Antique Fans?

Rasseru

A while back I saw some for sale at that open-air antique market kind of across the highway from Lanna Hospital. I hope that makes sense. The prices there are not exactly cheap but they have some unusual stuff for sale.

I've seen a couple there too. The market is adjacent to where the road emerges from the underpass as you head for Huay Kaew Rd but, as you say the prices are pretty high. The other place to look is the weekend flea market next to Prince Royal College - Saturday is best.

Do you mean ceiling fans or wall/table mounted? I've seen some great ceiling fans in local restaurants (bamboo, timber) but I reckon they would catch you up the ladder before you could get them unscrewed.

It always amazes that light fitting and fans shops sell such universally retch-worthy stuff - I much prefer antique versions of both. Why is this so?

Oh, THOSE kind of fans! I thought you were talking about those of us who used to listen to the Beatles, the Who, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, etc, live and in concert. :o:D:D

While walking around Chiang Mai on a regular basis I see lots of junk shops with all sorts of crap. Some of it actually looks interesting if you wanted some unique stuff for decorating.. I suggest going for a walk on the roads just outside the heart of the city and just looking. I can't describe where I've seen old fans, but I do know that I've seen them. Because I'm not interested in purchasing anything I don't take note of where the shops are.

Edited by IanForbes