A Little Help Please.

Wee Jimmy

I have the basic Maxnet ADSL Package of 100.0 Mbps Can some one enlighten me as to what download speed I should have.

At the moment I get an average of 330-360 kbps download speed. When I complain to Maxnet the speed goes way up to 1600 kbps for a couple of hours then back to what I started with 330-360 and some times less. I'm in a village 15 klms outside of the town. My friend has the same package and lives in town, he gets 1750 kbps constantly.

What do you computer guys reckon?

Wee Jimmy.

Seems to be we have to move upcountry: 100 Mbps!! WOW!! (kidding)

!00 Mbps is the speed of your NIC inside your computer!! Maybe you'll have a 2 Mbps package from Maxnet.

I don't know the speed u7p country but as far as 15 km from city, that means you even quite far from the next exchange and that's slows down the speed.

What yo can do is to check all physical connection of the cable, special outside your house. Make sure that those connection are really good and tighten if possible. Maybe you can solder the cable at the points where they fixed together by screw's or whatsoever. That can helps a bit. Otherwise you relay on Maxnet Techies.

Cheers.

!00 Mbps is the speed of your NIC inside your computer!! Maybe you'll have a 2 Mbps package from Maxnet.

I don't know the speed u7p country but as far as 15 km from city, that means you even quite far from the next exchange and that's slows down the speed.

What yo can do is to check all physical connection of the cable, special outside your house. Make sure that those connection are really good and tighten if possible. Maybe you can solder the cable at the points where they fixed together by screw's or whatsoever. That can helps a bit. Otherwise you relay on Maxnet Techies.

Cheers.

Have had the Maxnet Techies out about 6 times. They changed the ADSL router checked all the lines and the signal strength was away up to 2000 kbps but now is away down again. As I don't know a lot about this subject do you think I'm out of order complaining?

Wee Jimmy.

Cheers.

Have had the Maxnet Techies out about 6 times. They changed the ADSL router checked all the lines and the signal strength was away up to 2000 kbps but now is away down again. As I don't know a lot about this subject do you think I'm out of order complaining?

Just done a speed test.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 319 kbps (39.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 415 kbps (51.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Wee Jimmy.