Selling/part Ex My Vigo

Disting

I have a 4 year old Vigo and am planning on getting a Fortuner in June.

Has anyone out there had experience of the best way to offload the old car?

Toyota will do a trade in which may be the least amount of hassle. Am also going to go to some of the second hand dealers to see what they offer. I will need the money from the Vigo to get the Fortuner so the timing will be an issue.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions of how to get the maximum value?

Thanks

Maximising your return you are best to sell privately. The drawback is that you don't know when you will sell it. For selling fast, shop around at the car tents - go to a few of them. I sold my honda city to a car tent (250K), when the honda dealer would only offer 240K. Another tent offered 245K. They will take it in a day or two and give you the cash. If you need money quickely or by a certian date, just sell it to a car tent. Not great value but it's fast.

A friend of mine just asked the Toyota dealer out of interest, how much would he get for trading in his 2 year old pre-runner with 28,000 km's for a new Fortuna and they offered him 400,000. When he pointed out all the extras he has had fitted, they offered about 480,000.

Not a very good offer in my opinion. Perhaps as I have the same model, age and approx km's and I was thinking of doing the same.

John.....

A friend of mine just asked the Toyota dealer out of interest, how much would he get for trading in his 2 year old pre-runner with 28,000 km's for a new Fortuna and they offered him 400,000. When he pointed out all the extras he has had fitted, they offered about 480,000.

Not a very good offer in my opinion. Perhaps as I have the same model, age and approx km's and I was thinking of doing the same.

John.....

John, Toyota will be good for selling straight away, but the price will be low.

I sold my old 4WD Tiger to Toyota when I bought my Fortuner, I got 270,000 baht, they then passed it onto a second hand dealer for 350,000 who in turn sold it for 400,000....by the way, 400,000 was more than I had paid for it 3 years before !

But I'm impatient and cicumstances were in place that I didn't have time to sell privately and I would have been stuck with 2 motors, and to be honest if I was selling privately to anybody else I would have taken 300,000 for it anyway. So 30,000 less was OK as I don't get any flack if the engine fell out 10 Kms down the road!

Good luck.... :o

Edited by Maigo6

John.....

John, Toyota will be good for selling straight away, but the price will be low.

I sold my old 4WD Tiger to Toyota when I bought my Fortuner, I got 270,000 baht, they then passed it onto a second hand dealer for 350,000 who in turn sold it for 400,000....by the way, 400,000 was more than I had paid for it 3 years before !

But I'm impatient and cicumstances were in place that I didn't have time to sell privately and I would have been stuck with 2 motors, and to be honest if I was selling privately to anybody else I would have taken 300,000 for it anyway. So 30,000 less was OK as I don't get any flack if the engine fell out 10 Kms down the road!

Good luck.... :o

Yes Maigo, my mate sold his old tiger (private), for 400,000 so Toyota offering 400,000 for a newish vigo is a bit measily. You got a good deal on yours only losing 30,000 on what you originally wanted. I'm gonna leave it 6 months or so and maybe see if I can off-load mine to a mate for a deal that would be good for us both.

John.....