Dentist For False Teeth

triffid

I'd be grateful for a recommendation of a dentist (other than Grace Dental or Chiangmai Dental Hospital) to have a set of false teeth (dentures) made. I'm not looking to save on cost; I just want someone who'll do the job well and has some english so as to understand what I say/want. A referral to a specific dentist who did this recently for someone would be the most valuable; but I'd appreciate any soundly based recommendation.

I personally have not had any work done at this dental clinic, but my wife has. She has almost a full partial and was very happy with the doctor and the costs. This dentist is well known in the Chiang Mai community and is very busy - so get an appointment.

I do not know if he speaks English, but maybe enough to get by.

It's the WORRAPONJ DENTAL CLINIC

74/1 Ratchiangsoen Rd

053 282 939 or 053 208 777 open from 9 a.m. till 8 p.m.

I believe he has one or two other doctors on staff, so ask for him specifically.

The reason I am recommending this clinic is because they have a detal lab on premises which makes the turn around time minimal. Other clinics have to send their work out to various labs which delays things.

My wife kept asking him to make a new partial, three times he told her, NO, the ones you have are still good and that what she has - you can't get any better. Her's were made in the USA - top quality. He told her, "you don't need to spend any money"

Maybe someone else will give same recommendation.

Good Luck.

Oh, the location is on the road down from Panthip Plaza, away from the river. If you are going that direction, it's about 20 blocks from where the beginning of the edge of the moat starts, across from the market almost.

Oh, the location is on the road down from Panthip Plaza, away from the river. If you are going that direction, it's about 20 blocks from where the beginning of the edge of the moat starts, across from the market almost.

Nothing like specific directions.

Edited by Blinky Bill

I'd be grateful for a recommendation of a dentist (other than Grace Dental or Chiangmai Dental Hospital) to have a set of false teeth (dentures) made.

I was just thinking of going to one or other of these two dental practices and I wondered why you cross them off our list.

I'd be grateful for a recommendation of a dentist (other than Grace Dental or Chiangmai Dental Hospital) to have a set of false teeth (dentures) made.

I was just thinking of going to one or other of these two dental practices and I wondered why you cross them off our list.

I had some work done (a few months back) at the Chiang Mai Dental Hospital and was quite satisfied with the quality of the work.

The price might have been a bit on the high side but have no real way of making a comparison.

Edited by john b good

I've had bad experience at both.

Grace did the present set of false teeth (which I'm looking to replace). She didn't wait long enough for the gums to heal following extraction hence thew fit is now loose, and the length/line is too short hence they are barely visible even with a big smile, other problem too...

I was probably unlucky; but it would be silly, awkward and futile - to go back there for the same thing. (It's not as if there's the remotest chance she's going to admit her botch up and do me a new set for free.

But I'm not necessarily warning you off Grace

Dental Hospital (where I'd gone before switching to Grace) - the old man (owner I believe) made a complete balls up of a treatment...wont bore you with the details.

I personally have not had any work done at this dental clinic, but my wife has. She has almost a full partial and was very happy with the doctor and the costs. This dentist is well known in the Chiang Mai community and is very busy - so get an appointment.

I do not know if he speaks English, but maybe enough to get by.

It's the WORRAPONJ DENTAL CLINIC

74/1 Ratchiangsoen Rd

053 282 939 or 053 208 777 open from 9 a.m. till 8 p.m.

I believe he has one or two other doctors on staff, so ask for him specifically.

The reason I am recommending this clinic is because they have a detal lab on premises which makes the turn around time minimal. Other clinics have to send their work out to various labs which delays things.

My wife kept asking him to make a new partial, three times he told her, NO, the ones you have are still good and that what she has - you can't get any better. Her's were made in the USA - top quality. He told her, "you don't need to spend any money"

Maybe someone else will give same recommendation.

Good Luck.

Thank you for the recommendation. But just to clarify....

1) His name is ? Worraponj ?

2) Your wife hasn't had such work done by him - she did it in the USA ?

Yes, that's his name, the owner.

Yes again, she didn't have the original work done here, but has gone twice, once to get her partial tightened (no charge - eventhough it was her first time visit) and the second was when her partial broke in two, not in the center, but where they added on (in the US) when she had another tooth extracted.

I guess I should have more specific. Just the way he treated the wife (NO RIP OFFS) says alot for this practice. The second time when they fixed her partial, she was in at 9 a.m. and back again at noon to pick it us and the cost was only 150 baht. She's really happy with their work, she says it's as good as new.

I noticed there weren't many other recommendations. I had two root canals and two crowns done at Grace Dental about 8 months ago. Very nice place and high quality from what I can tell. I did have some problems with one crown, kept coming off. After the third visit to get it glued back on, they made a new crown and no problem ever since. No charge. They do stand by their work. I have a couple other friends that are completely satisfied with Grace Dental also.

Hope this helps.

