World’s Fastest Production Electric Motorcycle

Gravelrash

missionone.jpg "Just unveiled at the TED2009 conference, the Mission One from Mission Motors, a hi-tech California startup company, building what is about to be the world’s fastest production electric motorcycle. How fast? 150 mph. Range? 150 miles. Torque? 100 foot pounds, instantly available whether you’re standing still or cruising at 60 mph, no gears, just roll it on … I think the game just changed."

Full Article

Seems the electric bikes will be getting more interesting. Apparently a lot of enthusiastic rider feedback too. Mind you, even when they become common (and cost effective) will still probably be taxed out of affordability in Thailand. :o

Has anybody seen the video of the worlds fastest electric bike crashing?The guy that owns it does a bit of a burnout in front of his business,near a main road and it GRIPS big time,hurling rider and bike flat out into a parked car!! The guy was ok,but seriously,this bike was incredible! :o

Thanks for that clip. 2 little observations....i like the "it got away from ya there" comment. and- how smart is it to hop on a bike that goes 0-60 in .9 seconds wearing a f***ing baseball cap and a polo shirt?!! In a parking lot :o That's one lucky guy. Must be fun to ride in straight line where you have some room though.

Does this bike come with some loudspeakers, as I rode a electric motorcycle for a a bit longer then a week in Bangkok. And the only problem I have is the bee like sound... The power was impressive, but with a beeeeeeeee sound coming from the electric motor you not get the same "good" feeling as you get with a violent combustion engine...

Only $70,000..only 2.45 million baht...only 245 million satang...plus import taxes..I'll take one...no, wait, that is ten to twenty CBR150R's...

My electric driving experience is limited to a two-seater four-wheeler in Oklahoma Cirty, which was kind of pretty, around 1975...I still have questions about weight, and the cost of replacing the batteries. But Donovan said electrical banana's got to be the very next thing, so give me a yellow one.

What an idiot that guy on you tube, mr trixey.

Is that 0-60 miles per hour in 0.9 of a second....<deleted>, how could you hold on, you wouldnt want to grab a wrist full at the wrong time, like this idiot.

I cant believe he was just laying on the ground like that,,,,,was this a set up, wonder if his neck was broken just below his boof head.

The bike certainly knows how to get up and boogie.

What an idiot that guy on you tube, mr trixey.

Is that 0-60 miles per hour in 0.9 of a second....<deleted>, how could you hold on, you wouldnt want to grab a wrist full at the wrong time, like this idiot.

I cant believe he was just laying on the ground like that,,,,,was this a set up, wonder if his neck was broken just below his boof head.

The bike certainly knows how to get up and boogie.

No setup,it was a publicity thingy...He was ok,but highly embarrassed... :D And just a little bit bruised!Later on he recorded a 7.6 quarter mile,if my memory serves me well? :D:o:D

Thanks for that clip. 2 little observations....i like the "it got away from ya there" comment. and- how smart is it to hop on a bike that goes 0-60 in .9 seconds wearing a f***ing baseball cap and a polo shirt?!! In a parking lot :o That's one lucky guy. Must be fun to ride in straight line where you have some room though.

Just because a person may well be a genius,doesn't mean he is wise.... :D And it's a bugger of a thing when you show off and it goes horribly wrong,more so in this day of Youtube.... :D:D:D:wai: