Cosmetics-skin care

cathyy

I am coming to LOS for a 2-week visit in December.  I remember from my 4 years in the Philippines that I can and will sunburn in 15 minutes flat without sunblock on a bright day.  Are really bright days common in December? I cannot remember the seasonality from the PI, as it was pretty much all the same to me, i.e. summer all the time. I will be bringing at least an SPF 45, so I should be good for a couple of hours at a time if it is really bright out.

My husband and I may retire to Khorat.  What is the availability of Clinique brand skin care and cosmetics at that huge new mall there? Having to send to the US by snail mail for my skin care was a hassle in the PI.  But hey, I've used the stuff for half my life now (25 years!) and look far younger even with the excess of sun exposure I have been unable to avoid. Why did the Air Force have to station me in Florida, California, and the PI with my very fair sensitive skin?

As for the weather in December, it's still the same sun I believe so sunscreen should always be of good use and protection no matter what season.  SPF 45 will do just fine.  Although try to stay in during the peak hours, 10am - 1pm where the sun rays are the most harmful.

And no need to worry, Clinque is widely available here.  But sometimes there are cases where they don't bring some products but as for suncreen it should be availabe there.  And if you really did have to go anywhere far, then the nearest bet is Bangkok.