya, Thai Day dot com Company, and ASTV.

The charges were motivated by comments made by Kasit on the People's Alliance for Democracy stage on 3, 11, and 29 November 2008 when he accused Thaksin of wishing to form a republic.

Udom's case file dismissed the accusations and indicated that the sentiments had caused damages to the former Prime Minister. The Criminal Court had accepted the case and scheduled an initial hearing for June 1.

Udom stated that whether or not the charges would be pursued in the Civil Court was yet to be decided.

- ThaiNews / 2009-03-27

A few potential classics here:

Wonder if the defendent will demand Thaksin be present

Wonder if Thaksin's son will be called.

Wonder if any of the customers at the bar his son made the statement will be called.

Wonder how Thaksin's mention of a cartain number during his CM speech fits in with all this.

Wonder whether the incident on an airplane involving Thaksin a while back will impinge on this.

Wonder if Thaksin's sudden found acceptance of Thai courts mean he will return to accept their verdict against him.

You forgot to wonder whether Thaksin's charges against Kasit might be well founded.

Exiled PM Files Libel Suit against Foreign Minister

The exiled prime minister has assigned his lawyer to file a defamation lawsuit against the Foreign Affairs Minister and ASTV for accusing him of trying to overthrow the royal institute.

Lawyer Udom Phrongfah , representing fugitive Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, filed a libel charge to the Criminal Court today against Foreign Affairs Minister Kasit Piromya, Thaiday Dot Com, and ASTV.

The three defendants have been accused of intentionally defaming Thaksin and alleging that he was disloyal and planned to overthrow the monarchy during the anti-government rally by the People’s Alliance for Democracy or PAD last year.

Three VCDs recording parts of speeches given on the PAD stage were brought to the court as evidence. The court calls for the plaintiff and the defendants to testify on June 1 at 9am.

Thaksin’s lawyer claimed that the lawsuit against the defendants is not aimed to incite the red-shirt supporters to fight for Thaksin.

He added that the exiled PM is not the ringleader of the current anti-government demonstration.

Udom added that he, on behalf of Thaksin, will file another civil lawsuit against the three defendants within two weeks, to ask for payment for damages ensued.

- TOC / 2009-03-27

He added that the exiled PM is not the ringleader of the current anti-government demonstration.

:o

No there's a lawyer you can trust to tell the truth... :D

Thaksin, will file another civil lawsuit against the three defendants within two weeks, to ask for payment for damages ensued.

bi-monthly lawsuit filing... :D

do the Thaksin's lawyers have their own filing window at the Court building??

Hmmmm...I wonder when people will loose interest about talking about this pathetic wannabe dictator? Maybe he should show his true colors and switch from red to brown shirts.

Oh well, as long as his followers enjoy standing in the sweltering heat in Bangkok for a lousy 500 Baht per day, I guess I only have one thing to say....UP TO YOU lol

Hmmmm...I wonder when people will loose interest about talking about this pathetic wannabe dictator? Maybe he should show his true colors and switch from red to brown shirts.

Oh well, as long as his followers enjoy standing in the sweltering heat in Bangkok for a lousy 500 Baht per day, I guess I only have one thing to say....UP TO YOU lol

I have just watched on local Thai TV an extract from Thaksin latest phone in.His voice raised , thumping the table he gave an passable portrayal of Adolph Hitler in his prime. With the Director of the Nelson Mandela movie, called from memory"the Long journey ," about to cast the leading role maybe this is where Thaksins future lies. Having compared himself recently with Mandela he should be a walk up start for the role.

There is no solution that involves the return of Thaksin short of the country splitting into two. This is more regional than class or interest or anything else. Most people miss this especially western journos who see everything is contexts o European diaspora history.

Basically draw a line from the west of th ecountry through the lower centralarea and across the east now encompassing a few lower Isaan provinces as well as the Eastern region and everything south is anti Thaksin and eveything north pro-Thaksin in terms of broad majorities. This has repurcussions for the future of the country as a country if genuine reconcilliation isntfoundand that doesnt mean what either Sondhi or Thaksin or any of their supporters say. Reconcilliation is about compromise.

