Sawasdee Hotel Chains

junki3korean

Cheap? Clean? and friendly??? or Not worth my money?? dirty? and Bad staff???

O.k....how many of yous have actually heard one of the above, and how many have actually stayed in a sawasdee before....

Best budget hotels is the moto....from my experience one of the worst...

Checked in at about 2pm had no clean rooms available told us around 1 hour wait...ended up checking in at 6pm.....they had only one housekeeper who was working her ass off.....Lifts were out of service at the time and the receptionist happen to put us on the highest floor and had to walk up to the 8th floor.....i feel sorry for the guy who had to bring up our luggage :o

Room is very......lets just say you get what you pay for....I would even say 600 baht is not worth a siam sawasdee room...

Security???? hmmm.....if you do you check in to a sawasdee check your window mine was un-locked and i could open it from the outside same with my other 2 friends room and a pomy guy I met next to my room....who was clueless at the fact aswell...

Shower had hot water indeed :D.....but sprayed out like piss....took me a revolution just to get my hair wet.......

i know i know......its a budget hotel what do you expect right?? But i expected more from sawasdee....maybe my exprience was just bad and there services are better ....not sure....or maybe it was just the one i was staying at??

HOw was your stay at a sawasdee chain????

when I first came to thailand in my early 20's I discovered the sawasdee chain. some 'get what you paid for' guest houses around KSR were slightly better than ok for the money - eg I thought the mini-bar in the room was a nice touch for a budget joint.

however, on a stay in one of the sawasdee hotels in pattaya, I got food poisoning from the hotel restaurant - sickness and shitness for 4 days straight!!! one of my worst ever thai experiences.

stayed in several just for a night, when my other, favourite guest house was fully booked. I do prefer smaller, rather family run guest houses, than large ones and chains. Easier to speak to the management and sort any problems out.

as to sawasdee I think it's not even a chain, just a very popular guest house name

yeah they have Guest houses, Hotels, And Service apartments....i think :D

:o Stayed at the Siam Sawadee corner Soi Honey Inn and Soi Buakaow, Old hotel , very little upkeep, A/c, was old at floor level, cleanerwas lazy, rooms barely cleaned . B/F not worth the price = cold ,poor selection.

There are so many far better hotels than these for a similar price, dont waste your money using Sawadee hotels they are definately not worth your money.

This chain of hotels have rapidly earnt themselves a bad reputationas a cheap dirty budget chain, :D and you certainly dont get what you paid for

I stayed in Sawadee Sea View on Soi 10 Pattaya a few years back. I had a suite room with sea view for 1400baht. The room had a sitting and dining area, kitchen area, and bedroom. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower cubicle and a separate bath and shower. The whole room was absolutely spotless. They had a very nice relaxing coffee shop area ,very clean and tidy with good food.

To be honest I'm not sure if the place was new or very, very recently refurbished, although a friend had a cheap room for about 600 baht and his was not so clean.

Another friend had a family room and his was very clean and tidy like mine.

On the whole, the stay I had there was first class.

John.....

I stayed in Sawadee Sea View on Soi 10 Pattaya a few years back. I had a suite room with sea view for 1400baht. The room had a sitting and dining area, kitchen area, and bedroom. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower cubicle and a separate bath and shower. The whole room was absolutely spotless. They had a very nice relaxing coffee shop area ,very clean and tidy with good food.

To be honest I'm not sure if the place was new or very, very recently refurbished, although a friend had a cheap room for about 600 baht and his was not so clean.

Another friend had a family room and his was very clean and tidy like mine.

On the whole, the stay I had there was first class.

John.....

I met my wife in the Sawadee Sea View Soi 10, she was on reception. I have no complaint regarding the hotel or my wife. Edited by coventry

:o Stayed at the Siam Sawadee corner Soi Honey Inn and Soi Buakaow, Old hotel , very little upkeep, A/c, was old at floor level, cleanerwas lazy, rooms barely cleaned . B/F not worth the price = cold ,poor selection.

There are so many far better hotels than these for a similar price, dont waste your money using Sawadee hotels they are definately not worth your money.

This chain of hotels have rapidly earnt themselves a bad reputationas a cheap dirty budget chain, :D and you certainly dont get what you paid for

I found the same. I hated that dump. My abiding memories are of frequently cutting my head on the wood carving over the bed and on the low bathroom door frame, and of the loud shrill phone in the cleaner's area that would go off whenever reception called them.

The food in the kitchen was rank.

The reception staff were unpleasant as well.

I always avoided them after that place and would never consider the Woraburi either as it's one of theirs.

I found the same. I hated that dump. My abiding memories are of frequently cutting my head on the wood carving over the bed and on the low bathroom door frame, and of the loud shrill phone in the cleaner's area that would go off whenever reception called them.

The food in the kitchen was rank.

The reception staff were unpleasant as well.

I always avoided them after that place and would never consider the Woraburi either as it's one of theirs.

the delightful siam sawasdee was where I got the food poisoning. :D

as I said, some of the sawasdee joints down KSR are OK. I wouldn't stay on KSR theses days but they did the job in the early years. but the siam sawasdee in patters should be avoided.

Have stayed in about 4 different Sawasdees in the Khao San area. Tiny room and a bit rough round the edges - but every room has an en suite bathroom, TV and fridge (even though it's all kind of piled in on top of each other) - many places on Khao San for the same money wouldn't have any of those ameneties.

And, apart from possibly breakfast, I'd never eat in a Khao San Road guest house's restaurant so can't comment on the Sawasdee culinary experience.

• 5 months later...