Paying Overdue Electricity Bill. . .

StevieH

have stupidly allowed my leccy bill to remain unpaid which means i can't pay it at 7/11. . . .can anyone tell me where the office is to pay late ones please? and is it likely to be open today, it being a public holiday and all?

Fai Fah Ban Daen (big electric head office). About 1km south of Rimping (Nawarat branch)

Opposite side of road from Gymkhana Golf course and foreigners cemetery. Ground floor. Just follow all the other people with bills.

I doubt its open today.

have stupidly allowed my leccy bill to remain unpaid which means i can't pay it at 7/11. . . .can anyone tell me where the office is to pay late ones please? and is it likely to be open today, it being a public holiday and all?

dont think it will be open today, but the office is on the road at the side of the river near the gymkana club, sorry im no good with names of roads, but its the same side of the river as the river rimping about another 2 kilometres on if your coming from narawat bridge.

Fai Fah Ban Daen (big electric head office). About 1km south of Rimping (Nawarat branch)

Opposite side of road from Gymkhana Golf course and foreigners cemetery. Ground floor. Just follow all the other people with bills.

I doubt its open today.

Get somebody to do it for you, unless you have a lot of time to waste- usually VERY busy!

Another tip or two for finding it: It's also got 3 big Thai letters in Orange set atop the building - I believe Gor For Por - and that's a good way to call it too. I always head across the river by Rajawej Hospital and the Holiday Inn, hang a left onto CM-Lmaphun Rd., and it's not too far up on my left side (across from Gymkhana as said by others). And as mentioned b4, you'll be lost in the crowd as many other late-payers will undoubtedly be there. Be early. Made this mistake twice last year. Once got my cue tab n waited about 25 mins. Another time, a miserable rainy day I was, say, #678 and they were only up to 320 or so when I got the ticket (so bring a book). Had to waaaaaait foreeeeever.

Another tip or two for finding it: It's also got 3 big Thai letters in Orange set atop the building - I believe Gor For Por - and that's a good way to call it too. I always head across the river by Rajawej Hospital and the Holiday Inn, hang a left onto CM-Lmaphun Rd., and it's not too far up on my left side (across from Gymkhana as said by others). And as mentioned b4, you'll be lost in the crowd as many other late-payers will undoubtedly be there. Be early. Made this mistake twice last year. Once got my cue tab n waited about 25 mins. Another time, a miserable rainy day I was, say, #678 and they were only up to 320 or so when I got the ticket (so bring a book). Had to waaaaaait foreeeeever.

thanks man, good advice. any idea what time they actually open of a morning?

They're definitely open at 8am and possibly even earlier. Good advice from the other guys to get down there very early as there will probably be a backlog of punters due to the holiday today.

that's an excellent call. sounds like the next january sale, i'll take a sleeping bag and camping stove.

Just a note to anyone who digs up this thread in the future and heads off to that office where StevieH was advised to go.

You should find out in advance if your area is covered by that office. We made the mistake of presuming it covered all of Chiang Mai and went there at 16:00 on a Friday afternoon with our overdue bill (bills must be paid in 7 days now, shutoff in 10), only to be told that we had to go to the office that covered Tambon Nong Jom where we live. We were told it was on the old road to Sansai. We had to race to find a songtaew who would take us there quickly before they closed. No one had ever heard of that office and our driver had to stop 4 times and ask locals how to get there. It was out in the middle of nowhere and the door was locked when we got there. Fortunately the guy was sympathetic and let us in to pay.

Just a note to anyone who digs up this thread in the future and heads off to that office where StevieH was advised to go.

You should find out in advance if your area is covered by that office. We made the mistake of presuming it covered all of Chiang Mai and went there at 16:00 on a Friday afternoon with our overdue bill (bills must be paid in 7 days now, shutoff in 10), only to be told that we had to go to the office that covered Tambon Nong Jom where we live. We were told it was on the old road to Sansai. We had to race to find a songtaew who would take us there quickly before they closed. No one had ever heard of that office and our driver had to stop 4 times and ask locals how to get there. It was out in the middle of nowhere and the door was locked when we got there. Fortunately the guy was sympathetic and let us in to pay.

I've been there a few times (live in Maejo). It opens at 8am which is really good if you need to be at work before 9am.