Nana Soi8 Pub And Restaruant

tampasailor

NANA SOI8 PUB and RESTARUANT

I had heard of this place and decided to check it out. I pick coffee shops etc to use as my office during the day. My GF always works near the BTS so I come into town with her and do my work on laptop wifi. The wifi connection was good at the PUB and I connected right away when I was given the login information. The senior gal there is Jaing and she could lighten up a bit. Maybe she is on a power trip nid noi? Service was really good. Food could have been warmer. Hey try warming the plates up, its a good gimick and all will love it.. a plate warming oven a sign of a classy place.

At home I warm plates in the microwave. They need a half oz of water on them which can be whiped off after they are heated.

AC outlets can be found at most tables so the management wants folks to come in and go on line. Several others were doing the same thing.

Good crowd at lunch. A lot of business discussions going on. Almost all foreign patrons with Thai guests. Prices are very reasonable.

Big Happy Hour Crowd! Looks like the local after work hangout. The owner or manager a farang man was doing the rounds to see if everyone was happy and greeting newbees. A nice friendly friendly touch that I appreciate! He wants our business!!

I will be back!! :o

DSC_3436c.jpg

DSC_3434c.jpg

DSC_3437cs.jpg

DSC_3439c.jpg

DSC_3440c.jpg

GF met me for a great dinner and we both enjoyed. She wants to come back too! :D

Edited by tampasailor

I've been to this pub but I dont' think its called Nana Soi 8, as Nana is a different soi than soi 8, isn't it?

Didn't manage to eat any food there as the night we went was BBQ night and we didn't snag a table in time. It was, however, quite busy and seemed very popular.

Soi 8 Pub is also great for watching live telecasts of Rugby, Cricket & Golf etc. They take a satellite feed from the South African sports TV channels, rather than relying on True Visions only.

Another positive, is if you order a bottle of spirits or wine and don't finish during an evening's drinking session, you can leave it behind the bar with you name on it, and finish it off during your next visit.

The chef is a farang so the meal sizes are above average, eg, if you order the tenderloin steak, rather than serving 1 medallion you will receive 2 decent sized tenderloin cuts.

I've been to this pub but I dont' think its called Nana Soi 8, as Nana is a different soi than soi 8, isn't it?

SOI8 PUB and RESTARUANT in the district of Nana. BTS stop NANA

The famous Nanatown!

Soi 8 or street number 8 in Nana.

My misunderstanding then, I was under the impression, from your title, that you were saying the name of the pub was Nana Soi 8.

Am a regular there. Always good service and food. Busy at lunch also because directly opposite an infamous "gentlemans light lunch break relief" establishment.

It is on sukhumvit soi 8 not Nana soi 8, which is misleading as one would assume you mean Soi Nana Yaek 8, which actually exists but does not have this fine establishment. Nobody says the area name plus the soi, you say the street name plus the soi. Rama 9 soi 10 is not Huay Kwang soi 10. Mail would not get to Huay Kwang soi 10.

Edited by OxfordWill

We went for the all you can eat bbq night, but all the tables were full so ended up next door at the Indian restaurant, which was also tasty. didn't notice anything untoward about the place across the street tho Will :o:D

It is called the Soi 8 Pub, just a block inside Sukhumvit Soi 8 and likewise a block from the Nana BTS station up at the corner.

Very popular for their free Friday night BBQ, also for football and such matches, and I believe draws more of an Australian crowd and the like... Has a large outdoor patio on the front Soi 8 street side, but the owner still permits smoking inside the pub. There was a TV meet-up there a few months back.

It's also located a short distance away from Lolita's, which is on a side soi opposite.

I live nearby, but always avoid the place. I don't care for their smoking policy, and I don't prefer beetroot on my hamburgers.... :o But to each his own....

I pop in there once a week after work for a beer or 5 and sit outside which is nice in the evening. However, I can't say the same about lunch time (outside).

I have never seen so many flies in my life (outside) - funny but there don't seem to be any around in the evening.

We went for the all you can eat bbq night, but all the tables were full so ended up next door at the Indian restaurant, which was also tasty. didn't notice anything untoward about the place across the street tho Will :o:D

And nor should a reputable lady such as yourself!

(but if you're curious.. talk up the little soi directly to the right of the seven eleven.. not much they can do for you there though!)

We went for the all you can eat bbq night, but all the tables were full so ended up next door at the Indian restaurant, which was also tasty. didn't notice anything untoward about the place across the street tho Will :D:D

yep perfect afternoon lunch at soi8 and then a bit of pampering at that place across the road,a friend told me :o

• 2 months later...
It is on sukhumvit soi 8 not Nana soi 8, which is misleading as one would assume you mean Soi Nana Yaek 8, which actually exists but does not have this fine establishment. Nobody says the area name plus the soi, you say the street name plus the soi. Rama 9 soi 10 is not Huay Kwang soi 10. Mail would not get to Huay Kwang soi 10.

Thanks for the correction and explanation. icon1.gif

And nor should a reputable lady such as yourself!

(but if you're curious.. talk up the little soi directly to the right of the seven eleven.. not much they can do for you there though!)

How does one "talk up the little soi" as you describe?

Some kind of code for the area?

a few too many many members will recognise these photos oh too well :o

Your right ther miggy !! I'm surprised Toadie hasn't stumbled on this thread yet ??

Im more surprised that guy in the pic is not him

or is it?

:D

• 2 weeks later...

a few too many many members will recognise these photos oh too well :)

Your right ther miggy !! I'm surprised Toadie hasn't stumbled on this thread yet ??

or is it?

DEFINATELY not Mr Toad... The guy is too slim. :D

Good place for a sleep though - don't you think Chavy.. :D

Good food, good drink, good company pity about the flushing toilets though. :D

BT :D

a few too many many members will recognise these photos oh too well :)

or is it?

wrong pub = cross bar = has a chair with his name and warts on it.

wrong pub = cross bar = has a chair with his name and warts on it.

Ah not always so James, also known to frequent Soi 8 as well at least once a week, and will be there later. :D Haven't been able to shake thos warts since you sat on the chairs in The Crossbar. :)

• 8 months later...

I went to the Soi 8 pub tonight and pleasantly surprised; nice place, nice pint of beer, very relaxed...looked at the menu but didn't order anything as I just had a burger back at the hotel...

I was also at Hanrahan's (?) on soi Nana earlier in the afternoon...also nice and relaxed with a front patio like Soi 8, nice pint of San Miguel draft and no hassles...just got to avoid eye contact with the cute bits across the street at the Hilary Bar as dey track you wid dey radar...

I gots to say that the soi Nana area has become more family friendly...can get a beer an' a burger an' just relax...too bad that you can't get a packet of crisps, Walker's salt an' vinegar would be ideal...

I went to the Soi 8 pub tonight and pleasantly surprised; nice place, nice pint of beer, very relaxed...looked at the menu but didn't order anything as I just had a burger back at the hotel...

I was also at Hanrahan's (?) on soi Nana earlier in the afternoon...also nice and relaxed with a front patio like Soi 8, nice pint of San Miguel draft and no hassles...just got to avoid eye contact with the cute bits across the street at the Hilary Bar as dey track you wid dey radar...

I gots to say that the soi Nana area has become more family friendly...can get a beer an' a burger an' just relax...too bad that you can't get a packet of crisps, Walker's salt an' vinegar would be ideal...

Just head over to Soi 2 and downstairs to Villa in Ploenchit Centre. :)