Red Shirts Fighting Red Shirts In Chiang Mai

sriracha john

Chiang Mai for Democracy,

Chiang Mai Liberal,

Thaksin Loving People Club

Chiang Mai Loving People 51

One of the leaders, Mahawan Kawang

There was a concert rally by the reds last night at Mae Hia market near Night Safari area.

As usual like any 'festive occasion' free beer, free cheap liquor and free food to attract the hungry crowd! :D

It was very crowded and the police were kept busy.

I asked few that attended the rally what was spoken and what were the 'messages' . None can remember or say anything other than they were too busy enjoying the free drinks and food! :D

Thank you for that.

Were you able to ascertain which "reds" they were? I know it probably was not an issue before now, but as they've splintered into these different fighting Red Shirt groups, it'd be worthwhile to see who's doing what around town, what they're saying, and whether or not their audience is even listening.

Now that the reds are split into so many other 'denominations' , it will be interesting to see what kind of red rally was that.

Will check that out tomorrow and post! :D

It's the 'ChiangMai loving people 51' that stage the rally! :o

So loving that providing free food and drinks for 10 tables! :wai:

Also another news is that they are going to stage a 'bigger' rally on 20th or 24th ( dates was very confussing with the people that attended the rally ) and this time it will be at the "700 yrs old stadium " in ChiangMai.

Wonder how many tables can that be fixed inside! :P

Free food again or paid 10 course dinner? They are not sure! :D

Since cmsally seems to have the inside scoop on the reds in Chiang Mai I was hoping she would address this thread. (Weren't we told there was only really one red group in Chiang Mai and that they were centrist UDD?)

Their fighting "methods might differ"... but they're all one big Red Shirt Family again... well, until their next brouhaha anyway...

Imageaspxyyyy.jpg

Today in Chiang Mai province, several factions of the red-shirt group in the province held a meeting to announce the indefinite postponement of the mobile 'Truth Today' program. The show was originally to be held at the Chiang Mai 700 Years Stadium on February 2.

Core leader of the Thaksin Lovers of Thailand Group Mahawan Gawang stated that the main reason for the postponement is because Her Majesty the Queen and the royal family will be residing at the Bhubing Palace in Chiang Mai Province from February 21 to 28. So the group is concerned that a third party might try to take advantage of the situation and disrupt the event.

He confirmed that there will be more mobile 'Truth Today' shows in the future, but said a date has not yet been set.

On the other hand, core leader of the Chiang Mai for Democracy Group Narongsak Manee said that the group has already reconciled with the Love Chiangmai 51 Group. Both groups claim to be campaigning for democracy though their methods differ. He also insisted that the group will join the mass gathering of the red-shirt protesters on February 24.

- TOC / 2009-02-17

Edited by sriracha john

When they're not fighting each other, the Red Shirts are looking to fight with farmers that don't wish to join the fighting Red Shirts? :o

30096138-01.jpg

Pro-Thaksin protesters in Chiang Mai who rallied at the City Hall nearly clashed with corn farmers who gathered at the City Hall after the farmers refused to join the group.

The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

Pro-Thaksin protesters in Chiang Mai who rallied at the City Hall nearly clashed with corn farmers who gathered at the City Hall after the farmers refused to join the group.

The Nation

Perhaps the farmers remember who negotiated & signed the Free Trade Agreement, with China, which allowed a flood of cheaper agricultural-products in, reducing the prices they get paid for their own crops ?

Hope that the red-shirts in Chiang Mai don't take their usual stance, opposing with violence, anybody who doesn't agree with them ? Perhaps they might settle for putting the farmers, on the long list of Thaksin's enemies, at the next voodoo ceremony ? :o

Their fighting "methods might differ"... but they're all one big Red Shirt Family again... well, until their next brouhaha anyway...

Imageaspxyyyy.jpg

Today in Chiang Mai province, several factions of the red-shirt group in the province held a meeting to announce the indefinite postponement of the mobile 'Truth Today' program. The show was originally to be held at the Chiang Mai 700 Years Stadium on February 2.

Core leader of the Thaksin Lovers of Thailand Group Mahawan Gawang stated that the main reason for the postponement is because Her Majesty the Queen and the royal family will be residing at the Bhubing Palace in Chiang Mai Province from February 21 to 28. So the group is concerned that a third party might try to take advantage of the situation and disrupt the event.

He confirmed that there will be more mobile 'Truth Today' shows in the future, but said a date has not yet been set.

