Real Estate Agents In Chiang Mai

liveagain

Can anyone please recommend a professional, curtious Real estate company or agent in Chaing Mai to assist in finding a condo or apartment for rent with a long term contract?

We had a horrible experience with a local agent at H.T. Properties. After the agent showed us some properties I told him the unit I wanted to rent. He then either ignored us, gave us incorrect information or just told us that its not his job to get the contract terms from the owner. All we wanted to do was give him money to rent the condo! :o

:D This past experience with H.T. Properties was not just a symptom of the "Mai Pen Ria" way of life (Which I love by the way), it was just unprofessional. He just did not seem to want to bother with us.

Is looking in Citylife.com or another classified the best way to find a condo for rent in Chiang Mai? Any advise on great agents or companies would be greatly apreciated. Thanks everyone! :D

¡Hi!

I just found a really nice house through www.chiangmainews.com .Many different options. There are some freelance thai people behind those advertisements that if you don´t like the first choice they keep looking around for what you need. They get paid from the landlord. So no extra cost for you. This is the way I found in one week what I was looking for ¡Just mail the people asking for pictures in order not to lose your time.

¿Are you already in Chiang Mai?

Cheers,

Can anyone please recommend a professional, curtious Real estate company or agent in Chaing Mai to assist in finding a condo or apartment for rent with a long term contract?

We had a horrible experience with a local agent at H.T. Properties. After the agent showed us some properties I told him the unit I wanted to rent. He then either ignored us, gave us incorrect information or just told us that its not his job to get the contract terms from the owner. All we wanted to do was give him money to rent the condo! :o

:D This past experience with H.T. Properties was not just a symptom of the "Mai Pen Ria" way of life (Which I love by the way), it was just unprofessional. He just did not seem to want to bother with us.

Is looking in Citylife.com or another classified the best way to find a condo for rent in Chiang Mai? Any advise on great agents or companies would be greatly apreciated. Thanks everyone! :D

We rent a property from HT Properties, and find them very Professional we have just renewed our tenancy for 2 years .As regards to anything to do with the house one phone call to the owner of the company (Mary) and the repairs are done the same day.I would be interested to know the name of the male who showed you the properties as the only staff that we deal with are women ,other than the maintenance men.

Also i would be interested to know how long ago this happened?.

We rent a property from HT Properties, and find them very Professional we have just renewed our tenancy for 2 years .As regards to anything to do with the house one phone call to the owner of the company (Mary) and the repairs are done the same day.I would be interested to know the name of the male who showed you the properties as the only staff that we deal with are women ,other than the maintenance men.

Im happy to hear that you have had a good experience with them. I was so dissapointed, because the condo they showed us is exactly what we wanted but know we have to look elsewhere I guess. I would hate to put the gentlemens name in a public forum, but we origianlly went to the office and discussed with the woman working there what we where looking for, we made an appointment to look at some options and the gentlemen meet us at H.T. Properties and then showed us 2 different places that fit our needs. After that we called him with 2 questions about the property and letting him know we wanted to rent the unit. After getting bad information and ignored calls from him, I emailed the company directly letting them know we still wanted to rent the property. I have not recieved any response from them either. Their was no language problem as my partner speaks fluant Thai. I believe the 2 quesions we had where not out of line, we just inquired about renting the property unfurnished and we wanted to make sure the air con still worked as it was a older unit. Anyway....here is to happy hunting!

I used www.chiangmaihouse.com and www.jasminehomes.co.th

I've used agents in the past to look for a house and have been totally underwhelmed by the way they attempt to assist in finding the right property and that includes the recommended agents posted on this thread. Just to give you a flavour................almost every agent we enquired with showed us properties they had on their lists for let.............but when we asked to view a call to the owner revealed the property had already been let. A real waste of time. A good few of them couldn't even be bothered to make a call. Mai ben rai.

So the best advice is to do it yourself and as it is a condo you want to rent you really don't need an agent. There are literally hundreds of condos for rent and the majority are not listed in any agents office, and you'll get them at a cheaper rent than through an agent.

