Charity Bike Week Organized By Thai Visa?

CroBiker

So WHO volunteer as Chairman, planner etc? Anyone who want to volunteer should say so, then a democratic poll should do. I can volunteer to try to get sponsors, but due to my job I have no idea if I even be in Thailand when it pulls off.

So that is all I can help doing.

However someone needs to stay on top of this, and since Crobiker was out with the idea I put him forward as chairman, thaicbr is well into this and educated enough to be secretary so those two can organize the event and Dotcom is pretty decisively on the charity so I forward him to organize what to do with the charity money. Where they should go and to what. I agree that the charity should go to the province the event is held, that way you get more goodwill from the government in the area, and they will try to get things rolling. Like Police to sort out traffic etc.

So seems like Kanchanaburi is the place to start as that seems like a central place for all to go to, and what have you. So are you three guys up to it? obviously everybody else will help as much as they can to get this rolling.

Cheers Bard

So WHO volunteer as Chairman, planner etc? Anyone who want to volunteer should say so, then a democratic poll should do. I can volunteer to try to get sponsors, but due to my job I have no idea if I even be in Thailand when it pulls off.

However someone needs to stay on top of this, and since Crobiker was out with the idea I put him forward as chairman, thaicbr is well into this and educated enough to be secretary so those two can organize the event and Dotcom is pretty decisively on the charity so I forward him to organize what to do with the charity money. Where they should go and to what. I agree that the charity should go to the province the event is held, that way you get more goodwill from the government in the area, and they will try to get things rolling. Like Police to sort out traffic etc.

So seems like Kanchanaburi is the place to start as that seems like a central place for all to go to, and what have you. So are you three guys up to it? obviously everybody else will help as much as they can to get this rolling.

Cheers Bard

Thanks Bard but my job is just like yours; takes me out of the country for few months at the time. Surely there is someone more suitable for this position with actual experience in organizing charity events.

With that in mind I recommend Hog Head or Classic_Cigar for chairmanship. I agree with choice of thaicbr and dotcom too.

Edited by CroBiker

Cheers Bard

Thanks Bard but my job is just like yours; takes me out of the country for few months at the time. Surely there is someone more suitable for this position with actual experience in organizing charity events.

With that in mind I recommend Hog Head or Classic_Cigar for chairmanship. I agree with choice of thaicbr and dotcom too.

I can arrange the property after speaking to the Owners - who were kind enough to provide vouchers as giveaways at Pattay Bike Week. They seem to be hip to it. Let me drop an email to the Director of Sales - Harley to see what kind of backing or support they can provide. As Chairman - not sure with work..travel (within the country of course) but checking our properties... Can we arrange a casual meeting this weekend, have a chat - put names to faces and take it from there? Maybe put some ideas together as well...

Chris

Suggestion - if you are going to give in the province - have a look at htttp//baandada.org

Its a children's home. I don't know too much about it apart from a friend that used to take toys and clothes when she came over to Thailand.

Agreed aussiechick...

same with this one that our company did a contribution for - childrens home www.ffc.or.th

Chris

George, that sounds like a good idea.

Got a Chairman now, waiting for confirmation from thaicbr and dotcom for there positions, I have sent out a request to the company I work for to sponsor something, but they need to know what it goes to before they will submit amounts. Also sent out to a couple of other companies who asked for how much in sponsorship was needed to have a stand etc. E.g. Yamaha, sure Tony can milk Kawasaki, Travelmate milk Triumph a bit and so on.

But we all need the details to pull our bit, so get the committee together via personal meeting, skype netmeeting or whatever. and get some plan hacked out. If you guys need more members in the committee to do specific tasks post them out and I am sure people will come through.

Good luck, all the best wishes.

Cheers Bard

Great that this idea might be a reality. :o

Would you like a private subforum created where we can invite a number of committee members to further discuss details in the background?

Yes George, private subforum would be good idea. Access to this section should be given at least to people who posted in this topic and we could always recommend few other members to be given these permissions.

Great that this idea might be a reality. :o

Would you like a private subforum created where we can invite a number of committee members to further discuss details in the background?

Yes George, private subforum would be good idea. Access to this section should be given at least to people who posted in this topic and we could always recommend few other members to be given these permissions.

Great to see the feedback! :-) Ok, I am going to pitch this to the resort owners (99.9% they are in) + 3 other companies within their realm (they also own thai media - tv stations, etc..) In addition - have spoken to a few lads from various companies in our building and they seem keen on sponsoring as well - at what level not sure, as they would need to see everything that we propose. I can be part of the committee if you 'd like. I do think a face to face meeting with this would be beneficial to all.

Subforum - sounds like a good idea.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Great idea, we could help out.

Unfortunately I have no much time for this, as my schedule is pretty busy at the moment. If some of you guys could arrange it, we would be happy to help you with the marketing bit, and try to get some sponsors.

One important point is that we normally do not engage in charity events, but if we can be 100% assured that the funds will reach its destination without too much "administration costs" I am willing to consider it.

Ok guys, where do we go from here?

Phuket Bike week at Patong beach 12 april by Heroes End MC ,sponsor welcome,administration cost some licquer,we charity and jok [email protected]

Great idea, we could help out.

Unfortunately I have no much time for this, as my schedule is pretty busy at the moment. If some of you guys could arrange it, we would be happy to help you with the marketing bit, and try to get some sponsors.

One important point is that we normally do not engage in charity events, but if we can be 100% assured that the funds will reach its destination without too much "administration costs" I am willing to consider it.

Ok guys, where do we go from here?

Phuket Bike week at Patong beach 12 april by Heroes End MC ,sponsor welcome,administration cost some licquer,we charity and jok [email protected]

Not sure if anyone who is part of the private forum has checked the latest post... If interested in meeting - check the face to face posts...

Cheers!

Chris