Diabetis

larrybond

Hi,

I got the diagnose diabetis 1 some weeks ago while home on vacation in europe. I use Novarapid and Insultard at the moment with Flexipen. I aslo use Freestyle lite glucos meter and got some pack with Bayer Microlet. I wonder if someone use this stuff and know the prices and where to buy in Bangkok.

2nd question is how others with diabetis done with insurance? I talked with Bupa and they not cover anything.

3rd I feel so stupid to line up question like this but this is new to me and still not really get used to it. (hated injections but now take between 100-200). But I wonder how it affected you life and what you avoid. How is the heat affect this. What about the food are there anything I should be extra careful with that is in normal thaifood. As said still in chock and guess need to improve my sallad part and smaller dishes and stop take beers with friends.

Anyway sorry for this boring or formal questions but your answer are vare valuble and I thank you in advance.

cheers

Larry

Hi,

I got the diagnose diabetis 1 some weeks ago while home on vacation in europe. I use Novarapid and Insultard at the moment with Flexipen. I aslo use Freestyle lite glucos meter and got some pack with Bayer Microlet. I wonder if someone use this stuff and know the prices and where to buy in Bangkok.

2nd question is how others with diabetis done with insurance? I talked with Bupa and they not cover anything.

3rd I feel so stupid to line up question like this but this is new to me and still not really get used to it. (hated injections but now take between 100-200). But I wonder how it affected you life and what you avoid. How is the heat affect this. What about the food are there anything I should be extra careful with that is in normal thaifood. As said still in chock and guess need to improve my sallad part and smaller dishes and stop take beers with friends.

Anyway sorry for this boring or formal questions but your answer are vare valuble and I thank you in advance.

cheers

Larry

Larry,

Check out therse two threads, lots of helpful info in both:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Diabetes-t22...amp;hl=Diabetes

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Diabetes-Man...amp;hl=Diabetes

Yes, you will have to cut the beers out (small quantity of wine is usually the safest if you are going to drink at all) and go easy on the rice. If possible stick with brown rice and small amounts. Ditto go easy on noodles. The main dishes are pretty OK, it's the rice and noodles that wil end your sugars sky high.

What type of BUPA poilcy do you have? If it is only for hospitalization then of course it will only cover hospitalization. But unless you had diabetes prior to getting the policy (pre-existing condition) I don;t see how it could exclude diabetes, doesn't sound right....?

I have diabetes 2 and for the past few years I've handled it myself and pretty well screwed up.Last year I decided to go to the hospital diabetes clinic. They have been guiding me and my condition has impoved greatly. The other benefit of going to the local hospital is the reduced cost of meds.

Joe

I have type 2 as well. I haven't cut out the beers (only really drink on a Friday night). My HBA1C has gone from 6.5% to 6.2% still needs work.

I use this forum to discuss any issues or questions I have. The members are all diabetic (type 1 & 2) and are VERY helpful. Visit the forum and search around for questions already asked.