On the other hand, core leader of the Chiang Mai for Democracy Group Narongsak Manee said that the group has already reconciled with the Love Chiangmai 51 Group. Both groups claim to be campaigning for democracy though their methods differ. He also insisted that the group will join the mass gathering of the red-shirt protesters on February 24.

- TOC / 2009-02-17

I am still confused .. I thought CMSally said there weren't 'factions' and only one group in CNX!

I am still confused .. I thought CMSally said there weren't 'factions' and only one group in CNX!

Additional mention of various groups of Red Shirts in Chiang Mai follows...

‘Red shirt’ demonstrators disrupt traffic and Flower Festival

Some 3,000 pro-Thaksin red-shirted demonstrators from Rak Chiang Mai 51, Rak Lamphun 51 and Rak Lampang 51 disrupted traffic and caused major inconvenience to both residents and visitors to the Flower Festival on its last day, Sunday February 8.

Red shirted demonstrators march through the city centre, causing disruption to the Chiang Mai Flower Festival parade.

The demonstrators, on foot and in vehicles, paraded around the moat road for some hours in protest against the government of PM Abhisit Vejjajiva, carrying banners written in both Thai and English urging that the government be forced to resign.

Later, on Thursday February 12, a rally was held outside Chiang Mai Railway Station by three breakaway groups, Chiang Mai for Democracy, Chiang Mai Liberals, and Rak Thaksin, who had left Rak Chiang Mai 51 due to conflicts of opinion. A violent clash broke out when members of the original group attacked the protestors, injuring 5 demonstrators from the new groups. Mae Ping police station’s deputy chief, Pol. Lt. Col. Samphan Sirima, said the attackers and the injured used to be allies and worked together.

- Chiang Mai Mail / 2009-02-17

Edited by sriracha john

5 injured in Red-VS-Red clash in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai - Five people were injured members of a red-shirted group attacked members of other red-shirted groups in this northern city Thursday night, police said.

The clash occurred at 10:30 pm at a rally site in front of Chiang Mai Railway station.

Three groups of red-shirted people - the Chiang Mai for Democracy, the Chiang Mai Liberal, and the Thaksin Loving People Club - held the rally.

These groups' leaders said they have left the Chiang Mai Loving People 51 because of conflicts of opinions.

They said the Chiang Mai Loving People sent its members to attack demonstrators at the rally site, injuring five of them.

One of the leaders, Mahawan Kawang, said he and other groups decided against joining the Chiang Mai Loving People because they could not agreed with the working style of the Chiang Mai Loving People.

Mae Ping police station deputy chief Pol Lt Col Samphan Sirima said the attackers and the injured used to be allies and work together.

- The Nation / 2009-02-13

I keep telling my thai wife I want to start the purple shirts movement of oopsies, at least they will be entertaining and fix your hair and nails while we protest.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another gathering at Chang Phuak gate on saturday evening ( 7th March 09 ) at about 7.30pm. I drove pass there and those red shirts were trying to divert part of the traffic! Lots of illegal parking along the road.

At about 9.45pm, there seems to be hundreds of floating lanterns released from that area.

Anybody drove pass there around 9.45pm on saturday eve or witness this 'Bad luck' releasing floating lanterns ? :D

The press does not seems to 'pick up' this event! :o

Illegal parking in thailand ? that cant be! :o

Ive been traveling around quite allot the last 3 weeks visiting my wifes family mostly Lampang and Chiang Mai. I will avoid speaking about some things - but will say that there is a great amount of support for the Red-Shirt or UDD. Most of her family isnt going online or watching cable news but they seem to have a feeling that they are not represented with the current administration. There are some who seem to have supported the PAD as well but they are a definite minority with those we have visited. Over-all most people talk quietly when they talk politics, sorta the same tone and demeanor they might use when saying something bad about a neighbor. But they do talk and have their opinions.

Edited by kenai

I was riding my bicycle through the gate about 11PM and was wondering why had happened earlier. There weren't that many people there and I didn't notice any red shirts. Maybe I am color blind. Funny, I happen to be wearing my izod red polo shirt.

I was riding my bicycle through the gate about 11PM and was wondering why had happened earlier. There weren't that many people there and I didn't notice any red shirts. Maybe I am color blind. Funny, I happen to be wearing my izod red polo shirt.

The red shirts are 'famous' for their quick exit before the actual dismissal time! :D Like the Bkk gvt house rally. They left at about 11.00pm instead of leaving the next morning when the rally is called off! :D

Time is money for them! :o