Thaksin's new political parties are relatively weaker than he would like and members are peeling off towards the Govt power centre. The attempted rallies are an effort to stiffen the sinews of the opposition and the phone-ins are there because Thaksin knows that there is nobody on the ground as a stand-in. He is now hoping that the general economic crisis will bring down the government and he can return as saviour of the nation. This is the desperate dream.

Thaksin pitches 'all-out' fight

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's decision to step up his attacks on the government and privy councillors underlines his intention to fight an all-out battle against his political enemies, analysts say.

Sombat Thamrongthanyawong of the National Institute of Development Administration yesterday said Thaksin evidently believed he had nothing to lose in his campaign to return to power.

His message in phone-ins to supporters showed he was happy to fight back against his enemies in the hope he could discredit the government, Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda and privy councillor Surayud Chulanont.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1421...s-all-out-fight

http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/03/30/pol...cs_30099146.php

That's a clarification about Sukhumwit dinners by the host.

They held meetings after the famous speech to the judges. Piya said that they didn't have any military officers there so they couldn't possible plot the coup, they just discussed the current situation. Is that illegal according to Thaksin?

Interestingly, after the coup, when they were in the country, Thaksin and Pojamarn visited the same man in the same house several times.

"Meanwhile, most people surveyed by a Dusit poll believed the anti-government demonstrations would not be prolonged and were optimistic they would not escalate into turmoil.

Of 3,236 respondents from 21 provinces across the country, 61 per cent believed the situation would not get worse because circumstances were not ripe to oust the government; only 7 per cent believed the situation could get out of hand.

However, the poll found 44 per cent believed Thaksin's phone-ins could trigger unrest, while 28 per cent thought turmoil could result if the demonstrators were provoked."

http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/03/30/pol...cs_30099158.php

Please do not post opinion and/or comments and quotes from news sources in the one post.

It is confusing for members to determine what is quoted news and what is your personal opinion/comment.

Thank you.

I see.

Can't edit that one now. Full article is some three screens long and selecting quotes from it is a pain in the arse, it's easier to just comment on it.

Poll results, on the other hand, speak for themselves.

Thaksin pitches 'all-out' fight

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's decision to step up his attacks on the government and privy councillors underlines his intention to fight an all-out battle against his political enemies, analysts say.

Sombat Thamrongthanyawong of the National Institute of Development Administration yesterday said Thaksin evidently believed he had nothing to lose in his campaign to return to power.

His message in phone-ins to supporters showed he was happy to fight back against his enemies in the hope he could discredit the government, Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda and privy councillor Surayud Chulanont.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1421...s-all-out-fight

Thaksin's enemies.

Thaksin discussing his downfall with his enemies:

A war of words

Published on March 26, 2009

The Nation

What fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra said over the weekend in Chiang Mai was still in the headlines of local newspapers, even though people accused by Thaksin of plotting to oust him came out to dismiss what he said as groundless.

Lom Pleantis, a columnist for Thai Rath, tried to decode what Thaksin said in his video-link phone-in. The columnist said that if one decodes what Thaksin said by considering the intent of the fugitive premier and of the anti-government red-shirt protesters, it can be said that the video-link was Thaksin's last-ditch effort to create another commotion to pave the way for him to come back to power.

Lom Pleantis said, "This is because if Thaksin prolongs the period of his exile further, his popularity with the grassroots demographic group, which has been his vote stronghold, will diminish."

An Abac poll showed that PM Abhisit's approval rating increased after the no-confidence debate, ranging in zone B - or 50.6 per cent. In contrast, Thaksin's popularity declined. The survey showed that respondents gave Thaksin only a 23.6 per cent score, or D+.

Lom Pleantis attributed the rising popularity of Abhisit to a series of economic stimulus package measures. The columnist said that if the government has the opportunity to stay in power longer, chances are that it might be able to win more popularity.

Besides, MPs in the House have started to isolate themselves from Thaksin, such as the "nine cobra" MPs. Some MPs even refuse to listen to Thaksin any longer. Political activities outside the House, meanwhile, have started to lose momentum due to the inconsistent flow of money.

