Processing Times

Just reading this PDF from the UK Visa site with the processing times

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/doc...gtimescustomers

Are the times for Thailand settlement to UK actually true?

Seems a bit quicker than i have been led to believe.

92% Settlement visa's within 15 days?

16% within 5 days?

I think they are actually quite accurate, I know recently people (including myself) have been complaining its taking too long but from what I hear is that they are very busy over the festive period. I emailed about mine which I submitted 30th December. They got back to me a couple of days ago telling me that since it wasn't due to begin until March 1st they would process it after they got rid of the backlog, something I found quite unfair to be honest!

I've heard of people getting them back within 5 days and I don't suppose they'd need to lie!

Just depending what time of year, how busy the embassy is etc

I noticed they said 100% within 30 days, well, they now have five working days or next year it may have to be 99.9 !!

- Shug

Yes, a processing time of 15 working days or less is certainly possible, provided an interview is not required.

If they do want to interview then as these are allocated on a first come, first served basis there can be a long wait; possibley as long as 3 months.

They only interview the applicant if the paper evidence leave's an area of doubt in the ECOs mind; so make sure you prepare a thourough application and try to answer any possible questions the ECO may have in your sponsor's letter.

Just reading this PDF from the UK Visa site with the processing times

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/doc...gtimescustomers

Are the times for Thailand settlement to UK actually true?

Seems a bit quicker than i have been led to believe.

92% Settlement visa's within 15 days?

16% within 5 days?

I think they are actually quite accurate, I know recently people (including myself) have been complaining its taking too long but from what I hear is that they are very busy over the festive period. I emailed about mine which I submitted 30th December. They got back to me a couple of days ago telling me that since it wasn't due to begin until March 1st they would process it after they got rid of the backlog, something I found quite unfair to be honest!

I've heard of people getting them back within 5 days and I don't suppose they'd need to lie!

Just depending what time of year, how busy the embassy is etc

I noticed they said 100% within 30 days, well, they now have five working days or next year it may have to be 99.9 !!

- Shug

Yes, a processing time of 15 working days or less is certainly possible, provided an interview is not required.

If they do want to interview then as these are allocated on a first come, first served basis there can be a long wait; possibley as long as 3 months.

They only interview the applicant if the paper evidence leave's an area of doubt in the ECOs mind; so make sure you prepare a thourough application and try to answer any possible questions the ECO may have in your sponsor's letter.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I don't suppose anyone knows of the period immediately prior to Songkran is busy or not?