London To Kl By Airasiax

ritfor

Hello,

I know this has been discussed previuosly but I just wondered if anyone had any up to date info or recent experiences of flying from London to KL with Air Asia X in those XL seats?

I see that one way it is £550 including tax etc but is this good value for money?

Is it like business class at all? Is there any entertainment etc? Are the seats comfy and do they recline far enough to get a nights kip?

I know its no frills and the like but just to what extent?

Any opinions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Hello,

I know this has been discussed previuosly but I just wondered if anyone had any up to date info or recent experiences of flying from London to KL with Air Asia X in those XL seats?

I see that one way it is £550 including tax etc but is this good value for money?

Is it like business class at all? Is there any entertainment etc? Are the seats comfy and do they recline far enough to get a nights kip?

I know its no frills and the like but just to what extent?

Any opinions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

The flight does not even operate yet and was mentioned that it does not even start till May. So the previous posts in the other topic are all still valid. Come back again in March and enquire once they start operating the flight.

• 2 months later...

I did it a couple of weeks back, no better or no worse than many of the "cattle class" carriers. My biggest complaint is Stansted airport, it really is crap.

You do have to pay for everything except the hong nam, they also would like to enforce a no outside food bought on the plane.

I did it a couple of weeks back, no better or no worse than many of the "cattle class" carriers. My biggest complaint is Stansted airport, it really is crap.

You do have to pay for everything except the hong nam, they also would like to enforce a no outside food bought on the plane.

but how could they enforce this ? Do they search your bags or have someone watching

what you eat? :o

Edited by midas

but how could they enforce this ? Do they search your bags or have someone watching

what you eat? :o

Basically the fatest flight attendant is tasked with smelling people with things that are better than what they offer on board = anything basically.

My suggestion is to keep your Whopper with Cheese sealed in a plastic bag and when you get the craving to dine like a king, head to the washroom.

By the time the old gal has figured out you have been eating in the toilet - it will be too late - and on the off chance you get caught trying to take one last bite - just flush it quickly.

Flew both ways a couple of weeks ago - fantastic flight to KL - 4 seats to myself, 3 beers, 1 xanax and 12 hours blissful sleep. Result.

Way back was packed, so little/no sleep. There was also no IFE, so it was a drag. But was cares for 99 quid each way? Seat sizes are good, they were on time, I've no probs with stansted, or having to buy your own food and drink. The only negative was loads of idiots moaning about the food/lack of IFE - it's 99 quid <deleted>!

I looked at this but the schedule is a nightmare. Also, when you get a good (relative) price for the XL, it means the economy is so cheap that you are left with the same quandary. Save even more going cattle.

If I remember right it is something like.

Flight to KL

Overnight in hotel

To and from taxis

By entertainment, food (probably inedible crap), water, blanket etc.

I reckon you culd get through another 10k over flying from Bangkok and that is each way !

I looked at this but the schedule is a nightmare. Also, when you get a good (relative) price for the XL, it means the economy is so cheap that you are left with the same quandary. Save even more going cattle.

If I remember right it is something like.

Flight to KL

Overnight in hotel

To and from taxis

By entertainment, food (probably inedible crap), water, blanket etc.

I reckon you culd get through another 10k over flying from Bangkok and that is each way !

I thought the same as you, when you can get the relatively cheap XL seats then the economy seats are usually rock bottom too so went for a coupple of those.

Booking for November we managed to get a couple of return tickets Bngkok to Stanstead by way of KL for 19k bht each. That is for everything including an overnight hotel on the return.

Worth trying if only once at that price.