Therefore, Thaksin is desperately trying to encourage a big political movement so he can return to Thailand as a winner. But if the red-shirt rally fails to shake the political scene, then Thaksin's chances will become dimmer.

Matichon's editorial leader commented on the same topic, with an article entitled "Listen With Reservation". The paper referred to what Thaksin said during the phone-in to Chiang Mai and the Abhisit government's attempt to spread information to counter Thaksin's allegations.

Matichon said that the political battle is now an information battle. Both sides are trying to disseminate information to the public to attack their opponents. The government claims the red-shirt protesters are trying to topple it, while Thaksin claims he has survived two assassination plots. The latter claim has not been substantiated.

Matichon summed up that, amid the current political situation, Thais should listen to the claims with reservation because the information might be incomplete and is politically motivated. People should open their minds and ears and carefully think about the information from all sides.

I Will Return To Post Of Prime Minister: Thaksin

Thaksin threatens to lead protests himself if coup happens

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday threatened if soldiers used violence to disperse red shirt protesters or a coup happened, he would return to Thailand to bring out more people to Bangkok and lead the protest himself.

"Do not worry about me. I can manage to survive. But I am worried about your safety. Whenever the shooting breaks out, soldiers shoot at people, or coup takes place, I will return and lead protesters to Bangkok,'' Thaksin said.

He was speaking through video link to his supporters who camped outside Government House on their fifth night on Monday.

Thaksin repeatedly attacked Privy Council Chief General Prem Tinsulanonda, saying after Prem was no longer PM, he continued his influence over governments especially on appointments of military officials.

"He (Prem) always contacted us over the issue till I had to tell him let Thailand has just one PM,'' Thaksin said.

Thaksin also accused Prem, the military, and the Constitution Court of staging silent coups against governments, citing the removal of Samak Sundaravej and Somchai Wongsawat as PM.

Thaksin called on his supporters to rise against bureaucratic polity in the country.

"We will get our democracy back from the Privy Council, from the military, and from the bureaucrats. We want the democracy that brings us our well-being,'' he said.

The former PM then attacked Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya saying when he was PM, Kasit asked him to be his secretary and that Kasit always accepted money from him. Thaksin said Kasit also criticised Democrat Party chief advisor Chuan Leekpai to him as being incompetent.

Thaksin attacked Kasit as being international terrorist for involving in the seizure of Suvarnabhumi Airport.

"I heard that he wants to revoke my passports. It is just over a thousand baht. Take it from me, but you cannot take my heart of being Thai,'' he said.

- The Nation / 2009-03-31

Democracy advocate

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra managed to dominate the headlines in the local press over the past few days, even though his whereabouts are still unknown. On Friday night, Thaksin caused a commotion by implicating some privy councillors in an alleged plot to assassinate him. Then, on Saturday night, he inflamed the political scene by calling on his supporters to rise up and topple the government.

At one point in his speech, Thaksin's tone got higher and higher. Thaksin told his supporters not to worry about him but to fight for "democracy". For those who missed it, the following is a translated excerpt from Thaksin's most belligerent speech to date.

"My dear brothers and sisters ... everyone who received benefits from the democracy that fed you during the era of Thai Rak Thai when I was prime minister. Please give a little thought about how popularly-driven democracy benefited you. Everyone who benefitted from the Bt30 health-care scheme for all, or those who got their children back after I waged a war on drugs, and those who could live a better life after I fought the mafia, and those whose children received a better education when I brought the underground lottery above ground, as well as those of you who benefited from banking for the poor, or the village fund, the OTOP programme or from the debt moratorium..."

"Please rise up together all across the country. Please join the red shirts and bring back our democracy. You don't need to come to Bangkok. You can gather peacefully all around Thailand in order to tell them that we are protective of our democracy. Get democracy back and your lives will be better. No matter who is the government, only through democracy will you be happy. And to all politicians who share my ideology: don't be shy. Come out to lead the Thai people and fight for democracy."

"We don't want to hurt anyone and we won't cause damage to the country. All we want is true democracy that is truly for the people. You don't have to worry about me. Let me worry about you. Whatever you can do, either making one pot of rice or one pot of curry, please do so, so that the fight can continue."

