Korat Bike Week

Thumchok

Looks like I will be home just in time for Korat bike week on the 7/8 March .

Does anyone have any more info ie. Venue , accommodation close by , parade time etc .

Will be heading from Pattaya just straight up 331 & onto 304 . Anyone else going or want to go .

Cheers ,

Jim .

Hi Jim!

Bard, Trent, Peter and I might hit the Korat Bike Week as part of our SSR trip, but we'll be coming from Udon or Khon Kaen.

Sorry- I don't know any details about the bike week other than the dates. Hopefully someone else can track down some info.

Hope to see you there!

Happy Trails,

Tony

020809Mekong21bZm.jpg

Hi Jim!

Bard, Trent, Peter and I might hit the Korat Bike Week as part of our SSR trip, but we'll be coming from Udon or Khon Kaen.

Sorry- I don't know any details about the bike week other than the dates. Hopefully someone else can track down some info.

Hope to see you there!

Happy Trails,

Tony

020809Mekong21bZm.jpg

Mon and I will be there for sure , might meet up with a mate from bangkok . Will be good to catch up with you all again .

Send us an SMS when you arrive in Korat and we'll meet up somewhere .

Cheers ,

Jim .

Hi Jim,

We might not go there, but will be around Udon Thani and / or Khon Kaen with still some touring to go so you could meet up with us when we're there and follow back. I will end the trip in Rayong so we could buddy ride back to the area close by you before we split.

details here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ssr-Epic-Ride-t241023.html

Planning a new trip again the 13th over the weekend, still debating were to ride though... If you got ideas they're welcome, need to maximize the touring before rainy season starts... :o

Cheers Bard

Hi Bard ,

I only get home on the 5th at midnight , so cutting it pretty fine to even make it to Korat .

I looked at your ride when you posted it , and its a little too far too quickly for my taste , ( and my backside ) :D

We'll meet up soon enough for sure . Might even come along to Bira for a look .

Take care and enjoy your trip .

Stay upright ,

Jim & Mon . :D

Hi Jim,

We might not go there, but will be around Udon Thani and / or Khon Kaen with still some touring to go so you could meet up with us when we're there and follow back. I will end the trip in Rayong so we could buddy ride back to the area close by you before we split.

details here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ssr-Epic-Ride-t241023.html

Planning a new trip again the 13th over the weekend, still debating were to ride though... If you got ideas they're welcome, need to maximize the touring before rainy season starts... :o

Cheers Bard

Hi Bard, Hi Jim!

I'm very much looking forward to the SSR Trip next month!

Bard- is there any way we can modify our itinerary slightly so that we can hit the Korat Bike Rally on the 8th?

3rd Bangkok to Mae Sot

4th Mae Sot to Mae Hong Son

5th Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai

6th Loop around Chiang Mai

7th Chiang Mai to Udon Thani

8th Udon Thani to KORAT BIKE WEEK

10th Korat to Home via Sae Kaeo and 3295 through the National Park

What do you think? It'd be cool if we could hit the Korat Rally- I'm sure it'll be a blast.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Yes yes Tony you'll get your bike week without wifey,

You get your will mate, don't worry will be fun as hel_l man. BTW Dougal might come along and JohnGooding will be with us from Chiang Mai to Khon Kaen.

Cheers Bard

Ok so far I have 2 bikes going from Pattaya , and 1 from bangkok . 1, ZZR1400 & 2, 2005 R1's , a mate from work is riding up on my R1 which is currently for sale .

Surely somebody has some more info on the bike week as it's only 3 weeks away .

Cheers ,

Jim .

:o

not much info online about this bike event. all i found was that it's a single day event (march 8th). pretty crap marketing if they are expecting anyone to show up. i've never been to korat....is it so tiny maybe that there's no missing the bikes?

i'll talk to the regular bunch and see if they into riding up that weekend....pretty sure we will...from bangkok.

The plan is we are riding up to meet up with the other guys from the SSR ride. Then we all ride back to Bangkok. Since Korat is only a single twist of the throttle away. Should be plenty willing to go just for the ride.

I for one will be going together with AntR1 & Kottan.

Korat is anything but small , the Mrs is going to call one of the organisers for Roi Et bike week and see if he knows anything . Be nice to know exactly where it is so we can organise handy accomodation .

If it is only Sunday , I will leave Pattaya early AM and meet up with the mate from BKK and head up through Kao Yai again , then up #2 to Korat .

Hopefully we'll meet up with you's there .

Cheers ,

Jim .

Korat is anything but small , the Mrs is going to call one of the organisers for Roi Et bike week and see if he knows anything . Be nice to know exactly where it is so we can organise handy accomodation .

If it is only Sunday , I will leave Pattaya early AM and meet up with the mate from BKK and head up through Kao Yai again , then up #2 to Korat .

Hopefully we'll meet up with you's there .

Cheers ,

Jim .

had my GF google in thai and couldn't find anything worthwhile. hopefully some details with surface soon.

maybe we can hook up somewhere along the way dude. looks like 3 of us for sure.....will more than likely increase to 4 or 5 by the time the date rolls around.

It's amazing how hard it can be to find info on some of the Thai Bike Rallies.

Some of the best rallies I've been to are the ones that are hardly advertised. Pluak Daeng and Lopburi are good examples. The best advertised bike week has got to be the Chiang Mai rally, and yet that was my least favorite...

I'm sure there's got to be info on some of the Thai forums about the Korat rally and I'll ask a few Thai friends to see if any of them have any details.

Here's a pic I found from last year's rally-

KoratBikeWeek2008.jpg

:o

Happy Trails!

Tony

I'll ask my missus to call my friends at Rayong Riders they seem to meet up at all these hard to figure out weekends. Maybe they can shed some light.

It is amazing that they arrange but not advertise stuff, incredible that people come!!!

Hi Guys

I carnt make the bike week as im still working in Bangladesh not back until mid feb, you could try this guy for some info hes the thai salesman at Sibsima (yamaha big bikes korat) he owns a R6 speaks some english. 0878713622 John Gooding knows him as he gets his bike serviced there.

Hope this is of some help

Jim

so......guess no further info on this bike week...the mysterious korat bike week :o

i guess our plan (travelmate, kottan and i) will be to do our usual 2 meeting points. saturday the 7th at the caltex on asoke at 730 and then the ptt on viphavadi at 8-ish.

who's riding up with us?

Hey guys why don't you all meet us in Udon the 7th, where we can enjoy the local "attractions" then slide down to Korat for the vintage bike week the 8th? We might have to use a crowbar to get Trent out of Udon, so the more we are as more leverage we have to get him out of there...

Cheers Bard

Hey guys why don't you all meet us in Udon the 7th, where we can enjoy the local "attractions" then slide down to Korat for the vintage bike week the 8th? We might have to use a crowbar to get Trent out of Udon, so the more we are as more leverage we have to get him out of there...

Cheers Bard

hey bard,

sounds good but unfortunately for me i've only got 1 night...have to depart for bkk on the 8th. so i think i prefer just a short blast to korat and get straight into the alcohol :o maximize my relaxing time hehe