Going Legal With Ubc [truevisions]

jaideeguy

I confess to being a [mostly happy] 'pirate' for 4 yrs and have saved thousands of THB, but have put up with lots of downtime and agrivations with my 'pirate vendor'. Now, I'm tired of dealing with my vendor and I have seen the light and want to hook up with the legal guys 'Truevisions' .

My question is ..... Can I use my pirate hardware 7ft dish and dreambox500 to avoid paying their equipment rental charges??

I confess to being a [mostly happy] 'pirate' for 4 yrs and have saved thousands of THB, but have put up with lots of downtime and agrivations with my 'pirate vendor'. Now, I'm tired of dealing with my vendor and I have seen the light and want to hook up with the legal guys 'Truevisions' .

My question is ..... Can I use my pirate hardware 7ft dish and dreambox500 to avoid paying their equipment rental charges??

I don't think so! The Dreambox isn't legal in Thailand as far as I know and on the other hand you're not allowed to use more connection on UBC as you pay for.

Cheers.

For one dish & one IRD there is no rental fee.

UBC charges me for box rental.. I dont even use the box as I have a complex 3 dreambox cardsharing system in the house, but if you dont pay thier rental fee they get arsey about coming to check for failures and blame your hardware, I just plug the UBC box in and show them its not working on that, then do my own setup once they leave.

And to the OP, yes the dreambox works fine, and is totally legal if your using the UBC access card, its the same as running any other upgraded aftermarket box.

Of course it can also do other clever things that are borderline legal, like cardshare your own account within your own home.