Leaving & Re-entering During 90 Day Period

My wife and I arrived in Khao Lak on 20th January and are scheduled to leave for Kuala Lumpur on 15th April 2009 on a 90 day single entry type"o" visa. We may have to return to the UK at short notice to attend a funeral but would then intend to return to Khao Lak. Would we need to obtain another visa in UK before we do or are there any alternatives in Thailand before we leave, if we have time? I cannot be certain about dates of departure and return as the situation at home is very uncertain.

You can get a re-entry permit at immigration (1000 baht) that would allow you to leave and return until your current permit to stay ends. You will need 1 photo and a TM8 form.

You can download it in PDF or DOC format here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download

Don't worry about putting exact dates for departure and return (before permit to stay ends). Once stamp is in passport it does not matter.

ubonjoe am i correct in reading that if you want to exit and re-enter thailand during a 90 day period you have to obtain a re-entry stamp.

For example,i have a non immigration 0 visa(multi entry).my first 90 days comes due on march 21st.If i wanted or needed to leave thailand during this period would i need the re-entry stamp.

IF i dont need the re-entry stamp,am thinking my next 90 day period would begin from the date of re-entering thailand, which going to shorten my 15 month max on this visa.unfortunately durnig this year i am going to have to exit thailand during these 90 day periods which looks like it will indeed cause my 15 month max to be shortened.I hope i make myself clear.

ubonjoe am i correct in reading that if you want to exit and re-enter thailand during a 90 day period you have to obtain a re-entry stamp.

For example,i have a non immigration 0 visa(multi entry).my first 90 days comes due on march 21st.If i wanted or needed to leave thailand during this period would i need the re-entry stamp.

IF i dont need the re-entry stamp,am thinking my next 90 day period would begin from the date of re-entering thailand, which going to shorten my 15 month max on this visa.unfortunately durnig this year i am going to have to exit thailand during these 90 day periods which looks like it will indeed cause my 15 month max to be shortened.I hope i make myself clear.

You do not need a Re Entry Permit. You have a Multi Entry. You can come and go as many times as you want until your Visa expires. If you enter Thailand the day before your Visa expires you will get another 90 days thus making a total of 15 months.

If you wanted to leave within that final 90 days you would then need a Re Entry Permit to keep your stay alive.

You have a multiple entry so you don't need a re-entry permit. They have a single entry.

You can make as many entries as you want for the year and will not change getting almost 15 months. You just have to make the last entry before the use by date to get the last 90 days..

If you wanted to go out for a short trip during that last 90 days you would need a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of that permit to stay.

Of course if you were going to have less than 30 days left on the entry and flying in it would be better to just come back on a visa exempt entry instead of getting a re-entry permit.