Stolen Notebook Last Night!

Aza90

Had my notebook stolen from inside my bungalow on Lamai beach (near Hinta Hinyai) last night between 11.30pm - 5am.

It is quite old and the model is an Averatec so there's not many about. It is silver and over 4 years old.

On the chance that anyone comes across anything or hears anything (I appreciate very remote) please pm me asap. I have reported it with Lamai and Chaweng police already.

Many Thanks

so i take it you where out all night :o

is your bungelow in a complex? ... as random robbers are very rare in lamai, and are usally an inside job........

did nothing else get stolen?????

No Boater I was not out when it was stolen. I returned to my bungalow and watched the football. Fell asleep at about 12 ish and when I woke it had gone from inside my room. I know random robbers are rare and I am staying in a place where I used to stay for years and never previously had anything stolen. I think it must have been an opportunist come from the beach, seen the TV flickering and then just had a look through the window. The bolt on the door wasn't very good and they must have just chanced it. <deleted> nightmare. Shit happens I know but........ Nothing else was stolen, my wallet was in a pair of trousers hanging up. My passport wasnt taken and my phone was on the bed next to me under the covers. I didn't hear a thing but as I said I am right on the beach so not dead quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. It was an inside job although management of course did not think so. What happened was when my buddy and I went out to dinner, someone came in our rooms and unlocked the sliding glass door, leaving the curtains closed. So when we came back from dinner the room looked the same. Same as we left it. Then in the morning laptop was gone and my buddy's bag was left on the porch. They went through his clothes looking for money.

Sorry this happened. I was pissed but now if the room doesn't have a safe, I double check everything before going to bed and put the laptop in a bag underneath the bed. They won't go through your room. Only come in quick and grab and leave.