Tourist Visa Extension Question

I received a Tourist Visa at the end of November in Laos for two months, I extended this in Bngkok last month and its valid until the 25th of February.

If I go to immigration tomorrow can I extend this for a further ten days so my visa will be valid until the 7th of March?

My plan is to extend again tomorrow and then on the same day apply to change my visa to a Non-B as I will then be within the 21 days and I have all of the required paperwork.

Cheers for the quick reply maybe someone could update the page on thaivisa.com that says you can get the 10 day extension.

Thanks for your help, do you think there is any possibility of the immigration officers letting me change my visa if I got the 7 extension tomorrow I would have twenty days left on my passport, I have all of the nessecary documents I just really don't want to go to Laos

Edited by sleepwalker999

I think they will turn you down, but you can always try. They will not give you an extension unless you have proof of onward travel (ticket out of the country)

It will be easier to get a non-B from abroad. Like Joe said, apply for the WP before you leave to get the visa.

I think they will turn you down, but you can always try. They will not give you an extension unless you have proof of onward travel (ticket out of the country)

It will be easier to get a non-B from abroad. Like Joe said, apply for the WP before you leave to get the visa.

Is a word permit application now a requirement for Vientaine I was under the impression the usual school papers, the MOE letter, a letter from school and teachers license would do the trick. For proof of onward travel would a bus ticket be enough?

Edited by sleepwalker999

Many embassies/consulates in Asia require it, must say I'm not totaly sure about Vientianne but better be safe then sorry. But for a conversion you would also need to apply for the WP first. For a teacher that shouldn't be a problem.

A bus ticket might or might not be enough, it will depend on the officer and if your name is on the ticket it might help. Normaly they will want a plane ticket. If you are going to work at a government school immigration will also be more helpful.