Jump to content

Motorcyclist Dies in Fatal Accident in Sattahip, Poor Lighting Claimed as Cause


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg.60f338dadaeca07d73675dfd86fbb850.jpeg

 

A Thai motorbike rider lost his life after he fell off his bike and was run over by a car on Highway 331 in the Chonburi province. The accident happened very early in the morning on June 20th, close to the entryway of the Nong Ta Son village.

 

First responders came to the scene and found the man, who was estimated to be between 35 to 45 years old, already dead. He didn't have any form of personal identification with him. His Honda Wave 125 motorcycle was also at the accident scene, severely damaged from being hit by a car.

 

Another driver involved in the accident, Mr. Amnat, aged 57, stayed at the scene to give his account of what happened to the police. According to him, he was on his way home in his Mitsubishi Pajero when he saw the motorbike rider fall. He attempted to avoid hitting the man but was unable to do so due to the darkness as there were no street lights in the area. Right after the incident, he pulled over and called for emergency help.

 

The police are looking into the accident and they are urging any witnesses to come forward with information as there are no CCTV cameras in the location of the incident.

 

Locals of the area have previously reported a series of cable thefts, leaving the area poorly lit and posing a risk for both pedestrians and motorists at night.

 

File photo for reference only

 

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-21

 

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Poor lightning??? He have light on the bike. This was an accident out of poor driving.

No mention of lightning, just that lighting at the location was not good but a light on his bike, or not, had nothing to do with his death which was caused by the Pajero running over him, the driver of which saw him but couldn't avoid him.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No mention of lightning, just that lighting at the location was not good but a light on his bike, or not, had nothing to do with his death which was caused by the Pajero running over him, the driver of which saw him but couldn't avoid him.

Ok, if you are on a motorbike, you must have reactions. That´s why a motorbike has the advantage in traffic. Therefore, the light he had, was a life saver, if he just had known how to use it.

  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor or no lighting in the area, so what, bike had or didn't have lights, the car had head lights but reactions were slow...

all add up to an accident.

Preventable, possibly.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, buriram39 said:

Totally ridiculous. Poor lighting is a stupid response. Did the rider have a hat? Not that might have made any difference.

 

i hear hats are very effective in stopping the full weight of a pajero on your skull. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, it is what it is said:

didn;t the car have headlights? back home i live in the countryside the roads are completely dark at night, despite this, amazingly i manage to never crash

maybe one one fell off a bike in front of you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Knowing this road,  bike was going too fast and vehicle likely approaching faster on bike from behind never considering?

It is possible, maybe likely, the bike had no lights. But a Pajero certainly would have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor lighting or no, had the guy been surrounded by 2 tons of steel with his seatbelt fastened, chances are he'd be home with the family enjoying the weekend.

 

It's possible that he couldn't afford a 4 wheeler.  But a lot of the guys posting here can, and risk their life by choice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, novacova said:

How does a rider fall off a bike while driving a bike? Did he fall asleep and fell over?

....or using his phone, typing messages ???🥴 And the lost control.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to him, he was on his way home in his Mitsubishi Pajero when he saw the motorbike rider fall. He attempted to avoid hitting the man but was unable to do so due to the darkness as there were no street lights in the area.

That is really the most insane sentence in the story

He saw him fall but couldn't see him so ran him over? 🙄

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, novacova said:

How does a rider fall off a bike while driving a bike? Did he fall asleep and fell over?

 

It happens.  My wife's cousin fell asleep on his bike, late at night, drunk off his butt.  Drove into a ditch, broke both legs.  Had pins put in, couldn't walk for a year.

 

It might have been brake failure or a microsleep, but I'm positive this was due to foreigners not paying enough tax.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, novacova said:

How does a rider fall off a bike while driving a bike? Did he fall asleep and fell over?

Possibly when a bloody great Pajero ran into him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is possible, maybe likely, the bike had no lights. But a Pajero certainly would have. 

Based on the writing of the story of course can and most liKely written incorrect use of words wrong giving the wrong impression as to what really happened.

From the picture of the damage bike it was reported a 125 wave from picture this is a big bike looking at the size of back wheel and the location of gas tank.

I travel this road often day and night based on outline of road no one is going to be traveling even at 50KM/H, certainly not a big bike in general from the damage from photo. If police here actually knew the basic of investigation of accidents markings if any and I gaurantee there are plenty with this scene first and foremost skid marks when bike went down match the distant and the damage of bike would give a forencic inspector a number. My guess just from the damage 80-100 easily.