I have only been to Chiangmai Dental Hospital here, and got excellent dentures made by the younger dentist, I had both a full denture, and a partial which he later converted to a full. At one-fortieth the cost I was quoted in Houston. Sorry, his name escapes me now, but I believe it started with K. Far better than the junk I paid much more for, in Mexico.

Yes, that's his name, the owner.

Yes again, she didn't have the original work done here, but has gone twice, once to get her partial tightened (no charge - eventhough it was her first time visit) and the second was when her partial broke in two, not in the center, but where they added on (in the US) when she had another tooth extracted.

I guess I should have more specific. Just the way he treated the wife (NO RIP OFFS) says alot for this practice. The second time when they fixed her partial, she was in at 9 a.m. and back again at noon to pick it us and the cost was only 150 baht. She's really happy with their work, she says it's as good as new.

I noticed there weren't many other recommendations. I had two root canals and two crowns done at Grace Dental about 8 months ago. Very nice place and high quality from what I can tell. I did have some problems with one crown, kept coming off. After the third visit to get it glued back on, they made a new crown and no problem ever since. No charge. They do stand by their work. I have a couple other friends that are completely satisfied with Grace Dental also.

Hope this helps.

Once again thanks.

You convince me about his practice of honest charging, no rip off, etc. I suppose if they have a lab on the premises they must do quite a bit of work involving false teeth. If your wife had had similar work done there and compared it favourably with work she had done in the USA that would have been the clinching argument. I may well end up with this dentist - especially as no-one so far has specified a dentist who did a denture well for them.

Regarding Grace, my problem is not as objective and unarguable as the one you had - the crown coming off; and I have the necessary evidence already that she isn't going to admit a mistake on her part so no point in my creating a futile fuss about it.

Edited by triffid

I have only been to Chiangmai Dental Hospital here, and got excellent dentures made by the younger dentist, I had both a full denture, and a partial which he later converted to a full. At one-fortieth the cost I was quoted in Houston. Sorry, his name escapes me now, but I believe it started with K. Far better than the junk I paid much more for, in Mexico.

Thanks.

I'm hoping someone else will also reply citing a dentist who did "excellent dentures" - elsewhere. (As I mentioned I'd rather have an alternative to CM Detal Hospital, if possible. But given your strong recommendation I haven't entirely ruled out this place - provided I identify the dentist with a name starting with K !)

Thanks.

I'm hoping someone else will also reply citing a dentist who did "excellent dentures" - elsewhere. (As I mentioned I'd rather have an alternative to CM Detal Hospital, if possible. But given your strong recommendation I haven't entirely ruled out this place - provided I identify the dentist with a name starting with K !)

His name is Dr. Kraivit, Both my wife and I have used him. We are very pleased with the work he has done! :o

... snip ... As I mentioned I'd rather have an alternative to CM Detal Hospital, if possible. But given your strong recommendation I haven't entirely ruled out this place - provided I identify the dentist with a name starting with K !

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Triffid,

I second Khun Berit's recommendation of Dr. Kraivit who did several crowns for me several years ago. He works slowly and carefully.

I have had friends here who have had negative experiences with work done by the other dentists there, but have never once had anyone who saw Dr. Kraivit report anything but very good experience and care. I have personally referred several people to him.

~o:37;

... snip ... As I mentioned I'd rather have an alternative to CM Detal Hospital, if possible. But given your strong recommendation I haven't entirely ruled out this place - provided I identify the dentist with a name starting with K !

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Triffid,

I second Khun Berit's recommendation of Dr. Kraivit who did several crowns for me several years ago. He works slowly and carefully.

I have had friends here who have had negative experiences with work done by the other dentists there, but have never once had anyone who saw Dr. Kraivit report anything but very good experience and care. I have personally referred several people to him.

~o:37;

My man was Dr Pichit. I think that he is the head honcho there.

Thanks for identifying Kravit (at CM Dental Hosp). So I now have one recommendation specifically for dentures, viz by Peace Blondie of Kravit - though others were happy with his other work on crowns etc.

No-one else had dentures made here to their satisfaction - other than at Grace ?

Thanks for identifying Kravit (at CM Dental Hosp). So I now have one recommendation specifically for dentures, viz by Peace Blondie of Kravit - though others were happy with his other work on crowns etc.

No-one else had dentures made here to their satisfaction - other than at Grace ?

I said that I was quite satisfied with the work done at CM Dental Hospital.

You will not get any guarantee about mouth work.

And all recommendations are always gonna be subjective.

I liked several things about Kravit. His chairside manners, his really low prices, his excellent dentures that fit the first time. That was around late 2003 (I recall the girl on the front row smiling when I whistled accidentally for the first time in years - Duannapha), and I have never even googled for the care and feeding of dentures. How long does a good pair last for someone with strong gums? Fifty years?

His name is Dr. Kraivit, Both my wife and I have used him. We are very pleased with the work he has done! :o

I am assuming that it was something other than dentures. But thank you anyway for the information and recommendation.

