Where To Find Someone For Take Care A New Born Baby

JohanBKK

We had my wife mother here for the 1st month, was a great help. If nobody in your wife family is available, ask the neighbors they will most likely know someone. If you don't really trust the person you can have the helper take care of the cleaning, cooking, etc. while your wife is taking care of the baby.

I agree, the mother is the main person who should take care of such a young baby. It will want to breastfeed constantly, pretty much every 1 - 2 hours, also at night, so yes she will be tired and need a lot of help with everything else.

Your wife needs help to get the house cleaned, washing done, she needs food and drinks brought to her, and the best thing you can do yourself is hold the baby when it is not breastfeeding, so give her a break (tired arms, backache), also you can bathe the baby and change it's dipers if you feel confident to do these things, it would also help her to get some rest.

Tell her to try and sleep/rest whenever the baby sleeps, because when it is awake, it wants to be breastfed.

If you have free time and are not working, doing the household stuff and getting her food will be a great help, or get a maid to do these things and help take care of the baby.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to write it, even though I may be critisised.

Why have a child if you can't look after it ? I have a 14 month old daughter, a drain in herself, plus my wife is expecting twins in April, but we aint looking for assistance/help/sympathy. We knew what we were getting into and planned for the outcome. You make your bed .............., springs to mind. Why get someone to give you advice ? If you aren't mature enough to cope, then I don't think you're mature enough to have children. Good luck.

Edited by coventry

Why have a child if you can't look after it ? I have a 14 month old daughter, a drain in herself, plus my wife is expecting twins in April, but we aint looking for assistance/help/sympathy. We knew what we were getting into and planned for the outcome. You make your bed .............., springs to mind. Why get someone to give you advice ? If you aren't mature enough to cope, then I don't think you're mature enough to have children. Good luck.

Don't take it on OP if you can not afford to get help yourself.

He simply asked if anyone knows where to get temp nanny or maid services. Nothing immature on that !

He simply asked if anyone knows where to get temp nanny or maid services. Nothing immature on that !

What he actually said is "wife's too tired". Exactly the same as any woman would feel after birth and 40 weeks of being pregnant. "Don't take it on OP if you can not afford to get help yourself", isn't helpful in that if he can't afford to care for the child. He's had 9+ months to prepare for the present situation so why now ? Immaturity ? No forward planning. End of story. Edited by coventry

What he actually said is "wife's too tired". Exactly the same as any woman would feel after birth and 40 weeks of being pregnant. "Don't take it on OP if you can not afford to get help yourself", isn't helpful in that if he can't afford to care for the child. He's had 9+ months to prepare for the present situation so why now ? Immaturity ? End of story.

Nope, what he said was "My wife looks so tired". And i wrote "Don't take it on OP if you can not afford to get help yourself"

Back to the topic. Sure you can plan as much you like but nothing wrong on adjusting the plans as you go and as needed. What about in case of postnatal depression or even puerperal psychosis? Allowed to seek help even if the plan says do it yourself ?

I understand you are proud father and man with a plan. And nothing wrong with that but it doesn't mean that anyone else not sticking to your plan is not capable of taking care of babies thus should not be allowed to have one.

Mine is due April as well, have already arranged maid to help with cleaning to allow my wife and myself to spend more quality time with the baby. I guess i'm not mature enough to have children either ?

But good luck with the twins, hope they grow up bit more tolerant. End of story.

What he actually said is "wife's too tired". Exactly the same as any woman would feel after birth and 40 weeks of being pregnant. "Don't take it on OP if you can not afford to get help yourself", isn't helpful in that if he can't afford to care for the child. He's had 9+ months to prepare for the present situation so why now ? Immaturity ? End of story.

Nope, what he said was "My wife looks so tired". And i wrote "Don't take it on OP if you can not afford to get help yourself"

Back to the topic. Sure you can plan as much you like but nothing wrong on adjusting the plans as you go and as needed. What about in case of postnatal depression or even puerperal psychosis? Allowed to seek help even if the plan says do it yourself ?

I understand you are proud father and man with a plan. And nothing wrong with that but it doesn't mean that anyone else not sticking to your plan is not capable of taking care of babies thus should not be allowed to have one.

Mine is due April as well, have already arranged maid to help with cleaning to allow my wife and myself to spend more quality time with the baby. I guess i'm not mature enough to have children either ?

But good luck with the twins, hope they grow up bit more tolerant. End of story.

Thanks Mjo, I hope I do become more tollerent and I hope the OP plans better for the unexpected ? Good luck in the future and I hope all goes well with the OP's baby. Thanks Edited by coventry

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Pretty much any daycare will require the child to be at least 6 weeks old. I believe that is the law. You may need to look for a nanny or sitter that can come to your home for the first few weeks if you don't have family that can help you out.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Home Care Miami

" The power of thought is the only thing over which you have complete, unchallenged, and unchallengeable control."

Its quite natural to feel tired after having a baby - and its quite natural for 'things' to be different! Don't worry, as the baby gets older, life won't be so tiring! Mums are meant to look after their babies, and if she has you who seems to be sensitive and caring, that's half the battle anyway. Maybe a maid to do cleaning, but a nanny? A baby only needs one mother! I teach an 8 year old who was quite distressed when we were doing a unit on family and she discovered her nanny was not real family, as she just didn't ever have to think otherwise!

Generally babies sleep at least that much for the first few month but maybe the op meant help with the baby in terms of doing the laundry, washing bottles, keeping an eye on baby whilst mum had a nap or running errands, cooking & general support.

New mums need all the help they can get & if husband is out at work all day it can be very isolating & stressful being left alone with a baby, contrary to some ideas, women don't automatically know what to do with a baby, it's a very steep learning curve. if we could have afforded it I would have loved having a nanny or helper around the house for the first months of my sons life. It was tiring, stressful & even with a very willing & helpful husband, he knew even less about babies than I did, so another women around to help out with household stuff would have been great :o