My training Regardless of speed limit signs I drive what is consider safe for the condition generally it is 80-90, and I make it a point to fowards my eyes 7-10 seconds ahead my lights will catch anything even without lights Ive a number of times have noticed sidecarts on this road traveling on the shoulder with zero lights.

Which get me to my point that in general the way Thais are taught here is to look down and not ahead nor are they taught to share the road.  The SUV driver said reported lights or no lights but saw him " fall off the bike " 

I'll take a guess if whatever speed bike was traveling lets say SUV was traveling the same using proper distance behind if all of a sudden the bike stopped or driver fell off bike split second less than 5 right in front of your vehicle down there is only one result. Whether he intented to or not head straight run over him that is actually what is recommended in the West trying to avoid left right can do more harm. It is recommend brake the best you can and head straight. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Based on the writing of the story of course can and most liKely written incorrect use of words wrong giving the wrong impression as to what really happened.

From the picture of the damage bike it was reported a 125 wave from picture this is a big bike looking at the size of back wheel and the location of gas tank.

I travel this road often day and night based on outline of road no one is going to be traveling even at 50KM/H, certainly not a big bike in general from the damage from photo. If police here actually knew the basic of investigation of accidents markings if any and I gaurantee there are plenty with this scene first and foremost skid marks when bike went down match the distant and the damage of bike would give a forencic inspector a number. My guess just from the damage 80-100 easily.

My training Regardless of speed limit signs I drive what is consider safe for the condition generally it is 80-90, and I make it a point to fowards my eyes 7-10 seconds ahead my lights will catch anything even without lights Ive a number of times have noticed sidecarts on this road traveling on the shoulder with zero lights.

Which get me to my point that in general the way Thais are taught here is to look down and not ahead nor are they taught to share the road.  The SUV driver said reported lights or no lights but saw him " fall off the bike " 

I'll take a guess if whatever speed bike was traveling lets say SUV was traveling the same using proper distance behind if all of a sudden the bike stopped or driver fell off bike split second less than 5 right in front of your vehicle down there is only one result. Whether he intented to or not head straight run over him that is actually what is recommended in the West trying to avoid left right can do more harm. It is recommend brake the best you can and head straight. 🤔

It's a File photo for reference only

 

An actual photo of the bike is in another thread, here ...

 

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

It's a File photo for reference only

 

An actual photo of the bike is in another thread, here ...

 

Reference that is how pathetic the reporting to be.

Regardless pretty much what I wrote can hold true even 125 wave. I travel a lot on my bike 150 PCX I find going 60 to be an adequate speed otherd blow by me.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They recently upgraded a road in Phetchaburi with big lights and I have seen them working once since completing project.Why put lights in places if they won't use them and turn them on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, it is what it is said:

didn;t the car have headlights? back home i live in the countryside the roads are completely dark at night, despite this, amazingly i manage to never crash

 

The last time I was on 'interprovincial roads' at night (dual lane in each direction) it was pitch black, absolute darkness and no visibility at all without headlights..   I had to slow down to drive within my visibly (not to out drive the headlights) but other vehicles were still screaming past me at what I can only estimate was 120 kmh ++

 

In this case the 'crashed bike' should have had lights that made it still visible to the oncoming Pajero driver - was the driver paying attention, going too fast etc ?

 

 

As far as falling of a bike in the middle riding in a straight line... I've been reading recently of people coming off bikes due to debris on the road - this could be a possibility...  (and / or.. just a drunk rider - which wouldn't be a surprise).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, OldmanJ said:

They recently upgraded a road in Phetchaburi with big lights and I have seen them working once since completing project.Why put lights in places if they won't use them and turn them on.

 

Because the contractor was told to erect light poles along the road, the weren't told to wire them up or add bulbs !!!... 

Facetious comment I know - but after seeing the work of contractors here its amazing to discover the lowness of short-cut taking involved... it seems, if there is the slightest option for a short-cut, its taken.

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:
4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

If police here actually knew the basic of investigation of accidents markings if any and I gaurantee there are plenty with this scene first and foremost skid marks when bike went down match the distant and the damage of bike would give a forencic inspector a number.

It's a File photo for reference only

 

An actual photo of the bike is in another thread, here ...

 

 

 

Brilliant - the manner in which ridicule is thrown at the Thai police and the term 'forensic inspector' is thrown out there without being 'forensic' enough to identify that the photo is 'reference only' !!... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.








×
×
  • Create New...