"We want democracy for the Thai people and for your children. We want democracy to co-exist with our monarchy without all the nuisances and disruptive influences. Let's make politics something exclusively for the people only."

"My dear brothers, I'm ready. I'm ready to walk into Thailand and we walk together to tell them that we want democracy. I'm ready. Today we are just asking for democracy. We are not asking for anything more. Can we get that?"

"This is not a fight for any particular individual. This is for our beloved Thailand."

- The Nation / 2009-03-31

Froth and foam from a 'tame dog'

So, what do we do? Now that the battle lines have been clearly drawn between Thaksin Shinawatra and the so-called "extra-constitutional charismatic group" which includes some members of the Privy Council and judiciary, what should be the role for ordinary people like you and I?

The allegation of the former premier that Privy Councillor Surayud Chulanont - the same man who took the premiership after Thaksin was ousted in the military coup of 2006 - and president of the Privy Council Gen Prem Tinsulanonda were behind the putsch, was supposed to be shocking.

For some reason, however, it failed to shock.Instead of generating gigantic shock waves that instantly roused hundreds of thousands to don red shirts and join up with the red march, Thaksin's latest act - considered audacious by traditional Thai standards - made but a faint plop!

Editorial page article continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion...from-a-tame-dog

30043377-01.jpg

Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, author of ‘Thaksin, Where Are You?’, beams as she shows a copy of her book. She later broke into tears when asked about an investigation into her travel to London to interview Thaksin without proper authorisation.

The boon to the publishing world continues...

More details of this scheme, he said, will be reported in the upcoming book entitled 'Thaksin, Are You Okay?', which is set to be released at the end of this month. The book is written by the same author who wrote the controversial 'Thaksin, Where Are You?'.

- TOC / 2009-03-23

Soldier Author of "Thaksin: Are You OK" Faces Disciplinary Action

Soldier-author of the book, "Thaksin, Are You OK?" is facing Army disciplinary action for violating the Defence Ministry's restriction against military officers becoming involved in politics.

Staff member of the Army's Secretariat Office, Lieutenant Sunisa Lerdphakawat, spent nearly three hours clarifying details and motivations with Army Secretary-General Weerun Chunnthasartkosal in regards to her book, called, " Thaksin, Are You OK?".

The Army reportedly ruled that Sunisa's writing violated the Defence Ministry's restriction against military officers' engaging in activities that might result in political gain for the certain groups of the people. Lieutenant Sunisa will be required to give further clarifications in writing.

The Army earlier held a disciplinary investigation into Lieutenant Sunisa's writing after copies of her first book "Thaksin, Where Are You?" went on the shelves. Her case is now in the process of a military court review.

Another disciplinary action was taken against her late last year when she prepared to host a television program on the pro-Thaksin Shinnawatra station, DTV.

- TOC / 2009-03-31

this announcement will put a wind in the sail of the reds for sure

I don't see why it would... one of the main Red Shirt Leaders clearly said their protests did not involve Thaksin in the slightest or have anything whatsoever to do with him.

Bangkok Post / today:

Another UDD leader, Natthawut Saikua, said the UDD protest had nothing to do with Thaksin and those joining it had not been paid as claimed by some opponents.

Natthawut claimed people backed the UDD because they wanted a government that represented the people

or are you saying Nattawut was not exactly being honest?

Whoever heard of a dishonest politician?

This is the most suitable man for the job of Prime Minister. He won elections. He developed Thailand. He knows how to make money and not eating the budget coming from people's tax. The ruling class will lose their power for good if they let him run Thailand, so they made a coup to knock him in 2549.

He will be back to face charges in a true democracy system with the Constitution Law coming from people (2540 version), not under a Constitution Law (2550) made after a coup.

3-1.jpg

The "Mad Dog" wants his power and money back, period. This is a man so corrupted, so self-centered, and thinks that all Thai people can be bought. Well, to some extents, he bought some. But that is not the point. The point is "would you want this man, who has never answered any questions regarding his crimes, but rather tell that he is innocent, to rule the country?"

