Best Mojitos

hannabee

I was once praised for serving the "best frozen Margerita" outside California - but then this is not Xiang Mai!

Can't see what shall be difficult to come up with a decent Mojito - it's the Ingredients after all!

well, good luck on your quest then!

They make a very fine mojito at the Chedi. OK I know it's not exactly priced for the average persons daily sundowner but they are good.

Best time to try them is to splash out for the Jazz Sunday Brunch - freeflow mojitos 11.30-3pm as well as a truly excellent buffet which includes ordering tasting type portions off their standard menu. It is relatively expensive at 1,000 baht a head but as treat every couple of months it is an awesome way to spend a Sunday lunch.

Enjoy :o

They make a very fine mojito at the Chedi. OK I know it's not exactly priced for the average persons daily sundowner but they are good.

Best time to try them is to splash out for the Jazz Sunday Brunch - freeflow mojitos 11.30-3pm as well as a truly excellent buffet which includes ordering tasting type portions off their standard menu. It is relatively expensive at 1,000 baht a head but as treat every couple of months it is an awesome way to spend a Sunday lunch.

Enjoy :D

Thank you very much! Next Sunday, I have a place to go :o

Enjoy :D

Thank you very much! Next Sunday, I have a place to go :o

Ditto, that sounds supremely tasty Thanks for the info

Cafe del Sol, a small and friendly place in the Rasta Compound on Ratwithi road.

I second this. Amy, the farang half-owner, makes a fantastic mojito and is only 100 THB (recently raised from 80). She also makes many wonderful cocktails, all with fresh fruit she buys daily. I highly recommend this shop.

Cafe del Sol, a small and friendly place in the Rasta Compound on Ratwithi road.

I second this. Amy, the farang half-owner, makes a fantastic mojito and is only 100 THB (recently raised from 80). She also makes many wonderful cocktails, all with fresh fruit she buys daily. I highly recommend this shop.

Sounds good. I miss a good Mojito like they had in Europe. Every time I've ordered one here it has been a major disappointment. Can someone be a little more specific as to the location of Cafe del Sol?

Thanks in advance.

go west on ratwithi from moon muang. pass the irish pub on the right, pass the indian restaurant (forget its name), then turn into the alleyway before you get to the traffic light. it's just there on the left, across from zoe in yellow (another bar). just steps away from heaven's beach.

go west on ratwithi from moon muang. pass the irish pub on the right, pass the indian restaurant (forget its name), then turn into the alleyway before you get to the traffic light. it's just there on the left, across from zoe in yellow (another bar). just steps away from heaven's beach.

dukes would probably do a good mojito. Chedis pisco sour is the best outside of lima.

• 3 years later...

Sounds like my afternoon is booked post-130091-0-89988800-1334893191_thumb.

not sure whether there is a "Friendship" in Chiang Mai and whether i raise protests from the aficionados... but Friendship in Pattaya has a Mojito as well as a Margarita premix which might dupe even connoisseurs.

Can I recommend "Carnival" on Loi Kroh, next to the 7-Eleven?

Crucially, they also have a buy 2 get 1 free promotion, and all cocktails are 100 baht during happy hour. (Would verify the promotion options before ordering)

And, they're very good.

Though with ALL cocktails at 100 baht, there is a lot going for ordering a Long Island Ice Tea.. Also very well done.

Happy hour is until 9pm I think.

Can I recommend "Carnival" on Loi Kroh, next to the 7-Eleven?

Crucially, they also have a buy 2 get 1 free promotion, and all cocktails are 100 baht during happy hour. (Would verify the promotion options before ordering)

And, they're very good.

Though with ALL cocktails at 100 baht, there is a lot going for ordering a Long Island Ice Tea.. Also very well done.

Happy hour is until 9pm I think.

Have to totally disagree with you on this one.

While Carnival is a nice enough place, their mojitos are horrible. They taste like someone took moat water, poured it down the ass crack of a homeless guy, then served it to you in a glass of ice.

Although I have not been there in quite some time, my other go-to place for good Mojitos is Sky's Bar on Moon Maung Soi 7. It's just a tiny little hole in the wall place on the left hand side of the road, but the mojitos are 50 THB and almost as good as Del Sol was.

Google Map here:

http://g.co/maps/wveca

-Mestizo

• Like 2

Have to totally disagree with you on this one.

While Carnival is a nice enough place, their mojitos are horrible. They taste like someone took moat water, poured it down the ass crack of a homeless guy, then served it to you in a glass of ice.

laugh.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

shock1.gif Slight over-statement, but points for the way you phrased it.. ;) I thought they were good, but it may depend who makes them? They use home made syrup, crushed mint leaves, plenty lime juice and okay rum.. I prefer if Jaa makes them, but she moved to a different place. She's at Juicy Bar now, the one next to Linda. Which is too bad, in addition to mixing good drinks she's also the perfectly calibrated Five Pint Princess: when she starts to look attractive you know it's time to slow down with the drinking.