Need Help With Bicycle Break Assembly / Adjustment

g00dgirl

I am looking for anyone who knows how to install / adjust breaks on a bicycle to help me out in Rawai / Nai Harn.

I ordered a bicycle from overseas and put it together but don't know exactly how to get the breaks to work (Shimano Deore V-break).

I am also in need to buy/borrow a hand or foot pump for bicycle tyre with valve of the type Schrader (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrader_valve).

If you can help or know someone please pm me.

Need help with bicycle break assembly / adjustment

I know of 2 bike shops, one in Kathu and one in Kamala.. My brother (bike nut) says theres one in Talang too. If you ant directiosn to either of those say so and I will make a google map point.

Ditch the schrader valve tubes for generic ones.. Constant pain in the arse to get em filled.

I know of 2 bike shops, one in Kathu and one in Kamala.. My brother (bike nut) says theres one in Talang too. If you ant directiosn to either of those say so and I will make a google map point.

Ditch the schrader valve tubes for generic ones.. Constant pain in the arse to get em filled.

Thank you, yes I know the bike shops in Phuket as well, but none in my area and I can't take the bike anywhere right now so I am asking for someone in Rawai Nai Harn.

The Schrader valves are on special small tyres of a new kids trailer, not on a bicycle, so not sure if I would get tubes in that size, but in any case for now I don't want to replace three brand new tubes just because I don't have a pump for that valve.

I am looking for anyone who knows how to install / adjust breaks on a bicycle to help me out in Rawai / Nai Harn.

I ordered a bicycle from overseas and put it together but don't know exactly how to get the breaks to work (Shimano Deore V-break).

I am also in need to buy/borrow a hand or foot pump for bicycle tyre with valve of the type Schrader (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrader_valve).

There is 2 bike shops in Kata/karon Beach boy bike (27 Patak Rd) and Siam bike tours (135 Patak Road, T. Kata Beach). Beach boy would be my first choice

Edited by pete600

Thank you, yes I also like the K.V. cycle in Phuket town better than beach boy. I had a rim trued at beach boy and spokes redone and it lasted only a few days, spokes broke again and rim was bent again

but at K.V. they must have done a better job and the works lasts until today.

Also a very young boy at K.V. found the source of a clicking noise my bicycle made after everyone tried to find it for ages, it came from a faulty pedal and I was happy when he replaced it and the clicking was gone.

Take your bike to the bike shop in kata,they will adjust for you and you can buy a pomp for schrader valves overthere.

K.V., you know when you drive into Phuket town on Chaofa East and you come to the big intersection where you turn right at an angle and on your right hand side is a long row of fruit stands, it's opposite the fruit stands on the left, just a few meters from the big intersection.

Should be easy...

bolt the brake arms and levers on.........hold one brake block exactly where you want it on the rim and tighten the bolt...then holding both brake blocks on the rim, tighten the cable bolt so you have just enough room to put the noodle in it's holder. Then take up any free play on the lever. OK?

If you have good sharp pliers, trim the cable

heres a link to shimano instructions

http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/bleve...D=1234705442890

to