Can I Claim Vat?

dudeyone

Cool, I read it. The things I purchased are going to be used in Thailand. Can I just claim it anyway? How would they possibly find out?

You did not read it properly. You have to be leaving the country with the goods to get a refund.

Cool, I read it. The things I purchased are going to be used in Thailand. Can I just claim it anyway? How would they possibly find out?

You did not read it properly. You have to be leaving the country with the goods to get a refund.

As it is an export.....on the import (theoretically) import tax should be paid....

If used in Thailand no VAT refund.

There is no law telling "long-noses shall not pay vat".

Hi, saw some signs about VAT claiming. Can I claim it? Any conditions? I'm on a tourist visa.

:o If you are talking about VAT you paid on goods purchased in Thailand when you leave...yes there is a process. As I recall (but I've never actually done it) there is a desk at the airport. You will need reciepts for the purchases. You can be refunded for the amount of VAT you paid for the items. I think there is a purchase limit however.

Most of the department stores can let you know the procedure. You can also get discounts in many of the big department stores if you have your passport and are a valid tourist, but not on all items, especially on those on sale. But that's another topic, I guess.