Nana Soi8 Pub And Restaruant

tampasailor

Good pub, great bands, good place to watch sports. 2 gripes:

1. The food is crap and the menu poor. There have been occasions when a big group of us have gone elsewhere to watch a rugby game because the food isn't up to it.

2. Nine times out of ten there are no tables. I see in the pics they have removed the other bar? that might make it a little better but I have a feeling that it will make it even more of a squeeze to see some of the TV screens because there used to be about 4 flatscreens there that often I ended up watching because there was no space to see any other screens. Also the bar was a good room separator when there was a rugby league game on at the same time as a rugby game so you could have 2 crowds going at the same time.

Anyway, havent been there for about 3 months because of the space issue. Too many times we took a taxi there for a rugby game and ended up doing a mad run somewhere else because there were no tables or even places to stand...those booths down the end are a huge waste of space.

Good pub, great bands, good place to watch sports. 2 gripes:

1. The food is crap and the menu poor. There have been occasions when a big group of us have gone elsewhere to watch a rugby game because the food isn't up to it.

2. Nine times out of ten there are no tables. I see in the pics they have removed the other bar? that might make it a little better but I have a feeling that it will make it even more of a squeeze to see some of the TV screens because there used to be about 4 flatscreens there that often I ended up watching because there was no space to see any other screens. Also the bar was a good room separator when there was a rugby league game on at the same time as a rugby game so you could have 2 crowds going at the same time.

Anyway, havent been there for about 3 months because of the space issue. Too many times we took a taxi there for a rugby game and ended up doing a mad run somewhere else because there were no tables or even places to stand...those booths down the end are a huge waste of space.

Some food is ok. I like the rigatoni with black olives and the club sandwich.

As for no tables because it's too busy, if it were me I would get there earlier. It's not like they are gonna build a second level just for rugby matches. :)

My local and one of the best bars in Bangkok.

I own a bar that is direct competition to them but when i'm not in mine this and Det 5 a little further down the soi are where I drink (and most of my staff).

Two gripes for me:-

- Beer line's need cleaning much more often, beer often smells eggy.

- Toilets are really small and only have one cubicle, if you need number two there's nowhere to wait without looking very gay...

Overall though great bar on a great soi.

yeah...I noted the small toilet at the Soi 8 pub, might be a problem when the place is busy...

at Hanrahan's on soi Nana they got a stainless steel trough about 3 meters long, now that's a toilet, never seen nothin' like it in Thailand...

- Toilets are really small and only have one cubicle,

yeah...I noted the small toilet at the Soi 8 pub, might be a problem when the place is busy...

ahhhh finally

a place that has had a woman as the architect :)

Ive always believed that in most places they have men as architects. why? its a known fact that women take longer in the ladies room, everywhere you go theres a queue at the ladies.

so why not put in double the number of ladies rooms to men?

thats cos the ones who built them are men :D

this place has only one men's prolly cos the lady architect used the space to put in more women's :D well done haha

I Looooooooove the Soi 8 Bar. My GF, Dad and Friends love it, too. We now becoming regulars as the Soi 4 is going down!

Happy to go there bag soon. Yeaaaaa!!!!! Great Place!!!!!

its a kiwi bar, owned by the governer(6ft 2) and his wife, she could lighten up a bit. always got her eye on things. pleasant atmosphere, foods good and the beers cheap and a great place to go and watch the rugby.

I Looooooooove the Soi 8 Bar. My GF, Dad and Friends love it, too. We now becoming regulars as the Soi 4 is going down!

its a kiwi bar, owned by the governer(6ft 2) and his wife, she could lighten up a bit. always got her eye on things. pleasant atmosphere, foods good and the beers cheap and a great place to go and watch the rugby.

perhaps one of the reasons it is successful is the fact that she has her eye on things? :)

• 1 month later...

perhaps one of the reasons it is successful is the fact that she has her eye on things? :)

Soi 8 Pub has just been sold to Coyotes!!

Edited by johnRS

It'll go to the dogs

It'll go to the dogs

won't be returning to this place due to their smoking policy (and i'm a smoker)

If you want to smoke then sit outside, have tables. Why spoil everyones else meal with that stinking death mist. Your problem not outs.

Great Bar. I use it when on Sukhamvit, just changed ownership. Great for the Rugby.

I heard it was locked up over the weekend. Anybody know what's going on (besides it being bought by Eclipse)?

This is untrue. I was there for a few hours late Saturday afternoon / early evening. Open as usual minus Dave & Ant.

won't be returning to this place due to their smoking policy (and i'm a smoker)

If you want to smoke then sit outside, have tables. Why spoil everyones else meal with that stinking death mist. Your problem not outs.

Great Bar. I use it when on Sukhamvit, just changed ownership. Great for the Rugby.

I think he's saying he doesn't want to go there because they allow smoking inside. He's not saying he wants to smoke inside and he can't. He's pointing out that even being a smoker, there is too much smoke inside.