Bt340m To Turn Pattaya To World-class Destination

george

Bt340m to turn Pattaya into world-class destination

CHONBURI: -- Local authorities in Thailand's eastern tourist resort of Pattaya are preparing a budget of Bt340 million to turn the seaside town into a world-class tourism destination, Pattaya Mayor Niran Wattanasatsatorn announced yesterday.

Mr. Niran said that the municipality would inject funding into boosting the town's competitiveness in the organization of regional meetings and exhibitions.

Of the Bt340 million, Bt10 million will be spent on upgrading Pattaya's tourism image through a municipal beautification scheme, while Bt50 will be spent on developing the nearby island of Koh Lan as a major tourist attraction.

A further Bt72 million will go towards the development of marine rescue operations and the installation of security cameras on the town's beaches.

Funding of Bt16 million will go on the construction of a public library, sports stadium and youth centre, while Bt20 will be spent on refuse lorries, tree shredders, school recycling centres and equipment to measure air quality.

--TNA 2005-01-04

while Bt50 will be spent on developing the nearby island of Koh Lan as a major tourist attraction.

Are you sure that will be enough ?

What exactly can you get done for fifty baht ?

A further Bt72 million will go towards the development of marine rescue operations and the installation of security cameras on the town's beaches.

Does that mean they might hire expert foreginers to do the task? I have all the certs. and qualif.; was on a Costal Water rescue squad on the USA North Carolina coastlines for 3 years. I would love to have that as my profession in Thailand.

Funding of Bt16 million will go on the construction of a public library, sports stadium and youth centre, while Bt20 will be spent on refuse lorries, tree shredders, school recycling centres and equipment to measure air quality.

--TNA 2005-01-04

It all depends on what you consider a "world class destination".

The library, sports stadium, youth centre and school facilties are for the inhabitants of a town,

and have little to do with tourism!!

More posing before the election??

Fixing the infrastructure would be welcome- sidewalks, roads, and utility poles.

Build a big cage for the hookers on the outskirts and lock them in so decent tourists can go and visit.

Come on now, your a regular, admit it :o

Regular what???????????????????

Seriously I hope the money is well spent therefore the projects are planned with consultation.

Edited by shandiman

Fixing the infrastructure would be welcome- sidewalks, roads, and utility poles.

Build a big cage for the hookers on the outskirts and lock them in so decent tourists can go and visit.

Maybe we should stick shandiman in a cage too while we are at it! :D:o

How about a shark cage? :D edit:(emoticon)

Edited by aughie

How can anyone turn Pattaya into a 'world-class' resort?

It does not have the beaches for it, which is a gift from god. One can put down 300,000 tonnes of sand and it can be washed away by the sea in one night - I know, it has happened to me.

The flight time to any major centres that lack their own equivalent resorts is too long to expect major numbers of big spenders.

The season for enjoying the locality is rather short - four good months, a couple of less good months and six months of stifling, rainy weather.

Oz has many better beach areas than Thailand, as do Indonesia and Malaysia.

Really, leave the place alone - it ain't broken - don't fix it!