Comments Are Welcomed

aeon

I was in Harajuku on Sunday also with a 40D.

Small world.

Its not you in the photo is it Maigo?

Very artistic aeon! Don't know what else I can say about it, its in focus (good start) & the colour contrast is GREAT! Well done. ps: glad you didnt get her face, especially if it looks like Maigos. :o

Edited by neverdie

thanks,

I think Maigos is more expressive on black and white (at least on his avatar) :o joking.

I like the idea of not showing the face, it enhances the concept of anonimity of the person behind the the character's mask.

thanks,

I think Maigos is more expressive on black and white (at least on his avatar) :D joking.

I like the idea of not showing the face, it enhances the concept of anonimity of the person behind the the character's mask.

Yes, no my comment about the face was a poor attempt at trying to be funny/a cheap shot at Maigo. Sorry Maigo!

No, I also like your concept of showing the back of this most interesting person... it would of been nice if there was a little more background around the subject, just to allow the viewer to get a greater perspective....but having said that perhaps the background was boring or dull (even better for this shot).

Its a good photo. What others do you have, do you just like to photograph people? Have you been doing this long?

I am no photographer but my g/f is good for an ameteur.....we are just in the market for a Nikon D300 & some other gear.....I was hoping prices would drop a little in the next month or two BUT not much movement yet. Tis her money, not mine....I just try to guide her when it comes to spending. :o

yes I agree for the more background solution that unfortunately I had to crop for uninteresting (because of the wall) and a couple of tourists faces pop on the edges,

so I prefer to crop a little tighter like this.

No I don't photograph only people, but other subjects as well, especially when travelling, I have the chance to shoot different compositions and elements.

I started to do photography in (around) 2002, but I work with imagery and arts from longer time.

Here some other subjects from the same trip I did 1 month ago.

post-70741-1233813906_thumb.jpg

post-70741-1233813983_thumb.jpg

post-70741-1233814102_thumb.jpg

post-70741-1233814154_thumb.jpg

thank you positive comment.

I think if you are not strong with visual arts it may take a little bit more exercise but not impossible to achieve good results.

Is suggest you to study basic rules of composition and of course techniques of photography, after you master that, try to break a bit those rules in creative way.

Also try to ask yourself just before click, what you want to say with that picture. It is like a language, but instead of words you use elements in the picture.

sorry, my english is not so good :D

And yes, sorry to inform you, that we are also not in the English Class of this forum, but "Photography and the Arts" so nothing to be sorry about I say. :o

Welcome on board :D by the way (btw)

Re: your work, no comment on this post of yours, as my field of Photography is mostly in Landscape.

Please, in this section of the forum, one or two photos only, so that members may or could "Evaluate" your work. Thanking you.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D