New Nokia N97

kerr17

• 4 months later...

I am sure it is out, as per the 2nd quarter of this year.

best to go to a good nokia shop and have a look, I am sure I have seen it though. but

cannot remember where, maybe paragon or central as the Phone Fair

www.siamphone.com

I am sure it is out, as per the 2nd quarter of this year.

best to go to a good nokia shop and have a look, I am sure I have seen it though. but

cannot remember where, maybe paragon or central as the Phone Fair

www.siamphone.com

Thanks mate,

my phone just broke today and was thinking to get that one.

I heard is already out in Europe and I was wondering how much it will cost in here

N97 comes on sale around 23 June.

The price they quoted me was 21.000 baht.

This is at a local phone shop in Phuket.

I just called Nokia in Bangkok and they told me will be out this Saturday (20).

Official price will be 23730 bath.

Funny, though...

I went to the Nokia Shop at Esplanade... She said it will be available on 30th. When I saked for the price she took a calculator and was hacking wildly some figures in. The price that came out was the same as mentioned here before... 23.723 or something??? It was the official Nokia Shop and the price seems to be ok, but did she do there??? Don't they have a price list... :)

I don't think you can bargain at a nokia shop. But they use a differnt price, do some calculations, add something here and there and come up with the selling price. Funny thing is, the price is everywhere the same, so must be the formula... But why don't they tell their staff the selling price directly... Anyway, nothing surprises me anymore... :) AND: it seems to be a good price. Would you buy it in an official shop or save 2000 (nearly 10%) and go to a MBK shop?

I don't think you can bargain at a nokia shop. But they use a differnt price, do some calculations, add something here and there and come up with the selling price. Funny thing is, the price is everywhere the same, so must be the formula... But why don't they tell their staff the selling price directly... Anyway, nothing surprises me anymore... :) AND: it seems to be a good price. Would you buy it in an official shop or save 2000 (nearly 10%) and go to a MBK shop?

This is exactly my doubt.

Price seems ok but i wouldn't mind to save a 10% buying it at MBK.

What would you guys would do and why?

Anyone any experience with a warranty case at at Nokia service centre after buying a Nokia at MBK?

Bought N95 in MBK, and the Nokia Service center on second floor (think it's second floor) did do some work on it without charging. They wouldn't flash my European e71 as it wasn't Thai model.

I think the bigger problem is if you have an issue with the phone you actually buy. Nokia phones are getting more complex, and more prone to manufacture issues I find, so if you buy a lemon you might have a lot of trouble getting it exchanged by the MBK shops (ever asked them for a receipt - have a laugh).

Expansys list Thailand on their site, but it's not resolving right now - http://www.expansys.com/group.aspx - but they can offer some good (and sometimes bad) pricing. Shame there isn't more choice for online buying within Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it for 22,800 (baht) NOKIA Siam paragon ...

HEY can anyone help me update its firmware .. why when i run the update it says no update available ?

i checked this website also.

www. mirror.co.uk/news/technology/2009/07/03/nokia-n97-firmware-update-fixes-loads-of-bugs-115875-21492384/

ANY SUGGESTIONS ??

• 1 month later...
I got it for 22,800 (baht) NOKIA Siam paragon ...

HEY can anyone help me update its firmware .. why when i run the update it says no update available ?

i checked this website also.

www. mirror.co.uk/news/technology/2009/07/03/nokia-n97-firmware-update-fixes-loads-of-bugs-115875-21492384/

ANY SUGGESTIONS ??

1. Use the CD supplied with the phone and install the Nokia PC Suite Program on your PC.

2. Once installed connect your phone to the PC with the supplied USB cable, in PC suite mode (I think?!)

3. Start the PC Suite Program and click on the 'Update Phone Software' icon and follow the instructions from there. Obviously your PC needs to be connected to the internet to download the software updates.