How To Send Payment Abroad (australia).

Tyke

Hi,

I need to send payment to Australia in Australian dollars, to a private person who won't set up a PayPal account and does not want me to make a direct bank-to-bank transfer. My accounts are in the UK or Thailand so can't send a cheque. Is an International Money Order OK for this? If so where can I get one and can I buy one in Australian Dollars? Any other way of doing it?

Hi,

I need to send payment to Australia in Australian dollars, to a private person who won't set up a PayPal account and does not want me to make a direct bank-to-bank transfer. My accounts are in the UK or Thailand so can't send a cheque. Is an International Money Order OK for this? If so where can I get one and can I buy one in Australian Dollars? Any other way of doing it?

thats a tough one,if your in thailand you could transfer via western union,recipient collects at a post office,in aussie dollars but you have to send in thai baht which is good for you cos of the current exchange rate.

Why don't you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok http://www.austembassy.or.th/bkok/consular.html

My wife transfers money to her mom in Thailand by way of an ATM card. My wife sent mom an ATM card and MIL pulls out baht when she needs too. She puts in dollars here and it comes out baht there. Seems to me you could put baht in there and your mate pull out Aussie dollars in Australia.

Why don't you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok http://www.austembassy.or.th/bkok/consular.html

My wife transfers money to her mom in Thailand by way of an ATM card. My wife sent mom an ATM card and MIL pulls out baht when she needs too. She puts in dollars here and it comes out baht there. Seems to me you could put baht in there and your mate pull out Aussie dollars in Australia.

Are you reading what he asked for? No direct bank-to-bank transfer.

If Bank to Bank transfers are out, then it has to come down to institutions like Western Union or World Exchange....theres a few of them but the rates you get wont be as attractive as the banks.

Even though it involves banks, has the OP thought about billpay, ie: paying money off the receipants credit card. Perhaps thats out too, just a thought.