Finding A Housekeeper.

Everyone knows how hard it is to find a good housekeeper...And that applies everywhere.

I've asked my friend's wives..and none of them know anyone who might be both suitable and interested.

There seems to be no Thai Newspsper in Pattaya and few Thais read The Pattaya Mail.

Any suggestions?

ALSO...what is the going rate for a live-in Housekeeper?.

Am I better to the have a live-in?

Or someone who rocks up say, three days a week?.

Maybe Pattaya prices are higher than Chiang Mai, but here, a live-in HK runs a minimum 4,000 per month... You might hear some stories from others about 2,000 baht per month, but forget it. People just don't work that cheap anymore unless they're extremely desperate. You might find one, but she'll be gone as soon as she finds something better, and desperation can get even nice folks to steal.... Also resentment of your cheap wage can cause them to try to get even.

Make an attempt to avoid the hassle by paying a decent wage and giving her decent working conditions. Screen extremely carefully, for there are plenty of women looking for an easy victim- and many farangs fall easily into this category. Getting a housekeeping job is an easy way to get into your home and your life... :D

When training, make sure everything is clearly explained/shown, and correct every mistake right away... Whatever you don't correct will be her SOP. Also, many people will adopt a 'minimal effort' attitude, and won't do anything unless you tell them to do it... I'm unwilling to follow her around supervising all day, so I went through perhaps half a dozen before finding a good one, who has been with me for 3 great years... I pay her 8,000 now (started at 4,000) because she does s much more than just keep house. And she's old and ugly, so no temptations...

Finally, don't hire with your dick. That is the quickest way to major problems, in my experience. :o

Good housekeepers are worth a lot, and so is your life. Take great care with both of them :D

Edited by Ajarn