April In Thailand...

praglen

Note, these figures below do not take into account humidity which in April is in the neighborhood of 90%.

Average Daytime Temperature (oC) - Central Thailand

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

30 31 34 36 35 33 32 33 32 32 31 30

Here in southern Thailand, the temperature is about the same the whole year round. But in April it feels quite hot, because the humidity in the air is high (rainy season approaching) but the sun is still blasting full power from a clear sky.

Don't worry, just take it slow and easy once you are here.

Can anyone tell me why Thais don't sweat during heat season. Is it because their body adjusted over the years? My girl didn't even break a sweat when I visited in November and I was all wet, head to toe during 29-34C and 65-80% humidity. Is it possible to get used to this after a while of living there? Ive heard that people in hot climates, they tend to have thinner blood and that helps to keep body cooler. I'm just wondering if it is possible to adjust and not sweat as profusely as I did last time.

Here is a good web page with temperature history. Took me long time to find it because all my 2 week stay, I have not seen a single thermometer and I really wanted to know how hot was there :o Thais don't seem to care about temperature outside :D

http://www.tutiempo.net/en/Climate/BANGKOK...2008/484550.htm

I visited from Nov 6th to Nov 18th. Evenings were ok, but around 15:00 was very sticky :D

regards, Bartek