If Taksin can answer my three questions, what would be the answers?

1. Did you abuse the power as PM?

2. Would you come back and enter into the justice system?

3. Do you actually only want to destroy Bureaucratic Polity, or you want MORE?

Taksin would not answer any of these questions, but would say, “I have done so much for the country. It is not fair.” What’s the point to say that? If he is innocent, then prove it. Does he really want to serve and protect the “Nation", “Religion”and “The King”? I don’t think so!

Edited by Golf

Because the words he uses are so repugnant, offensive, and shockingly repulsive to the vast majority of the population and stoke such a vehement and deeply emotional response. It's not unlike why pedophile threads are closed on here.

Alluding to a pedophile thread is a cheap shot. You disagree with his words, fine, that's your view but don't even try to drag the fellow into the mud. You do not speak for the majority of Thais, particularly those under the age of 30. If you know anything about Thais, then you know that what they think and what they say is often vastly different.

Rather than relying on your interpretation, I recommend that people read the document for themselves and make their own conclusions. I saw no preaching of hatred or violence. No call to political unrest, just a request for the respect of others. I'd say the treatise reflects a great deal of sentiment often stated on the TV boards. Galileo was condemned as a heretic in his day. So was Martin Luther. Look where their ideas ended up.

You would do well to learn the lessons of SE Asia. When you repress the people, ban ideas and free speech and condemn legitimate questions, you sow the seeds of unrest.

I am definitely a Thai under the age of 30, had a western education and thought that Giles is a raving lunatic at best. Thank you very much. What the heck do you mean by no preaching of hatred or violence by that stupid marxist manifesto of his ? He called for the abolishment of the monarchy through violence means, like what Karl Marx preached. And you called that no violence ? Living under a rock much ? Btw, I apologize if I sounds a bit pissed of, I just had an argument with that psychopath kwai Giles.

So in Thailand we allow convicted criminals to govern the country then ? :o

We already have one, whom is foreign minister... International terrorist for closing the airport.

ho, ho, ho hold your horses!

"convicted"?

Not that I know of.... he made a comment, but HE did not shut down the Airport nor did any member of the PAD!

it was the AOT who decidedto shut down operations at suvannbhum!

STick to the facts and then you may reach a deeper understanding of what is happening, who did what and why!

The "Mad Dog" wants his power and money back, period. This is a man so corrupted, so self-centered, and thinks that all Thai people can be bought. Well, to some extents, he bought some. But that is not the point. The point is "would you want this man, who has never answered any questions regarding his crimes, but rather tell that he is innocent, to rule the country?"

Taksin would not answer any of these questions, but would say, “I have done so much for the country. It is not fair.” What’s the point to say that? If he is innocent, then prove it. Does he really want to serve and protect the “Nation", “Religion”and “The King”? I don’t think so!

Great to see you back posting Golf. :D

And a useful contribution to the debate. As you can see on TV, there clearly are a fair number (even though a minority) of posters who clearly would like to see this "Mad Dog" ruling Thailand again. He clearly still holds some appeal to more than the Isaan and pak nua chao baan, despite his unenviable record of human rights abuses, destruction of the rule of law whilst in power, insatiable lust for wealth, nepotism/cronyism of the worst sort and questionable sanity. :o

I think all educated Thais should be asking themselves some searching questions about how this situation came to pass and what can be done to avoid it in future, without slipping down the road to violent division and chaos in future periods of instability. Too many good people end up making their home overseas, writing off their homeland as either a basket case or pretending that it is unchangable. This does not apply to just Thais, but many other countries, such as Zimbabwe or Afghanistan. Sincerely, hope Thailand never slips as far as these countries, and honestly don't think it will, but it really needs some deep introspection on the part of Thais both at home and overseas to avoid any further individual cults of personality splitting the country apart and making sure justice is for all, rich or poor. :D

Taksin would not answer any of these questions, but would say, "I have done so much for the country. It is not fair." What's the point to say that? If he is innocent, then prove it. Does he really want to serve and protect the "Nation", "Religion"and "The King"? I don't think so!

