Tb Test

hi everyone

just to ask can anyone help with some info on the tb jag

where to go in bkk for it

timescale and cost

thanks to all

Not 100% sure of the cost, it's about 2500 or so baht. Basically you can call up and book an appointment, or you can turn up early and wait on the off-chance someone cancels (Which my wife and I did as my wife never managed to book an appointment. Bear in mind we had a 6 month old baby so they may have taken pity on us at this point :o ). You will have to fill out a form or two, pay the fee and nominate the hospital you will be attending. We went to the Phyathai one as the other one was having upgrades done to its system. Quickly get a taxi to the hospital. Have the x-ray done and as long as the doc says it's ok, you can hotfoot it back to the IOM for the afternoon session where they will hand out the certificate when you hand over the x-ray. So, if everythign is ok, timescale is 1 to 2 days if you can't make it back the same day.

hi everyone

just to ask can anyone help with some info on the tb jag

where to go in bkk for it

timescale and cost

thanks to all

Not 100% sure of the cost, it's about 2500 or so baht. Basically you can call up and book an appointment, or you can turn up early and wait on the off-chance someone cancels (Which my wife and I did as my wife never managed to book an appointment. Bear in mind we had a 6 month old baby so they may have taken pity on us at this point :o ). You will have to fill out a form or two, pay the fee and nominate the hospital you will be attending. We went to the Phyathai one as the other one was having upgrades done to its system. Quickly get a taxi to the hospital. Have the x-ray done and as long as the doc says it's ok, you can hotfoot it back to the IOM for the afternoon session where they will hand out the certificate when you hand over the x-ray. So, if everythign is ok, timescale is 1 to 2 days if you can't make it back the same day.

thanks guys for the fast replys

where do you phone up for the appoiment carnt see on the application form and

charlie you say hot foot it back to iom what you mean by the iom

cheers john

thanks guys for the fast replys

where do you phone up for the appoiment carnt see on the application form and

charlie you say hot foot it back to iom what you mean by the iom

cheers john

My misus had her TB checked last week. First you make an appointment & visit IOM thailand.I tried to post the link but it wont let me. Just google it.

She then had to got to phyathai hospital in Bangkok for the test. As she is up the duff, she had to make three visits, as they dont like to do a chest xray if the lady is pregnant.

I naively thought that testing was done under the same roof. We have a test booked for the morning of the 17th and a date at VFS at 1000hrs the next day. Assuming that the test result is negative and she doesn't need further screening, is the time frame doable?

I naively thought that testing was done under the same roof. We have a test booked for the morning of the 17th and a date at VFS at 1000hrs the next day. Assuming that the test result is negative and she doesn't need further screening, is the time frame doable?

Yes, it is doable, but keep in mind they do registrations in the morning and hand out certificates in the afternoon. So you need to get back the same afternoon or you'll have to wait until the next day for your certificate, which ruins your VFS appointment timing.

Ask the person who registers you at the IOM which hospital is faster at the moment. This is how we found out that one was doing some kind of system upgrade and was working slower at the time we did ours. As soon as you have registered, go downstairs and hop into a taxi and go straight to the hospital. If you're lucky you will be out of the hospital with a good x-ray within 30 - 45 minutes. Then go straight back to the IOM.

When they hand out the certificates they use a deli-counter numbering system. So you have to take a number ticket and wait until yours is called. It is doable in a day, we did it within a day with a 6 month old in tow. The biggest waste of time is the waiting around in the IOM. Do the x-ray asap after you have registered to get back as quickly as possible.

Did this last year with wife. Rang for appointment, they open and there will invariably be a crowd, once registered and paid 2500 bht they tell you the name of the Hospital, other side of town, I found it easier to go by skytrain as the traffic was bad (as per normal).

You'll see all the others queueing up as well. Returned by Skytrain.

Don't bust a gut trying to get back as they close for lunch 12 to 1pm. we got back at 11.45am to be told that the x-ray could not be processed until after lunch.

Good Luck, they were very polite and couteous. :o

My wife made an appoint for 8.30 Friday morning. We were first in and first out..pegged it to Bumrungrad...first in, first out with the X-Rays and pegged it back to the office to get doctor to view X-Ray and give approval.... sat waiting and after one or two people who came after us had been served, got a call to a desk and were told that Bumrungrad..in their brillianc.... had stuck a sticker over part of the chest X-Ray and another had to be sent because the doctor was not happy he could see the entire chest.

They arranged for Bumrungrad to messenger another copy but rather than being out by 11.30, we had to hang around until after lunch when a new one was sent. We we out and completed by 1.30.

You can see now why Bumrungrad charges so much money. It clearly goes on employing the best staff... TIT at its finest.