Im happy to hear that you have had a good experience with them. I was so dissapointed, because the condo they showed us is exactly what we wanted but know we have to look elsewhere I guess. I would hate to put the gentlemens name in a public forum, but we origianlly went to the office and discussed with the woman working there what we where looking for, we made an appointment to look at some options and the gentlemen meet us at H.T. Properties and then showed us 2 different places that fit our needs. After that we called him with 2 questions about the property and letting him know we wanted to rent the unit. After getting bad information and ignored calls from him, I emailed the company directly letting them know we still wanted to rent the property. I have not recieved any response from them either. Their was no language problem as my partner speaks fluant Thai. I believe the 2 quesions we had where not out of line, we just inquired about renting the property unfurnished and we wanted to make sure the air con still worked as it was a older unit. Anyway....here is to happy hunting!

Obviously a good question about the aircon; but if you asked in a very blunt way ( in thai or english) you have your answer. did your thai gf give the impression she was not overkeen on the property. does she have her eye on something else? you don't know exactly what she said.

only ideas but never assume whatb is beingb said in tahi is your translation.

good luck with getting a condo.

i'll echo this. i rented via HT property and found mary and her team to be nothing but helpful and professional.

I posted for another guy... call NATTY... she is an independent agent with no hidden agenda's. She will get the best price and work hard to find what you need. She found a place for a gentleman from Holland just 2 days ago after reading the post in the other thread.

NATTY - 089 430 8454 - she is also starting to post her properties on www.chiangmaiclassifieds.net

Good luck

If your partner speaks Thai, then just ditch the agents and find your own place directly. Just show up at buildings you are interested in and start asking around. It's not quite true that agents don't charge the renter, only the landlord. The landlord determines the rental price factoring in the agent's commission. Renting through an agent at 15K may be equivalent to renting on your own at 12K. There is a role for agents if you have limited time or ability to communicate. But the fact is that if you are planning to live in Chiang Mai you'll have to immerse and fend for yourself, and finding new diggs is a great way to start. Good luck!

I've used these two and been happy with service and results:

http://www.chiangmailiving.com

http://www.chiangmai-properties.com

I haven't used these, but have browsed their rental listings:

http://www.chiangmaihouse.com

http://www.chiangmaihouse.com

http://www.firstnationalthailand.com

http://www.chiangmairealty.com

http://www.houseinchiangmai.net

There are others out there, but these can give you a start.

I think the best deals aren't advertised through English speaking professionals but by Thai word-of-mouth, so if you have a Thai friend who knows the area he/she can help. You also can try the Thai Visa classifieds and http://www.bahtsold.com.

There are a handful or properties located on my site http://www.mrroomfinder.com/ but i think mostly from private landlords as opposed to agencies. Anyway, you can do a quick search from the home page. Just select location: North Thailand

Unfortunately, real estate agencies have a reputation on a par with dodgy car salesmen, meaning the few bad eggs make folks suspicious of the many.

Best lead would probably be to go with an agency that has been recommended by those who have previously been happy with the service.

Aitch

Thanks for everyone's Suggestions & Thoughts on the subject. We did recently find a great condo for rent through chiangmaicondo.net. Gary was a great agent that was easy to work with. Here is to our new life in Chaing Mai! Thanks again everyone! :o

Thanks for everyone's Suggestions & Thoughts on the subject. We did recently find a great condo for rent through chiangmaicondo.net. Gary was a great agent that was easy to work with. Here is to our new life in Chaing Mai! Thanks again everyone! :o

Gary is ok with condos. Sometimes he helped me too.

Found brand new website also specialized Chiang Mai accommodation, http://chiangmai.thaiapartments.net

Every person you meet on the street is a real estate agent.

(hint hint)

Yes, there is a lot of truth to that.

Personally I wouldn’t use any of the real estate agents.

The agents work on commission, the higher the sale price or rent, the more commissions for the so-called agent.

By using an agent or ads from agents on the Internet, you will be paying over inflated Farang prices.

Better to acquire a property, say, from a friend of a friend, or perhaps a newspaper ad and of course the ThaiVisa classifieds.