English Style Pub In Onnut

dotcom

Well coming back from At Narong Road the other day I happened to pass by this place. Rather large Union Jack on the sign outside. So the next night I took my Mrs & we decided to try it.

Very good food at good prices.

I would say if you live in the BangJak area give em a try. I'll be going back tonight. Wife had sausages & mash with gravy, I had chicken & mushroom pie. Good taste. The guy told me they make their own pies. Draft beer.

On Suk 50 - go along past Tesco - up past the motorway on ramp. Keep going maybe 1/2 a mile & it's on your left. They have parking. It's in a lovely garden.

I'll post a map later.

Bon Appetite.

Well coming back from At Narong Road the other day I happened to pass by this place. Rather large Union Jack on the sign outside. So the next night I took my Mrs & we decided to try it.

Very good food at good prices.

I would say if you live in the BangJak area give em a try. I'll be going back tonight. Wife had sausages & mash with gravy, I had chicken & mushroom pie. Good taste. The guy told me they make their own pies. Draft beer.

On Suk 50 - go along past Tesco - up past the motorway on ramp. Keep going maybe 1/2 a mile & it's on your left. They have parking. It's in a lovely garden.

I'll post a map later.

Bon Appetite.

I've seen the place from a distance (never turned under that bridge though ---) let us know about the Fish and Chips :o

Sunday Roast?

I think for the Sunday Roast you are gonna have to hit Molly McQuires. That's what I'm doin.

The fish fingers were great. Served with sliced tomato cucumber & tartare sauce.

If you ordered a side of "chips" it would feed 2.

They are open Tuesday to Saturday 3 to 11.

It's just a nice neighborhood place that we should support.

I'll be dining there often. Next on the list #61. Grilled pork filet mingion with chips & salad.

Owner is named "Anan". Tell em Rick sent you.

Sounds good, think I'll give it a try as it's not too far from my gaff. Weird location to have such a pub, though, I hope they get enough business out there.
I get the impression there that it's the owner's house and when he moved the pub out of Silom he simply built one in front of his house. You'll see what I mean when you stop by. The owner looks to be Thai, but speaks English as if he is Thai-Something Else or spent a lot of time abroad, so I felt kind of stupid when I started ordering in Thai and he responded with a very clear, "Okay, right, so that's one Tiger and a Shepherd's Pie, right? Anything else?" Egg on face, sunny side up, please. Edited by on-on

• 1 year later...

Just a little update... Been in the Toby Jug pub a few times in the last couple of weeks and the food and service and price are excellent. A must for anyone wanting a bit of traditional grub but want some quieter surroundings.

The menu should still cater to most people and I would strongly recommend that people try it at least once. OK, it is a little bit out of the way down sukhumvit soi 50, but well worth the journey.

The must have item?? one of the home made pie :)

MNM

p.s. found out they can do 'party packs' and home delivery if you have a nice motorbike taxi guy who will pick it up for you.

Toby Jug has been in Bangkok and Pattaya for many years. I used to go to one on soi Post Office in Pattaya a long time ago.

Yep, and it is still the same guy and his wife from the place in Bangkok running it. They have a folder with all the news clippings in, well worth a read.

MNM