Holiday Rental Warning!

cessnock

Holiday Rental

When booking a holiday rental be careful as you might end up losing your money. Through

Thaivisa I met a guy who owns a rental company in Jomtien. After choosing my villa I paid a

£688 deposit in two instalments and £40 in bank fees.

Seven months later when we arrived at our departure airport our flights were cancelled due to

the PAD Demonstrations in Bangkok. When I contacted the company, Mr Watson the owner

ignored my emails at first but he was then forced to speak to me via PM on Thai visa.

Nothing was resolved and no refund or compensation was offered. I was accused of trying to

blacken his name.

Two months later and still I have never received a penny or an apology: be careful and read

your contract. My contract never said anything about demonstrations but I still lost out. :o

Cessnock

Hi everyone.....need some advice?

Fivestarvillasandcondos in Jomtien, Pattaya through Thaivisa. Robert (owner) offered me a villa rental at View Talay Villas, Jomtien, Pattaya for Dec 2008. Mr Watson sent me the contract which I signed, returned and paid two deposits totaling 36000 baht. Everything was fine,....I thought... as we had been in regular contact via email since April.

On the 27th Nov 2008 at the Emirates check in desk in Glasgow, we were told our flights from UK were cancelled due to the PAD protests. My family were so upset especially my three boys who were crying, we had this all planned for so long. I contacted five star villas and condos via email and telephone about the situation but they have ignored my emails and telephone calls. I am concerned that I have been well and truelly ripped off, I do hope I`m wrong.

Any advice would be great.

Cessnock

This is Robert at Five Star Villas & Condos.

I have replied directly to Cessnock via Private Message.

Thank you for your support.

Above quoted from your previous topic on this subject.

Please contact fivestar by PM or regular channels.

And on that note lets leave this topic right where it is to prevent any un-necessary speculation.

Closed.