Reflections On Angeles City

MeetJohnDoe

I spent a week and a half in Angeles City last February (as a female, visiting my sexpat friend), and though the novelty of being dragged around to the bars and korean restaurants was fun for a couple of days, in the end I have to say that most of the people there are totally pathetic- lonely alcoholics and their young desperate female counterparts, and the city is a dump! I even got robbed twice in a day! It is a huge brothel, and nothing else- worse than Pattaya! If you seriously think you can dredge up much real culture or inspiration there, go for it. But come on... sex for sale exists all over the world, why waste your life in this place? It's a fun place to visit, I will give you that, but moving there, making a life there? Get real! ... My two cents.

I'll agree that a few nights there partying it up and it feels like it's been a week. I get the same thing when I go to Vegas. There is good food there for sure. That guy who has the Country Kitchen with Cajun style food.........great. Too much food but great.

Some better Mexican Food than I get in Thailand, Zapatas.

How about up the coast to La Union? Best way to get there from AC? Accommodations info anybody?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to visit the Philippines, go to Davao City and surroundings, beaches, its a good and safe place.

If you want to visit the Philippines, I would have said go to Cebu city and province, davao not so safe because of muslim uprising in mindanao. Cebu is more compact city than davao, which sprawls for dozens of miles.

Thanks for that great report. Angeles like a fine candidate for a Songkran getaway destination.

'Preciate especially your including the cigar info. For a cigar smoker, that can represent a not-inconsequential return of the airfare.

Jens Peters wasn't sacked. He refused to sell LP the copyright to the book, which he originally published in German, so LP produced a new one from scratch. His original, with occasional updates, is still available online at his website http://www.jenspeters.com/internet_eng/shopping/index.html

not entirely correct.

the latest PRINTED edition has just been published less than 3 months ago in Jens Peters' mother tongue. it will for sure be available in english very soon too. usually, a new book of Jens Peters comes out every 3-4 years. has double the number of pages than the pathetic LP and contains the most detailed informations one could wish. this book is second to none

Thanks for the update.

In the mid 1990's before the politically correct fascists :D came onto the scene, the best guide to the Philippines was Lonely Planet, written by Jens Peters. He included a helpful chapter concerning Angeles which was about 12-14 pages long. Then he was sacked.

I actually hate these people. :o

Me too!

There is good food there for sure. That guy who has the Country Kitchen with Cajun style food.........great. Too much food but great.
And C Italian, and Bretto's, and Gerry's Grill, and the Red Sea, and at least a dozen good Korean places, just for a start. AC is a cesspit but but anyone repeating the old "crap food" line clearly hasn't gone looking for the good stuff.

The one thing that AC doesn't have, that Pattaya does...SONGKRAN. I'm headed there to get away from the idiots here in Thailand, both local and farang.

Me too, see you there.

....thinking the same....escape from Phuket for 4-5 days during bthis time.

Gerd

The one thing that AC doesn't have, that Pattaya does...SONGKRAN. I'm headed there to get away from the idiots here in Thailand, both local and farang.

Me too, see you there.

Gerd

Hm... I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be a mass exodus from Pattaya and by other Thailand based farangs to AC that week.

Think I'll go somewhere else, and go back to AC when all the locals have had time to recover from the Songkran onslaught :o

All those planning a trip to AC for Songkran will surely have a good time :D

For me, I have never had a problem with Songkran...what's not to like about being in a city that's basically having the world's largest wet t-shirt contest :o Seeing all the pretty ladies in wet shirts definitely gets a rise out of me...of course, I observe the madness from the safety of my locked car!

If you want to visit the Philippines, go to Davao City and surroundings, beaches, its a good and safe place.

If you want to visit the Philippines, I would have said go to Cebu city and province, davao not so safe because of muslim uprising in mindanao. Cebu is more compact city than davao, which sprawls for dozens of miles.

I agree Cebu is better:people,excursions & joie de vivre

Me too, see you there.

Gerd

Hm... I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be a mass exodus from Pattaya and by other Thailand based farangs to AC that week.

Think I'll go somewhere else, and go back to AC when all the locals have had time to recover from the Songkran onslaught :o

Oh yeah, much better having the military guys and the middle easterners in town for you locals huh?

Had one bar girl tell me the military guys take them back to the barracks and they end up getting passed around............classy.

Saw this Arab last time I was there in one of the bars throwing handfulls of 100 peso notes in the air and all the girls were grovelling on the ground to scavenge them up........pathetic.

Yeah, you AC locals should have time to recover from us and go back to those types of yahoos. "AC local", you're proud of that are you?

Oh yeah, much better having the military guys and the middle easterners in town for you locals huh?

Had one bar girl tell me the military guys take them back to the barracks and they end up getting passed around............classy.

Saw this Arab last time I was there in one of the bars throwing handfulls of 100 peso notes in the air and all the girls were grovelling on the ground to scavenge them up........pathetic.

Yeah, you AC locals should have time to recover from us and go back to those types of yahoos. "AC local", you're proud of that are you?

Sorry You've completely lost me.

What is an "AC local"? and what is a yahoo?

And who are you having a go at? The soldiers? the Arabs? The AC Locals (whoever they may be)? the Yahoos (whoever they may be)? or me???

What kind of language do you converse in and I'll buy a dictionary. :o

For example, this guy claimed there was only one bar that was open 24/7, which is just rubbish, as we found quite a few, and were in many of them as dawn rose to prove it.

You need to get your facts straight. There is only one 24 hour bar in Angeles City and that's the Dollhouse. All the rest close at either 3 am or 5 am. Perhaps you were too drunk to notice.

For example, this guy claimed there was only one bar that was open 24/7, which is just rubbish, as we found quite a few, and were in many of them as dawn rose to prove it.

You need to get your facts straight. There is only one 24 hour bar in Angeles City and that's the Dollhouse. All the rest close at either 3 am or 5 am. Perhaps you were too drunk to notice.

Still chasing me around the forum I see in some sort of pathetic attempt to get one over on me.

When were you last there?

I don 't have to get my facts straight coz I was there and I was in them at all hours of the day and night. The Voodoo is one, and there's several others but I can't recall the names. Next time I go I will take pics at 6.a.m. - 8. am and post them.

Get over this nonsense and get a life.

BTW have you EVER posted anything positive, or do you always just post to disagree and contradict?

Edited by Mobi