It was dentures ! Three years ago he made full set for us both. No problem so far ! :D

I liked several things about Kravit. His chairside manners, his really low prices, his excellent dentures that fit the first time. That was around late 2003 (I recall the girl on the front row smiling when I whistled accidentally for the first time in years - Duannapha), and I have never even googled for the care and feeding of dentures. How long does a good pair last for someone with strong gums? Fifty years?

Fifty years would be pushing it a bit.

I believe that one can become a bit complacent with dentures, i.e. get them and forget them.

And then things sort of creep up and whilst they are still are (or seem) comfortable enough, maybe they are not really doing their job which of course is to (apart from making you looking presentable) munch up food. And if they are not doing that properly and efficiently it can lead to other health related issues.

Dr Suripon at Dr. Darede (Prof. of Periodontics) Clinic across the street from Ruam Paet Hospital, near the Chiangmai Gate Hotel. He's great, as is she, does not charge differential prices and will not make you go through unnecessary treatments. The number is 053 271832. The dentists there all speak excellent English, but the receptionist doesn't, so have a Thai friend call for an appointment. BTW, Dr Darede saved my teeth nine years ago, and I wouldnt consider going anywhere else. All her people are first rate.

• 2 months later...

A friends parents are over here for a visit at the moment. They were in Ayutaya 2 years ago where his mother had 6 or 8 new false bottom teeth made for 2500 Baht total. She says she's very happy with them 2 years later. Anyone know of any supercheap dentists like this in Chiang Mai? A Thai friend of mine has been quoted in the region of 6000 per tooth for a 6 tooth bridge made from metal and ceramic = 36000 Baht, by one of the dentists recommended above. Another of the above dentists quoted higher.

I dont really know of the different options involved so any additional info appreciated :o

Cheers

JD

I said that I was quite satisfied with the work done at CM Dental Hospital.

You will not get any guarantee about mouth work.

And all recommendations are always gonna be subjective.

Fifty years would be pushing it a bit.

I believe that one can become a bit complacent with dentures, i.e. get them and forget them.

And then things sort of creep up and whilst they are still are (or seem) comfortable enough, maybe they are not really doing their job which of course is to (apart from making you looking presentable) munch up food. And if they are not doing that properly and efficiently it can lead to other health related issues.

I had been reading your posts as referring to work other than dentures (full and/or partial) although in the second post you may have implied that the work was for dentures - but I'm uncertain of this as I didn't think Phichit did such work. This why from all the helpful responses I could glean only one - PeaceBlondie's - which made a recommendation (CM DEntal, Kravit) for specifically dentures. Everyone else's were of dentists for work other than specifically making new dentures.

Dr Suripon at Dr. Darede (Prof. of Periodontics) Clinic across the street from Ruam Paet Hospital, near the Chiangmai Gate Hotel. He's great, as is she, does not charge differential prices and will not make you go through unnecessary treatments. The number is 053 271832. The dentists there all speak excellent English, but the receptionist doesn't, so have a Thai friend call for an appointment. BTW, Dr Darede saved my teeth nine years ago, and I wouldnt consider going anywhere else. All her people are first rate.

I know about this practice and Dr Darede did do some work for me. But the dentures man Suripon is only there once a week so the appointments/work would stretch out over a long period of time. But also although you recommend him as a dentist you don't say that you have experience of his work in making you a set of dentures.

Thanks to all who responded to my query.

If I am not mistaken the only dentist recommended (by PeaceBlondie and berit) specifically for dentures, on the basis of first hand experience, is Mr Kravit at CM Dental Hospital. I'd hoped for more than just the one such recommendation, and perhaps something other than Grace and CMDH. But I appreciate everyone's comments.

I'm mulling over the choice of Kravit who is so highly spoken of - even though he's at CMDH where Pichit had previously messed me up. My alternative is to get it done in Bangkok where I go from time to time. (Perhaps someone knows a fantastic place for this work there!!!!)

But thanks again.

• 10 months later...

I revive this trhead because I really want to get a new set of false teeth made now - having put it off for a while - and want to ask

1) anyone know if dr kravit works anywhere else than cm dental hospital?

2) is there another recommendation specifically for false teeth (dentures) - other than cm dental hospital or grace dental clinic?

i am interested in a first class, well qualified dentist (preferably with some english), not so much in prices.

Thanks again.

I have had major dental surgery, extraction of all upper teeth at Chiang Mai Ram Hospital and Dental Clinic. I will not have my new uppers for another 6 weeks as for healing but as of this moment I am highly pleased with the results and professionalism of their staff, particular my dentist DR Thacharot Boonyapakorn I highly recommend. Yes you can communicate, excellent English.

I have had major dental surgery, extraction of all upper teeth at Chiang Mai Ram Hospital and Dental Clinic. I will not have my new uppers for another 6 weeks as for healing but as of this moment I am highly pleased with the results and professionalism of their staff, particular my dentist DR Thacharot Boonyapakorn I highly recommend. Yes you can communicate, excellent English.

all smiles then? :):D