Please Help!

hi all

Can anybody help me with this?

My thai wife's mother wants to take my wife's son to austria, does anybody know the requirments to do this? and how?

My wife's mother now lives in austria with her husband, she wants to help us by taking care of my wifes 4yr old son, until she can settles in the uk with me, this will give us a chance to get appropriate accomadation for us all and to try get into a better financial situation before will try bring him to the uk.

we are not sure how long she will need to kept him and what type of visa he will need

my wife will be starting her application for a settlement visa next month. and of course not sure that we get it the first time round.

We need to make sure her son's going to be in good hands before my wife can go anywhere. my wife has her sister who can look after him in thailand but she much rather her mother, due to the fact that she has a closer relationship with him and also was the person too look after him when my wife had to work outside her city.

can anyone help?

thanks! :o

Hi Mills,

I'm not well versed on Austrian immigration law and it's probably best if you contact the Austrian embassy in Bangkok. However, my lack of knowledge doesn't stop me from chipping in my twopenn'orth based on general principles rather than absolute fact.

It is my belief that it will be difficult for your wife's mother to take her grandchild to Austria, the principle reason being that the child's mother is perfectly capable of looking after him. To the Austrian authorities the fact that there are currently difficulties in getting a visa for the UK for the child are not relevant. They would ask why they have to let the child live in Austria just because the UK authorities won't allow the child entry. Furthermore, your wife's mother would have to prove that she has been instrumental in the child's upbringing, both emotionally and financially. They would also expect to see proof that the child's father is not in a position to take care of his son.

As an aside, (I can't remeber if I've mentioned this before) when your wife applies for a visa she'll need to include her son's birth certificate in the bundle of documents which she supplies to the embassy.

Scouse.