Some suggested answers from the "Great Beast" to your questions, assuming he was given some form of truth drug:

1.Yes

2.No, unless I could fix the outcome.

3.Yes, and no more than that.

And a question for you -what do you mean exactly by "Bureaucratic Polity" because there are some differing interpretations which I'm happy to discuss if you or anyone else is interested

What just a month ago everyone was going on about how it was looking up that British born Abhisit was to be PM. Now, everyone is slagging him off - is it soemthing to do with the fact that he doesn't like College girls earning extra income by selling their bodies on the internet?

I don't think we can expect him to be puking out new policies left, right and centre as Obama is, Obama has a h3ck of a lot more money behind him - another post here was stating that he was handed a reserve less than a month's worth of civil servant wages! Not a lot to build on. Thaksin made no end of promises, predictions and policy statements - mostly to fool the rural vote into thinking he was a savior that loved the struggling underclasses. Many promises and predictions turn out as hot air, and many of the policies he did put in '30 baht medical' etc sounded good, but never worked - many of the others helped him and his family and companies, but not many others - and certainly not the working classes and below.

I think we need to give him more time before we make a judgement and give him enough rope - this country really doesn't need more change that's for sure.

I think Abhisit will be trounced for everything he does. He faces constant pressure from the opposition who seem intent on harassing and hounding him so relentlessly on any and all issues that he, as any sane person would do, will just say "what's the point".

I watched a few days ago some debate in parliament where Abhisit was hounded about his not having gone through military training. Rather than deal with real issues, the opposition is intent on putting so much stupid pressure on him that he ends up looking like a tool.

Even his car was attacked and the back window smashed. Where in the world would the police allow a mob to get close enough to a leader's car that it is physically attacked....

Thailand always has been and always will be governed by people greedy for power that only reaps them huge financial rewards. Once the greed disappears only then will there be some semblance of hope.

It's a huge shame that "he who can't be named" has to watch this farce and witness those who claim to love this country rip it to shreds and make it the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

• 1 month later...
610x-7.jpg

A comic book, titled " Thaksin's Life", on display in Bangkok, 19 October 2006. Ousted Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra, who fled to London following last month's coup, is back as a comic book hero with an unfinished mission to help the poor.

30043377-01.jpg

Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, author of ‘Thaksin, Where Are You?’, beams as she shows a copy of her book. She later broke into tears when asked about an investigation into her travel to London to interview Thaksin without proper authorisation.

30048204-01.jpg

After a long wait, the public has finally heard from singer Saranrat "Lydia" Wisutthithadato, who stated emphatically: "I'm not Thaksin's gig, 200 per cent." The singer released her book "Lydia … Here I am!" yesterday and met the press for the first time since the news broke about her relationship with Thaksin.

The boon to the publishing world continues...

More details of this scheme, he said, will be reported in the upcoming book entitled 'Thaksin, Are You Okay?', which is set to be released at the end of this month. The book is written by the same author who wrote the controversial 'Thaksin, Where Are You?'.

- TOC / 2009-03-23

Imageaspx22233322.jpg

Imageaspxxaxd2434.jpg

Female Military Officer Debuts Her New Book: Thaksin, Are You OK?

Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat traveled to Udon Thani province to introduce her latest controversial book entitled, “Thaksin, Are You Ok?” and to visit red-shirt supporters in the province.

A military officer from the Army Secretary's Office, Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, or Lieutenant Jeab, along with friends who are foreign reporters from England, arrived at the Udon Thani airport yesterday.

They received a warm welcome from supporters and a core leader of Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, or DAAD.

Lieutenant Jeab then visited the Love Udon Thani People group at FM 97.50 radio station, to talk about her new book, “Thaksin, Are You Ok?” She previously wrote the controversial and successful book, “Thaksin, Where are You?”.

She said the new book is based on her new interviews with former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who talked about the "lessons" he has learned while living in exile.

These included his aspect and difficulty in traveling to other countries after the Foreign Affairs Ministry revoked his passport.

Lieutenant Jeab also visited DAAD supporters in the province. She returned to Bangkok yesterday evening.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-05-22