Tot Internet Down Since Feb 3rd

vagabond48

My TOT ADSL was down most of the weekend and came back up late Monday, though it has been slow. From postings in the forum I gather that TOT is the worst of Chiang Mai ISP's in terms of speed and reliability. I'm scheduled to get True cable internet installed on Friday. If you have a choice of providers I suggest looking for another.

My TOT ADSL was down most of the weekend and came back up late Monday, though it has been slow. From postings in the forum I gather that TOT is the worst of Chiang Mai ISP's in terms of speed and reliability. I'm scheduled to get True cable internet installed on Friday. If you have a choice of providers I suggest looking for another.

I have both TOT GOLD and TT&T Maxnet Premeir. Maxnet far worse IMO.

I have both TOT GOLD and TT&T Maxnet Premeir. Maxnet far worse IMO.

I guess it most depend on various factors, one being how close you are to the nearest hub (?)

My neighbor downstairs because he was dissatisfied with the TOT the building provided, got Maxnet in September. He usually gets most of the 2m he is paying for and he has never been down so far. The TOT besides crawling 80% of the time including in the early mornings between 2AM to 4AM has been down total of 5 to 8 times for 3 to 6 hours over the last 4 months .

Edit:

I forgot to mention, that this is now day 3 of being completely down. Just unbelievable.

Edited by vagabond48

Try unplugging the power supply to your modem and plugging it back in. Sometimes physically resetting the modem works.

I have sometimes done this 2 or 3 times a day. On rare occasions, it helped but not this time.

Regardless, the internet is now back up as of 10 minutes ago and over 3 days later.

• 3 weeks later...

TOT problems again Padead area;

Can not download emails through my server for the last 3 days.

My server (USA) and site are not down and working fine.

Outgoing SMTP fine (this time)

The web, not fast but not to slow.

The connection with my server is timed out again and again because of very slow connecting speed (I guess).

The answer from TOT, number one cut the line after telling me it is not their problem, second one told me he would call back (did not phone back) number 3 start to ask questions about the outgoing SMTP while I told her the problem is incoming, they are not wrong she told.

95 % the problem is with them but they insist 100% of the time it is not.

I have to admit that I have more and more problems not to be rude to these Gu(a)ys who ask the standard questions regardless your problems.

Any one else problems with web traffic to the USA at the moment?

I live in sansai and had TOT for 6 months. Complete joke of a service it was. On and off about 5 times a day.

Switched to KSC - no problems at all. A lot more expensive but you get what you pay for.

I notice that with my non ISP supplied modem (I bought a modem/wifi router) I often have to log into the modem and reestablish the connection to the ISP. If you have admin access try logging into your modem or router and reestablishing the connection. Sometimes turning off a modem can cause it to essentially reset itself, not sure why, and you have to reestablish that connection. I am not a networking guru, but this is often my problem. And I'm on TT&T.

Try unplugging the power supply to your modem and plugging it back in. Sometimes physically resetting the modem works.

Yes anybody know why that is? Never happened in the UK when it goes off occasionally so what's the difference with the system?

Yes anybody know why that is? Never happened in the UK when it goes off occasionally so what's the difference with the system?

Cheap overloaded system!