Year-end Bonus For Housekeeper

None of my business but I am surprised that the question was even raised in the first place given the small amount involved. Afterall this person slaves month after month for very little.

The mind boggles......

Is this becosue people are Key Neow or are you all aclimatised to the thai financial ways? If that is the case please think for a minute what it would cost for the same services in your home country?

Yep all depends on the country.

Good live in Housekeepers/maids in Sierra Leone were £5 month,Cambodia £10 month,Ghana £20 a month and I know of some Philipinos who work here in London and earn between £2 and £5k ...a Month (circa 350,000 bt...live in plus a couple of trips home a year to "Smoky mountain " (their "masters"-Saudis and pop stars) :D so its all relative........o yea also when the bosses are away they can use the Roller or Merc to do the shopping...makes sense...dont it.....

got a good maid treat "er well. :o

A Body shop gift basket sounds great, i'm sure that the cleaner will love it and thank you with a massive smile on her face, all the time wondering why you think she is Sukapup.

Then when she goes home and the kids meet her at the door asking what mummy is going to buy them with her year end bonus they too will be overjoyed that Anita Roderick has profited from mummies year long labours.

Give me a basket of soap anyday over much needed cash, its always a winner. ;O)

A Body shop gift basket sounds great, i'm sure that the cleaner will love it and thank you with a massive smile on her face, all the time wondering why you think she is Sukapup.

Then when she goes home and the kids meet her at the door asking what mummy is going to buy them with her year end bonus they too will be overjoyed that Anita Roderick has profited from mummies year long labours.

Read what I posted again Sum Num Na. My maid is receving double her salary as a bonus. We've also decided to give her an additional, more personal present.

The whisky for the guys and gift basket etc for the girls are NOT for our staff. They are not intended as bonuses, because they don't work for us. They are a present to the people who work in our building's offices. They will most likely be getting a bonus from THEIR employer.

I live in a serviced apartment (2 years now) so I do not pay the maid myself - it is included in the rent. She comes every day and takes her about an hour. Of course she does not just clean my apartment but others in my block. What would be the "correct" thing for me to do for New Year? How much cash should I give? Last year I gave a 1,000 in a christmas card. Would this suffice or should I think about the body shop gift basket???

That should be more than enough as she hopefully will be getting extra from her real employer also.

Bendix my comment was not aimed at you i think that what yuo have done for your cleaner is more than generous, my comment was aimed at the above.

Sorry for not being specific

I live in a serviced apartment (2 years now) so I do not pay the maid myself - it is included in the rent. She comes every day and takes her about an hour. Of course she does not just clean my apartment but others in my block. What would be the "correct" thing for me to do for New Year? How much cash should I give? Last year I gave a 1,000 in a christmas card. Would this suffice or should I think about the body shop gift basket???

That should be more than enough as she hopefully will be getting extra from her real employer also.

Bendix my comment was not aimed at you i think that what yuo have done for your cleaner is more than generous, my comment was aimed at the above.

Sorry for not being specific

I also live in a service apartment, and usually give the maid 500 baht every two weeks, Takes real good care of the place when we are gone. Then at the end of the year give her 2000. Also give 2000 at the end of the year to other staff who have been very helpful.